Corsair Community

Import profiles from V1.16 into the new CUE

kneighbour

I have been using V1.16.42 of the Corsair Utility, with mixed success. The main problem with this version has been the inability to update the keyboard firmware. Otherwise my keyboard seems to be working fine.

I just updated the Utility to 4.3.0.154 of the new CUE software and if anything, it seems to be even worse. After an hour or so of stuffing around, including downloading the latest BIN firmware, eventually updated the firmware.

But the new CUE software does not read my existing profiles, so I needed to import them in from the old *.prf files. This only partially works - all the saved profiles come in, but what actually gets restored is unclear. Some key commands seem to come in, as do some colours - but a lot is left out.

I eventually had to go back to the old version as the new CUE seems hopeless.

I was wondering if there is something I am missing. Is there some trick to importing the older format profiles?

I have been using V1.16.42 of the Corsair Utility, with mixed success. The main problem with this version has been the inability to update the keyboard firmware. Otherwise my keyboard seems to be working fine.

I just updated the Utility to 4.3.0.154 of the new CUE software and if anything, it seems to be even worse. After an hour or so of stuffing around, including downloading the latest BIN firmware, eventually updated the firmware.

But the new CUE software does not read my existing profiles, so I needed to import them in from the old *.prf files. This only partially works - all the saved profiles come in, but what actually gets restored is unclear. Some key commands seem to come in, as do some colours - but a lot is left out.

I eventually had to go back to the old version as the new CUE seems hopeless.

I was wondering if there is something I am missing. Is there some trick to importing the older format profiles?

Think of CUE 1 and CUE 2 as separate things, so the creators such as me and Lewis have to go and fix our profiles manually, Lewis finished his but i have about 100 to go. Also be sure to be in advanced mode.

Think of CUE 1 and CUE 2 as separate things, so the creators such as me and Lewis have to go and fix our profiles manually, Lewis finished his but i have about 100 to go. Also be sure to be in advanced mode.

Well, there is an import function, so at least they have given the idea of importing from CUE 1 some thought. It just does not work well enough to use. But it is good to hear that it is not me.

I am a software developer myself - the whole reason I bought the Corsair keyboard in the first place. The macro keys are really useful in my profession.

I have been buying Corsair power supplies for years, but this the first (and last) keyboard I am going to buy from them. Truly awful software, although the keyboard itself is fairly good. Probably not worth the huge amount of money I paid for it here in Australia ($350 or so, I seem to recall). It is very frustrating.

Archived