Corsair Community

Crystal 570X RGB Lighting

IDK-TBH

So it seems like the RGB part of my build is sorted. Could you please look through the part list bellow and tell if it will all works i can make etc etc. Also where did you get your cables from (the braided ones that look nice)

Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor

Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Mini Video Card

VENGEANCE® RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C16 Memory Kit (CMR16GX4M2C3000C16)

Crystal 570X RGB Mirror Black Tempered Glass, Premium ATX Mid Tower Case

Hydro Series™ H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid CPU Cooler

CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit

CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit

CORSAIR Commander PRO

LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan — 3 Fan Pack with Lighting Node PRO

Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

RMi Series™ RM650i — 650-Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU (UK Plug)

Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Force Series™ LS 240GB SATA 3 6Gb/s SSD

One thing I feel I should question is your choice of GPU? whats your reasoning behind that model in particular? given the spec of the cpu/mobo/ram etc... surely you would be lookin at a 1080 at minimum?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good point i need to do some research into it. The GPU was recommended to me by a friend who i gave a slightly smaller price point to. Could you link in a good one? that is not too expensive? And please can you tell me where you got your cables/cable combs as i would also like to do a similar clean sort of build like yours.

Graphics cards are silly money at the moment... but any of the major players will do.. EVGA/MSI etc.... if you have the Funds.. Go for the 'Corsair Hydro GFX GTX 1080 Ti'

As for cables

I used 'These' for my front IO and Power Button etc and USB headers and Corsair Premium braided cables from their store everywhere else..

Re the USB headers.. I had to source the 9 Pin usb header housings from an old case and swop the pins into them to make up the ext as a 9 Pin usb cable....

Cable Combs I had from 'Here'

I will definitely keep you posted. Planning to start to buy parts end of Feb. The only thing not decided is the gpu. Could you recommend one that could run 2 4k monitors alright but i dont want it to be too expensive. Also could you recommend where to but parts. I will probably buy what i can from corsiar themselves. But for the GPU and CPU where do you think i should get them?

Dude I just Cant help you with GPU's's as I don't game in 4k.... my 3 surround monitors are 1080p so i am at 5790x1080.. my tv is 4k but we only use it for films and general TV.

my Evga 1080 SC plays Project Cars across my 3 screens on max settings effortlessly.,, same with WW2..

but 4k? dont know dude

• 1 month later...

Hello again,

Fans

I am probably going to go with 6x LL120 Fans and also 3xML that come with the H150I 360mm radiator. I was wondering how i should setup the fans. The 3xLL fans that are on the front and going to sandwich the radiator with the 3xML fans in a push/pull setup. At the back of the case i am going to put 1xLL fan as an exhaust. My question is for the 2xLL at the top. Shall i use the fans at the top as an exhaust or shall i get them to pull air in?

Side Note: Should i use the 3xSp RGB fans that come with the case in stead of the ML ones. That would mean that mounted on the Radiator there would be 3xLL and 3xSP. Or should i just use the ML ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

IMHO.. have the tops as intake.... nice positive pressure in the 570x.. really does cut the dust down because of the filters. if you have them as exhaust it will drag air in round side of the glass and case... I run mine this way and no.. use the ML's... dump the SP's

If i use them as intake that will mean you cant see the light strip from the inside of the case right? And also why do you think i should use the ML's? Isn't it the more RGB the better? Is it because the SP's are loud. Please elaborate. And could you also point me in the direction for some images of your build.

If i use them as intake that will mean you cant see the light strip from the inside of the case right? And also why do you think i should use the ML's? Isn't it the more RGB the better? Is it because the SP's are loud. Please elaborate. And could you also point me in the direction for some images of your build.

Do you look up under the top of the case?.. my case is on the desk next to me and i cant see under the top.. but when i stand up and walk away i can see the top of the case. Sequential RGB effects on the front to the top works as it should ;).

yeah. SP's are loud imho.. I went for HD's on the inside of my rad

Also that would mean i have 5x intake and only 1x exhaust. Is that not problematic?

Nope.. Excess pressure will escape from the gaps around the edges of your glass and holes in your case,,, this works really well for me.. those tops will be dragging in cool air that will cool your ram and Vram and also chill the warmer air coming from your rad

Archived