Corsair Community

Problems with New LED Vengenance

HonorBound

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just tried my RAM-sticks in my friends ASrock Fatal1ty X99 board. Same as before 16GB out of 32GB showing up in BIOS and Windows. All LED working this time on all sticks. CPU-Z is is detecting all sticks. BIOS is not.

2 sticks somehow got fried.

Update: Two sticks have now died and the third of the four was just starting to do the slow pulse LED light spiral of death. Since it is within the return window for Newegg, Corsair has instructed me to go that route. Fortunately for me, I have a few spare sticks I can install until I receive the new kit. I am really hoping that is all it is and the new ones are better.

Update: Two sticks have now died and the third of the four was just starting to do the slow pulse LED light spiral of death. Since it is within the return window for Newegg, Corsair has instructed me to go that route. Fortunately for me, I have a few spare sticks I can install until I receive the new kit. I am really hoping that is all it is and the new ones are better.

I stoped using rest of these ram and waitting for corsair investigation

yeah goodluck with that wait...they will probably never get back to us.

Possibly true ....

I spoke to Corsair tech support last week and was told that they are unaware of any issues with the RAM. His continued response was that "Well there are bound to be a few bad sticks in every product line they have". I also asked if he (they) were aware of all of the posts on the forums regarding the issues with this RAM. His response was that "people will only post about negative experiences and not positive ones"

I am not very hopeful that any issues will be resolved any time soon.....

It is with great sadness to say ....3 sticks have now died, running on 8gb of RAM here...pretty sad. :[pouts:

You haven't RMA'd those yet? I am having to RMA 2 kits, 1 kit has a dead stick and the other, has a slow LED and if that stick is in, the XMP sets timings to 15-23-24-65.... I can't catch a break with this build....

Asus RVE10 had a dead lan port, returned for exchange to Newegg, out of stock.... who knows when I will see one now although they refunded me so I can try a different board if it is taking to long...

2 bad memory kits and the worst part is, two 4x8gb kits played nicely together so who knows if the replacements will work together or not...... With my luck, I am going to say no and it's anyone's guess if those LEDs will work properly....lol

EVGA has a hardware issue with their 1080 FTWs going black screen and fans spooling to 100% and you guessed it, I have 2 of them although, I haven't had that problem with mine so hopefully, I missed that batch....

My first Intel 6850k was DOA if you can believe it, Sound Blaster Zx defective right channel....

As you can imagine, I am very frustrated right now... haven't had this much trouble ever and I have put more rigs together than I can count starting with my first in 1998. :mad:

UPDATE: Also a bit of a heads up to anyone on the east coast who may be experiencing issues with the Vengeance LED and NewEgg RMA. All RMA's get sent back to CA for Newegg. Doesn't matter where you received your package from ( for me, most items come out of Edison, NJ ) so expect your RMA to take at least 2 weeks turnaround. It took a week to get out to the west coast using the provided NewEgg RMA tag. I could have sent it express myself, by I don't think it is acceptable for a company to require me to pay to ship a defective product back.

Corsair does have an option of giving them a CC where they will ship you a replacement and give you time to send the defective kit back. They will charge your card if you fail to ship the RMA back, but would definately be a much quicker way to possibly resolve our issues.

I hope.....the next kit I receive works as advertised. I can not see me, or anyone else having to go through constant RMAs with WEEKS as a turn around. I do not think that is a proper way this should be handled, but that is how it is set up so....

If this kit does not work properly, then I will go with a different manufacturer. So far, I am thoroughly un impressed with the way the situation has been handled and how long it has taken. I buy a lot of corsair products and this has certainly left a bad taste. It should not matter if you (Corsair) believe it is only a small amount of people who are having these issues. ALL problems need to be resolved with equal importance.

Last update:

NewEgg has now decided they are refunding the purchase price of the 32gb Vengeance LED kit. No explanation as to why but I did notice that it now says they are out of stock. It caps off a very bad experience all around. I will not be buying any other corsair products if only for the fact that if it is defective or breaks, I will have to go through this awful experience again.

Good luck to everyone else who is having issues with this product. I do hope it all gets resolved.

Last update:

NewEgg has now decided they are refunding the purchase price of the 32gb Vengeance LED kit. No explanation as to why but I did notice that it now says they are out of stock. It caps off a very bad experience all around. I will not be buying any other corsair products if only for the fact that if it is defective or breaks, I will have to go through this awful experience again.

Good luck to everyone else who is having issues with this product. I do hope it all gets resolved.

That is Newegg's policy, if an item is not in stock they refund you. This just happened to me with my Asus RVE10 that had a replacement only policy for returns. Sent it back due to a dead lan port and since they were out of stock, they simply refunded me.

Could be a coincidence or pulled from stock by Corsair. No way to know for sure but I am having to send 2 kits in for RMA, not happy about it either :mad:

I live in Sweden and bought my kit through a German retailer because no one in Sweden had them in stock. I started my RMA and shipped the kit back August 22nd, got a reply a week later that they had received my package and that they would forward my claim to the manufacturer or service partner? This could take about 15-20 working days according to the email I got. Got a new email today saying that my RMA is still in process. :(

What I don´t understand is that when I asked Corsair Support about how to handle this RMA, I was asked to contact the vendor because it was within a 30-day time period since I bought it. What is the point if the vendor then forwards the kit to Corsair or a Service partner? Seems ineffective to me. Never had this delay with Swedish retailers, maybe it´s just different in other European countries.

Well sorry for going slightly off-topic. I have a spare HyperX kit I´m using while waiting. I´m just not very confident that the new kit I will receive is going to hold up... :(

I live in Sweden and bought my kit through a German retailer because no one in Sweden had them in stock. I started my RMA and shipped the kit back August 22nd, got a reply a week later that they had received my package and that they would forward my claim to the manufacturer or service partner? This could take about 15-20 working days according to the email I got. Got a new email today saying that my RMA is still in process. :(

What I don´t understand is that when I asked Corsair Support about how to handle this RMA, I was asked to contact the vendor because it was within a 30-day time period since I bought it. What is the point if the vendor then forwards the kit to Corsair or a Service partner? Seems ineffective to me. Never had this delay with Swedish retailers, maybe it´s just different in other European countries.

Well sorry for going slightly off-topic. I have a spare HyperX kit I´m using while waiting. I´m just not very confident that the new kit I will receive is going to hold up... :(

Hahah same here, Sweden, did you buy your sticks from Proshop? they are a mess....

Hahah same here, Sweden, did you buy your sticks from Proshop? they are a mess....

Nope, I bought mine from a German retailer called jacob.de. Hopefully I'll get my new kit within a week or two. It would be nice if Corsair could update us with some results or reasons for this problem...

• Corsair Employee

We have received a small number of customer reports of Vengeance LED modules that fail to boot on the X99 platform after a few weeks of use. The engineering team was able to replicate the issue (thanks to you all for providing system spec), isolated to a small batch of Vengeance LED White and Red that were released earlier. If you are not experiencing this issue then it is likely that your RAM is not one of the few that are affected. Please contact our RMA support if you do have X99 no boot issue, we will expedite your replacement at our cost. We apologize for the inconvenience.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp

We have received a small number of customer reports of Vengeance LED modules that fail to boot on the X99 platform after a few weeks of use. The engineering team was able to replicate the issue (thanks to you all for providing system spec), isolated to a small batch of Vengeance LED White and Red that were released earlier. If you are not experiencing this issue then it is likely that your RAM is not one of the few that are affected. Please contact our RMA support if you do have X99 no boot issue, we will expedite your replacement at our cost. We apologize for the inconvenience.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp

Glad to help

Do I need to send back my faulty RAM?

I cannot have downtime on my PC right now because of work.

Express Replacement is not available on the RMA options.

My retailer (Proshop.se) have not gotten my RAM re-stocked for about almost 2 months now, I've been hoping for a fix until the RAM gets restocked at my retailer. This is the reason I've not made an RMA yet.

But now I know there is no fix, and that's totally okey, but how should I proceed?

Glad to help

Do I need to send back my faulty RAM?

I cannot have downtime on my PC right now because of work.

Express Replacement is not available on the RMA options.

My retailer (Proshop.se) have not gotten my RAM re-stocked for about almost 2 months now, I've been hoping for a fix until the RAM gets restocked at my retailer. This is the reason I've not made an RMA yet.

But now I know there is no fix, and that's totally okey, but how should I proceed?

They don't have any in stock, I tried again today to get mine replaced via Express RMA and was told ETA has been pushed back 6-days. Disappointing...

Have the defective sticks been pulled from store shelves? I was just about to order 6 sticks of the 16GB white from Newegg for an X99 build I'm putting together... I really don't want to buy these if there is a high possibility they may fail within a week or two...

• Corsair Employee
Have the defective sticks been pulled from store shelves? I was just about to order 6 sticks of the 16GB white from Newegg for an X99 build I'm putting together... I really don't want to buy these if there is a high possibility they may fail within a week or two...

Hi Josh,

should be fine. thx

• 2 weeks later...
I am in the same boat as many of you. My first two kits of the white Vengeance LED were faulty or died on me within a few weeks. I ordered mine through Amazon and got replacements sent out. After having had the second kit go bad - one module was flaky - I asked for a refund. I am not sure if I want to give Corsair another go or just try a different brand...

• Corsair Employee
I am in the same boat as many of you. My first two kits of the white Vengeance LED were faulty or died on me within a few weeks. I ordered mine through Amazon and got replacements sent out. After having had the second kit go bad - one module was flaky - I asked for a refund. I am not sure if I want to give Corsair another go or just try a different brand...

Completely understand your situation and sorry for the inconvenience. The issue has been addressed, and current shipping Vengeance LED kits are free of this issue. You can create a support ticket on Corsair.com to have your memory replaced. Thank you.

Archived