Corsair Community

CL stops polling stats -Solved!

Hurn

Does this sound familiar?

Initial install of Windows, install CL software, all temps/speeds poll normally.

Start installing stuff, and polling stops - get 1 to 2 polls, then stops, have to exit CL software, use SIV64x to reset the CL hardware (Commander mini with 1.1.6 firmware), then re-launch CL software, and get maybe 1 or 2 polls, then it stops again. Situation applied to Windows 7, 8, 10 (all x64).

Solution: Physically moved the USB connector for a Cyberpower UPS to a different UBS port (so it's not on the same controller/hub as the CL device).

Please add to FAQ / support knowledge base - this drove me nuts for well over a year, never figured it out until now. If this info is already in the forum, apologies for the duplication - I never found it.

Yes, siv64x > USB > Link Devices > Restart would (temporarily) restart the device.

Primary symptom was the "Channel ID". It would show as

05 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 when all was well

0F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 when not working

Clicking restart would flip the ID from 0F to 05 for a short amount of time, then it would fail back.

0F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 when not working

Thank you, that is almost what I was expecting. I was expecting 1F rather than 0F, so I guess you must have used a rather old version of SIV. I also suspect the Corsair Integrated USB Bridge had an I/O Error 31 on [uSB Bus].

I recommend you update to the SIV 5.12 Beta as this is needed to correctly interlock with all CL4 releases, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=863330.

Archived