Corsair Community

H100i GTX 0 rpm fan

nicomanya

All fans are working fine, but it shows 0 rpm on corsair link and cpu is overheating. I checked that the cable coming off the pump was connected to the cpu fan and also changed all the fan settings on my bios to full speed, also tried with manual but nothing worked.

Assuming your pump is plugged in to the CPU Fan header, what RPM is that showing in the BIOS? That should be about 1/2 of your pump RPM.

But ... based on what you are saying, it sounds like the pump is going bad.

The pump is at 3210 rpm and it says that the h100igtx temp is at 54 C

Umm ... let's make sure we have some clarity. What says 0 RPM? The fans?

Where are they plugged in? To the cooler? Can you see them spinning?

Also, can you feel the hoses coming off of the cooler. Does it feel warm? Is one noticeably warmer than the other?

And that cooler temp is quite high ... we need to determine why.

Umm ... let's make sure we have some clarity. What says 0 RPM? The fans?

Where are they plugged in? To the cooler? Can you see them spinning?

Also, can you feel the hoses coming off of the cooler. Does it feel warm? Is one noticeably warmer than the other?

And that cooler temp is quite high ... we need to determine why.

I pluged the cable coming off the pump to the cpu_fan and the one coming off the radiator to cpu_opt.

The hose on the right is warmer than the other.

https://i.gyazo.com/03bfee4e9db337d44f23e55693f53991.png

OK, your fans are showing 0. It sounded, at first, like it was the pump.

Now ... what cable coming off of the radiator??

You have 2 fans that should be on the radiator, with two cables (1 for each fan). They should be plugged in to the fan header that's coming off of the pump. See this video (

) @ about 1:38 - 1:45.

Can you look at the fans and see, visually, if they are spinning?

OK, your fans are showing 0. It sounded, at first, like it was the pump.

Now ... what cable coming off of the radiator??

You have 2 fans that should be on the radiator, with two cables (1 for each fan). They should be plugged in to the fan header that's coming off of the pump. See this video (

) @ about 1:38 - 1:45.

Can you look at the fans and see, visually, if they are spinning?

They are both spinning.

I have the 4 pin cable pluged to the cpu fan, and a 3 pin to the cpu opt, i think thats the problem.

But i dont understand why de cpu temps are so high when every fan is spinning. Im sitting at 90C with 25% load.

It doesn't sound like you have the cables set up correctly.

You should have one header from the cooler plugged into the motherboard. The fans should be plugged into the fan headers coming off of the cooler - see the video.

CPU_OPT, on most motherboards, simply duplicates the CPU_FAN header. It's irrelevant for you.

If your fans aren't plugged in to the fan lead coming off of the pump - and it doesn't sound like they are - that will give you the 0 RPM reading. A picture of the setup would help also.

You've already said that the fan header is set to 100%. And while having the fans plugged into the motherboard instead of the cooler will give a 0 RPM reading in Link, if those fans are turning and the pump was working correctly, there's no way that you should be seeing the temperatures that you are seeing. I do think it's time for an RMA.

It doesn't sound like you have the cables set up correctly.

You should have one header from the cooler plugged into the motherboard. The fans should be plugged into the fan headers coming off of the cooler - see the video.

CPU_OPT, on most motherboards, simply duplicates the CPU_FAN header. It's irrelevant for you.

If your fans aren't plugged in to the fan lead coming off of the pump - and it doesn't sound like they are - that will give you the 0 RPM reading. A picture of the setup would help also.

You've already said that the fan header is set to 100%. And while having the fans plugged into the motherboard instead of the cooler will give a 0 RPM reading in Link, if those fans are turning and the pump was working correctly, there's no way that you should be seeing the temperatures that you are seeing. I do think it's time for an RMA.

Yeah, I just saw the video and i didnt plug them into the fan headers from the cooler. I'll switch that up, but i doubt that it will fix anything. i'll have to replace it.

Thank you so much for your help!

Archived