Corsair Community

CUE v2.19.65 is now Live!

Corsair James

Again and again... When do you fix this fu cking bug ???!! How long time we will wait ?

10 years ? You seem to don't give a s.hit for this issue.

When we wake up from HybridBoot or when we reset my computer, sometimes, mouse doesn't respond or we have to start again CUE software.

ASUS A x99 3.1 Win 10

My problem may be caused by some corruption of the program/settings during either the Fall Update or the latest CUE update (done from within the program).

It's early days, but an uninstall and reinstall of CUE seems to have fixed it.

No I was wrong. Seems it can switch from the lighting profile onboard to the default, but it cannot then switch to any other profile, either automatically or manually, until CUE is quit and restarted :(:

• 2 weeks later...

New problem in this version I did not realize before, I used to be able to set a timer bound to a button that triggers onpress and repeats once, and effects some lighting that has its rocker switch off normally, but would activate on press.

I used to be able to copy that effect to the lighting library and then onto another device, again with the rocker off.

Then the timer/button on the k95 would effect the lighting profile on another device like the Polaris. This no longer works and I am almost certain it worked in previous versions.

The import function doesn't work for me. Nothing happens at all when I click import button. And when I'm browsing for profiles I can only choose my RGB Mousepad in the "RGB SHARE" menu. Shouldn't there be an option for my mouse as well? I can download profiles on my mac which uses beta software...

New problem in this version I did not realize before, I used to be able to set a timer bound to a button that triggers onpress and repeats once, and effects some lighting that has its rocker switch off normally, but would activate on press.

I used to be able to copy that effect to the lighting library and then onto another device, again with the rocker off.

Then the timer/button on the k95 would effect the lighting profile on another device like the Polaris. This no longer works and I am almost certain it worked in previous versions.

I also checked and the profile and the actions library and the calling effect all have the same long hex <ID>{xxxx-xxx...}</id> so i would think this should be working across multiple devices. Execution hints are the same as well.

EDIT: While this is not how I used to do it, I replaced this method with profile switching while pressed and I get the desired effects and the added benefit of opening up extra macro keys etc, but it wasn't really a rabbit hole I was too excited about, but I bit the bullet and while the feature could probably be fixed, I almost recommend folks go with the profile switching option, it works great across all CUE devices and the benefit of opening the extra macro keys is a big deal.

Either the new Cue version or Win 10 creators update seems to break the mouse move event for me; it seems that the Absolute coordinates no longer work properly. .... Even in the xml, the x and y values match up to those provided to cue 2 beta, but the x position seems to be offset from the secondary monitor...monitors are 1920 wide so if the x pos was 1776 it is at location <x>3696</x> when listed as <x>1776</x>

So for anyone else having issues with absolute coordinates in this version or with fall creators update, for me, i was able to divide in half the x offset and get the desired results. Y axis still is 1:1 for some reason. Not really a fix, but it works:idea:

I found the creators update to be quite glitchy on a number of fronts with my high end desktop rig but no issues with my Surfacebook or the new rig I just built for my Wife. It seems that some of the older Mobos may have some conflicts with the Creators edition (mine is a Rampage IV Blk).

Anyway, I reinstalled Win 10 ver 1607 and tweaked the registry so I will not get any Win 10 updates until I choose to and now all is well and my blazing speed is back.

I am sitting here thinking that I do NOT want to put CUE back in. I am using a Corsair RGB Plat (6 G keys) as well as a Corsair RGB mouse pad and a new Glaive RGB mouse. I like this keyboard but without CUE it just lights up an annoying red. Is there not a way to just install one or if possible 2 or 3 lighting modes without installing what seems to be a buggy and resource hog software? All I want to do is set a simple lighting mode for all three Corsair devices and then let them run that way. If I can install CUE and set my keyboard and mouse up then shut it off and not let it start again I will keep using and buying these devices for the computers I build and if not I will have to switch. I love my Corsair memory, fans, keyboards and mice Etc, but I have not been and I still am not impressed by the software. Anything more than 1% load for device control software is nuts, especially if it is seemingly buggy for some of us.

Corsair, I am going to visit you at CES, hopefully someone will have an answer.

5-10% is WAY TOO MUCH cpu usage for CUE. Please DON'T do that!!!

5-10% is NOT "next to nothing"!

CUE is a background process and there are more important foreground applications running that need every available CPU cycle!

In my use case, I'm using CUE when I'm performing music and VJing to control the music and visuals (using my K95 instead of a Launchpad), so I have VERY CPU-heavy processes running, the music DSP processing is CPU heavy (about 75% on i7), as well as the Webcam-Stream MJPEG to RGB24 conversion (about 12%, multiple HD webcams from different angles), then the visual effects (GPU and CPU heavy) and the recording of the performance visuals to video with OBS (the rest of the CPU).

PLEASE KEEP THE CUE CPUv2 USAGE AT <1% (like in CUEv1)!

There is NO REASON to increase it, PLEASE!

CUE should be a background process that's not disrupting normal operation!

CUE should not waste any resources but be as lean and efficient as possible!

^^^^ This ^^^^

CUE should be minimising cpu cycles consumed, not accepting of any fixed percentage & certainly nowhere near a ludicrous 5%. That the CUE product manager is dismissing such consumption is terrifying in the context of CUE's future as it suggests gross incompetence.

I don't say this lightly. We're talking Boris Johnson incompetent. I have an MA in Math & have been coding for 35 years from desktop apps in C to ARM assembly on systems with very limited resources. I'm far from any kind of expert but I do have a clue & the ability to reason. Corsair, you now have me seriously worried about the future of CUE in your current hands.

I found the creators update to be quite glitchy on a number of fronts with my high end desktop rig but no issues with my Surfacebook or the new rig I just built for my Wife. It seems that some of the older Mobos may have some conflicts with the Creators edition (mine is a Rampage IV Blk).

Anyway, I reinstalled Win 10 ver 1607 and tweaked the registry so I will not get any Win 10 updates until I choose to and now all is well and my blazing speed is back.

I am sitting here thinking that I do NOT want to put CUE back in. I am using a Corsair RGB Plat (6 G keys) as well as a Corsair RGB mouse pad and a new Glaive RGB mouse. I like this keyboard but without CUE it just lights up an annoying red. Is there not a way to just install one or if possible 2 or 3 lighting modes without installing what seems to be a buggy and resource hog software? All I want to do is set a simple lighting mode for all three Corsair devices and then let them run that way. If I can install CUE and set my keyboard and mouse up then shut it off and not let it start again I will keep using and buying these devices for the computers I build and if not I will have to switch. I love my Corsair memory, fans, keyboards and mice Etc, but I have not been and I still am not impressed by the software. Anything more than 1% load for device control software is nuts, especially if it is seemingly buggy for some of us.

Corsair, I am going to visit you at CES, hopefully someone will have an answer.

The K95 platinum has 3 on board profiles that will allow you cycle through 3 options without Link. You will need to install Link to create and save the desired profiles to the device (HW1, HW2, HW3). Then either uninstall Link or perhaps set it not to run on start-up. The Glaive can also hold its settings without CUE. However the flaw in this plan may be the MM800. I do not think it can hold a profile and it will be in permanent rainbow mode without CUE directions.

Really bad software, it's creates GPU Spikes for me in Games, I run now a static color profile which is saved on the onboard memory.

Why does it even use my GPU? Ok CPU usage 0.9-2% I get it, but why GPU??? (On the other hand I find RAM usage also to high. I have 16GB but still)

Look in the tray right.

unbenanntsvukg.png

I also saw a comment here on Page 1 or 2, which a Corsair Developer? said "5-10% CPU Usage is nothing" Are you literally insane? I play BF1 and I need every CPU Power I get, even though I have a i7-4770k @ 4,4. And on top I like to keep my System clean and disable anything "useless" in the background.

I like this keyboard but without CUE it just lights up an annoying red. Is there not a way to just install one or if possible 2 or 3 lighting modes without installing what seems to be a buggy and resource hog software?

If your devices supports hardware profiles you could install CUE make three hardware profiles save them to the device and then uninstall CUE or just shut it down. You can switch between the profiles with the mode select key on the keyboard.

Not sure what the issue is with resources for you , I'm looking at mine right now and it's 0.4% 188.2MB.

Yes it can be buggy but it's also pretty powerful software and people can do a lot of things to break it because of the freedom and power it allows for making complex lighting profiles. Just saying.

I just picked up a Strafe RGB w/ MX Silent so I don't know if this issue has been in the driver for a while or newly introduced. Here are the steps to reproduce it:

1) Start CUE

2) Click the '+' button to create profile

3) Click on the 'Performance' tab

4) Look at 'Lock indicator colors'. For 'On' you should see turquoise. For 'Off' you should see red.

5) Verify by pushing the lock indicator button on the keyboard that the color is red when it is off and turquoise when it is on.

6) In CUE, click the 'On' box to pick a new color.

7) Select a different color other than the default.

8) Click on the profile name in the upper left of CUE, then click the save icon to save settings to the keyboard.

9) Right click the CUE icon in taskbar and select 'Quit'.

The lock indicator should immediately switch to a different color other than red. If you press the lock indicator to turn it on, it should correctly switch to the color you set it to in CUE. It's just the off position that's broken.

I am running 2.20.72.

When is Corsair going to fix the CUE not switching problem? By that I mean when a profile is linked to a specific program it is supposed to switch to that profile when that program starts. Hasn't worked since the FCU and I've checked and tried everything, even put in a ticket which was useless.

• 2 weeks later...

I currently do not have CUE installed.. last time I had it would crash (PC would freeze and had to hard reset).. I had to copy the files over to work with my Corsair stuff. Then trying to UNINSTALL it would do the same thing.

Is CUE still causing this in various builds? Has anyone ever figured out what could be causing this?

I have a suggestion for the CUE software...any way to put a shortcut to profiles under the CUE icon in the taskbar? I know there are massive differences between CUE and LINK, but under LINK you can switch profiles by right mouse clicking in the taskbar and changing profiles to something else. Any way in the future to do the same in CUE?

Does anyone have a safe place to download the old software?

Unbelievable, I reinstalled Windows 10 and reinstalled CUE. The software is completely broken for me.

CUE claims my keyboard has a malfunction. Most of the time CUE shows me offers of demos for products I don't own.

I figure reverting will fix the issue, I'm not sure about the version numbers?

*EDIT* I simply downgraded to the version in this thread and everything works fine again, I guess it's just a really bad update.

Archived