Corsair Community

Problems with New LED Vengenance

HonorBound

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having the same issue as many others with the Vengeance LED DDR 4 RAM. According to what I was told when I put in a ticket about the issue, is that they are working on a SOFTWARE fix. I am assuming by that he meant they are working on integrating the LED control into Corsair link or CUE.

I know that it doesn't help us out right now, but hopefully their fix will be soon(™)

I'm also having the same issue on a 4x8 kit. After a week 1 stick died and then a second shortly after after reseating them. 2 of the original sticks still work. Currently starting the RMA process.

ASUS STRIX X99

EVGA G2 850w

I hope we can, at least, get a little bit of reassurance from someone at Corsair that these issues are being looked in to. And will be resolved SOON. Otherwise, instead of buying another 32gb set like I was originally planning, I will have to replace what I have already bought. Up to this point it is very disappointing....

I can tell you from just letting my PC run for several weeks now that the problem isnt really a problem

It seems that if you let the ram LED's run long enough they will start to work again

Mine went dim for a whole day and then fired back up again

I am sure it's just the Paulsing programing on the chip

And am also sure Corsair will come out with a software soon that allows you to change the pulse

Also it's much better that the alternative that Ballistic is going to be coming out with soon

Just give Corsair time and it will be worth it

regards Rick

I can tell you from just letting my PC run for several weeks now that the problem isnt really a problem

It seems that if you let the ram LED's run long enough they will start to work again

Mine went dim for a whole day and then fired back up again

I am sure it's just the Paulsing programing on the chip

And am also sure Corsair will come out with a software soon that allows you to change the pulse

Also it's much better that the alternative that Ballistic is going to be coming out with soon

Just give Corsair time and it will be worth it

regards Rick

Just to clarify, was it only the LED´s on the stick that stopped working or

the actual memory?

Just to clarify, was it only the LED´s on the stick that stopped working or

the actual memory?

people need to realize the pulsating LED lights is random and dependent on voltage - my stick died and LED still works as indicated like new.

I have no issues with the RAMs performance. Just the LEDs functionality. Now 3 of the 4 sticks in my quad channel kit are doing the slow pulse....it isn't a huge deal to most, but when you specifically buy a product because of a feature, you would hope they work as they should.

Hi BonorBound, babovand, Qqu, supertt, and Oggela

We apologize for the trouble you have with your RAM, we are currently investigating the cause of no boot on these motherboards. Can you let me the BIOS revision of your board?

Thank you.

Bios on my Rampage Ed.10, is 0901 however, I solved my boot issues by manually setting my dram voltage to 1.35, the XMP was setting it at 1.5v. The remaining issue is the slow pulsing of the LEDs that randomly affects my ram modules. Any update on when the lighting mode software will be available?

We apologize for the trouble you have with your RAM, we are currently investigating the cause of no boot on these motherboards. Can you let me the BIOS revision of your board?

Thank you.

Hi!

Ausu X99-DELUXE II

BIOS Version 0801

Motherboard Revision 1.02

Two of my four sticks is dead, was pulsating slowly before death. But the LED is still on, sometimes, also for a time they showed up in CPU-z but not in BIOS or memtest, The rest of the two is working just fine with XMP-enabled, going strong. I was waiting for a response here before RMA because

the part is not available for selection in the RMA " Select Part Number " menu.

I've tested each stick individually in slot D1 which according to manual is the default setup for one stick RAM-stick setup for my motherboard.

Two of the sticks gets Q-CODE 53 "Memory init error"

This is my kit.

CMU32GX4M4C3400C16

Its a 4x8GB kit.

regards

Thank you.

There are a few more of us, some with X99 strix boards mr pearl. My BIOS is 0801 , and have flashbacked all the way to the original bios with no boot as you said.

Thank you.

My BIOS was 0801, tried flashing back to 0601 without any luck. 2 dead sticks with the CMU32GX4M4A2666C16 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 kit.

Thank you.

Hello,

Asus Strix X99 Gaming, board revision 1.00 and BIOS version 0801

• Corsair Employee
Thank you all for the help. I realized I missed a few of you mentioned about this issue in the earlier post, please forgive me. I will pass BIOS information to our team, this will assist them in narrowing down trouble platforms. Vengeance LED uses premium components and goes through the same QC process as other product lines, so it is very likely that no boot is caused by certain hardware combination. I am confident that we will be able to replicate issue and provide solution shortly.

Thank you all for the help. I realized I missed a few of you mentioned about this issue in the earlier post, please forgive me. I will pass BIOS information to our team, this will assist them in narrowing down trouble platforms. Vengeance LED uses premium components and goes through the same QC process as other product lines, so it is very likely that no boot is caused by certain hardware combination. I am confident that we will be able to replicate issue and provide solution shortly.

If you need any assisting on the root cause of the failures, please let me know I am willing to help. I will be seriously bummed if I can't use the LED sticks with my motherboard. It really makes my system give it that cherry on top!

Thank you.

Hi Black Pearl

Firstly, I was using gigabyte GA-X99-Phoenix SLI*(rev.*1.0) BIOS at F4, when my sencond stick died. I replaced mobo to GA-X99-Designare EX (rev. 1.0) BIOS at F3. unfortunately thrid stick died too in one week later.

Archived