Corsair Community

Problems with New LED Vengenance

HonorBound

Hi All,

Recently bought the 32gb White Vengeance LEDs as well. After about a month of use I just found out yesterday 16gbs are being used. I tried booting from each stick and found out two were defective :( Which is odd, because they still light up even though they aren't recognized.

Found this forum and wanted to share my experience. I feel somewhat better that I'm not alone. My warranty ended from Amazon, I hope Corsair will accept my ticket.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried booting from each stick and found out two were defective :( Which is odd, because they still light up even though they aren't recognized.

Not really as the LEDS seem to be controlled by a different SMBus device to the DIMM SPD device. If you look at the [sMB Bus] screens in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=874699 you will see the SPD is at 0x50 + 0x54 and the LEDs at 0x58 + 0x5C.

Request an RMA via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp

Ok, here we go again.

I received my replacement kit from my vendor (which took over a month to get) and I have been using it for about two weeks now. Today one of the sticks stopped working, it won´t show up in bios or windows. Tried it in different slots but it won´t post in any of them. I opened up a support ticket and I am waiting for a response.

Maybe I was unlucky and received a kit from the faulty batches? (The serial number on the stick is lower comparing to my previous kit.) I don´t think it´s the MB as I´ve been using a Kingston HyperX kit as backup when I waited for the replacement kit, it has worked perfectly.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Most of you RMA'd for no reason. it was a bug with corsair link. The newest update fixed this. I noticed that when I would run it to look at my h110i thats when my ram would turn off. But if i shut the service down, put my computer to sleep, woke it back up. my sticks would be lit.

Archived