Corsair Community

K65 Rgb stopped working?

chaos2x0

So yesterday, I turned on my computer to find out that my keyboard stopped working. It is a K65 RGB refurbished. I tried uninstalling CUE software and reinstalling and nothing. My PC wouldn't even recognize the keyboard. The lights would would still be on but keys wouldn't register. The lights would cycle through the different lighting profiles that I set onto the keyboard . I sent out a ticket but the goof that I am, I misplaced the receipt. So any help would be appreciated.

AFAIK refurbished products have a spacial warranty, but losing the receipt is not ideal. Don't you have a digital one on your email?

Try different USB ports (both 2x2.0 and 1x3.0), on different PCs, in combination with the BIOS switch on different positions. Also check if your motherboard's BIOS sees button presses.

There is also a way to get it into "recovery" mode. Unplug it, press and hold Esc, then plug it back in. By doing this it's not supposed to send input to the PC (not 100% sure on this, and I can't check on my K95 RGB, I'm at work), but it may cause Windows and CUE to see it. Then you'll be able to force-update its firmware.

Archived