Corsair Community

600T Fan Controller Cabling question

Baggotry

Hello,

So I am confused about what to do with the fan controller cables. I seem to have 4 connectors for case fans --> controller, and a molex connector. Inside the case there was also what appears to be some sort of mollex --> 4 pin fan connector.

What exact do I do to hook this all up properly?

I assume I hook the case fans into the 3 pin connectors coming out of the controller, and then the molex into the power supply, but then what is this molex to 4pin holes connector for?

The fan controller is powered by the molex. With that connected, connect the case fans to the fan cables coming from the front panel to use the inbuilt fan controller.

The USB 3.0 can be plugged to a internal USB 3.0 header using an adapter.

The fan controller is powered by the molex. With that connected, connect the case fans to the fan cables coming from the front panel to use the inbuilt fan controller.

The USB 3.0 can be plugged to a internal USB 3.0 header using an adapter.

Thanks, I ended up figuring it out in the end by myself. I guess the weird adapter of molex --> 4pin was added by accident. I didn't use it. It was what confused me.

Find a USB 3 header on your motherboard and plug it in?

My motherboard doesn't have an internal USB header, it just has the pin USB 3 header. I think I'm supposed to snake the cable through to the back IO plate but I am not going to do that so no front 3.0 for me.

Archived