Corsair Community

Cue causing random profile switches and video buffer with Bliz games [video below]

Xoltama

For some reason since 3/17/2017 when I have CUE enabled my K70 RGB seems to be randomly displaying random profile lighting and causing YouTube videos playing in the background to buffer, for some reason it only does this when I play games from Blizzard (Overwatch specifically).

Video: https://vid.me/gwGw

Skip until there's 1:14 minutes left in the video and watch from there.

Keep in mind when this is happening I'm watching a YouTube video in the background and it causes it to buffer. I have it set to a standard rainbow wave pattern for reference.

Things I've tried to fix this

Uninstalled and reinstalled QUE

Uninstalled my antivirus software and reinstalled it

Updated keyboard firmware

Upgraded to CUE 2

Downgraded to CUE 1

RMA'd my keyboard

Disabled SDK

So far the only thing that fixes this issue is using the Keyboard with CUE disabled.

have you tried clean windows install? And if your vids are buffering during gaming it might point to a network or CPU bottleneck.

No a clean install is the only thing I haven't tried as of yet, wanted to see if I could find a possible solution before it got to that point. These problems did start to occur after a day or two after a Windows update.

it might point to a network or CPU bottleneck.

I don't think it's a bottleneck since this started happening randomly all of a sudden. Is there a way to check to see if it's pointing to a network?

Edit: Also just to emphasize this has only been happening when I play a game made from Blizzard. I've played CSGO and other Steam games and haven't had any of these problems.

Since the date is specific, Did you make any changes to your computer? e.g. installed new software, updated CUE, etc. If so, try reverting those changes and see whether that makes any differences.

Have you made sure your USB chipset drivers are up to date, Latest BIOS, tried a different USB port, etc?

Since the date is specific, Did you make any changes to your computer? e.g. installed new software, updated CUE, etc. If so, try reverting those changes and see whether that makes any differences.

Have you made sure your USB chipset drivers are up to date, Latest BIOS, tried a different USB port, etc?

Just updated chipset drivers and it didn't do anything. I said it above, but these issues started happening after a Windows update. I know logically it would make sense point the problems towards the update but I've been using the computer for a day or two since the update without playing Overwatch so i'm not sure if the update is the cause since there were a few hours between general computer usage and Overwatch time.

I also changed the USB from 3.0 ports to 2.0 ports and the problem still persists, even did a DNS flush and contacted Blizzard support since it only happens with their games. Unfortunately it didn't fix it.

Seems like i'm gonna have to do a Windows refresh, if that doesn't work i'm just gonna have to do a Windows restore unfortunately :(. Hopefully that works.

Archived