Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.2.2.27 here

Technobeard

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello, so I'm trying to install Corsair Link 4 but when I try to install it I get an error saying that there is a previous version of CL on my system. I have uninstalled it and tried to install CL4 and got the same error. Just in case I messed something up I installed and uninstalled CL3 and got the same error when trying to install v4. I am running Win 10 64-bit. What should I do because CL4 looks amazing. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Hello, so I'm trying to install Corsair Link 4 but when I try to install it I get an error saying that there is a previous version of CL on my system. I have uninstalled it and tried to install CL4 and got the same error. Just in case I messed something up I installed and uninstalled CL3 and got the same error when trying to install v4. I am running Win 10 64-bit. What should I do because CL4 looks amazing. Thank you for your time and assistance.

You will need to install CL3 again .. then go to Programs and Features and look for 3 corsair items ... Corsair Link 3, Corsair USB dongle and Hydro something. I used a free program called IOBIT Uninstaller to so a "powerful scan" that removes any leftover registry and file entries. Once these 3 items are removed you should be able to install CL4.

Warning.. if you use IOBIT Uninstaller .. it will constantly try to install Advanced SystemCare. The Uninstaller has always worked flawlessly for me but Advanced SystemCare has caused more damage then good so I would not use that program unless you are very very sure of what it is removing before you use it.

So after my PC wakes up from sleeping I notice that I get no reading of temperatures in Corsair Link. Everything is frozen in place. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have run into all kinds of issues with CL and Sleep. I ended up creating a custom Windows Task that kills CL4 when the system wakes then relaunches it.

I found that when the program is launched it will set everything properly but when coming out of sleep it will randomly set things properly and other times it will just be default settings.

• Corsair Employee
So after my PC wakes up from sleeping I notice that I get no reading of temperatures in Corsair Link. Everything is frozen in place. Anyone else experiencing this?

I wonder if this is due to the USB Selective Suspend setting. Disable it from the Power options and let us know what happens.

I wonder if this is due to the USB Selective Suspend setting. Disable it from the Power options and let us know what happens.

Why do you only wonder? The CL4 installation guide should specify this, but then again Corsair have still failed to release one and from below you can see I mentioned this a while ago. I further feel CL4 should have a facility to display this information.

1) It needs updating for the CL Mini and other recent hardware.

2) There needs to be a section about interoperability with other programs such as AI Suite, AIDA64, CAM, HWiNFO, SpeedFan, etc.. This has been a known issue for at least 6 months http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=790282.

If you check the Device Parameters you will find SelectiveSuspendEnabled is already disabled as AFAIK CL4 automatically does this.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22619&d=1439790622

Hello.

I'm having a problem with 4.2.2.27

Corsair Link isn't recognizing my H80i, it simply doesn't show up on the device list. Everything else is ok.

Uninstalled everything, installed again, rebooted before first run... Still nothing.

Downgraded to previous version, and now it doesn't show up either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Does it show up in Devices and Printers and/or Device Manager? Does Device Manager report any errors?

No errors reported, nothing named "Corsair" even shows up there.

Devices and printers show an entry named "Integrated USB bridge" in the unspecified devices list.

Devices and printers show an entry named "Integrated USB bridge" in the unspecified devices list.

That is the H80i and it's in the HID section of device manager, but it's name will be USB Input Device so spotting it can be tricky.

Given the H80i is detected by Windows then I would expect CL to report it. Does my SIV utility reports it? If you posted the [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] + [Link Status] panels I could probably tell what is happening. Further if you press [Restart] on [Link Devices] SIV will set the name Device Manager displays to Corsair Integrated USB Bridge.

That is the H80i and it's in the HID section of device manager, but it's name will be USB Input Device so spotting it can be tricky.

Given the H80i is detected by Windows then I would expect CL to report it. Does my SIV utility reports it? If you posted the [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] + [Link Status] panels I could probably tell what is happening. Further if you press [Restart] on [Link Devices] SIV will set the name Device Manager displays to Corsair Integrated USB Bridge.

Opened SIV and the panels where as follows:

1652534724_1-USBBus.thumb.jpg.90281ddf1df527c044482167ef9668b1.jpg

1404117761_2-LinkDevices.thumb.jpg.0d40a7fb5e18db49f8c8128c61adeabf.jpg

1402385681_3-LinkStatus.thumb.jpg.522f6ef8168a9ebde637ecc40cd1a5c6.jpg

After saving the pictures I pressed Restart, it corrected the dsplay name.

After rebooting started Corsair Link and still no H80i on the device list.

Devices and printers show the correct name, Device Manager shows no errors and corrected HID device name.

Any ideas on what to do next? :[pouts:

Powering off didn't produce any results.

Upon uninstall and restart attempted to install v3.2.5742

All sensors detected immediately except my H80i.

On devices list of the app, before trying to correct again with SIV, it showed Corsair Hydro USB v0.0.1

After restart with SIV this entry dissapeared. After reboot it showed up again.

All connections double-checked and are all ok.

Could it be a firmware problem?

If so, is there anyway I can flash the firmware again?

The device is still on its warranty.

How could an upgrade of Corsair Link mess with the firmware like this?

Thanks in advance.

What is [uSB Bus] now reporting? Is the I/O Error 31 still there? Until that goes away neither CL or SIV will be able to control the H80i.

I have no idea what a "Corsair Hydro USB v0.0.1" is or where it came from.

What is [uSB Bus] now reporting? Is the I/O Error 31 still there?

I have no idea what a "Corsair Hydro USB v0.0.1" is.

Neither do I...

I think everything is getting more and more confuse.

At first it showed that I/O 31 error, yes.

Then I attempted something you mentioned on another thread, disconnect and reconnect the SATA cable powered on (no results), USB Cable (no results).

After this what is now showing is :

Vendor: 0000 Unknown USB Device V0.00 Slow *** Failed Enumeration Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Well, well, well....

How about that...

Guess what, problem found!

Long story short, lack of power on the MB USB hub. Yes, you got that right.

Disconnected all USB devices, removed the secondary GPU that was only doing PhysX, reset the BIOS to defaults, reconfigured again, installed the latest Corsair Link and then it came back to life. Ta-Da!

I'm officialy dumbstruck xD

Time to get a new PSU.

Thank you for your time, nothing to see here. :-P

You will need to install CL3 again .. then go to Programs and Features and look for 3 corsair items ... Corsair Link 3, Corsair USB dongle and Hydro something. I used a free program called IOBIT Uninstaller to so a "powerful scan" that removes any leftover registry and file entries. Once these 3 items are removed you should be able to install CL4.

Warning.. if you use IOBIT Uninstaller .. it will constantly try to install Advanced SystemCare. The Uninstaller has always worked flawlessly for me but Advanced SystemCare has caused more damage then good so I would not use that program unless you are very very sure of what it is removing before you use it.

Thank you so much, that worked exactly as you said and I have a very nice looking CL4 on my system :D

yeah I'd been waiting to install link again after reading through the forums and seeing the issues already reported but today I decided I'd try and sure enough it's freezing my system after a few minutes. even after uninstall I was seeing freezes but that might have been fixed now with the power down pull the plug bit but we'll see.

this is really annoying and disappointing... so much of my rig would benefit from this working right (ax1200i, H100i, commander mini, etc...) and my machine was running just fine without link... just would be nice if the supporting software worked.

http://i.imgur.com/bsAHYxo.png

Here is a simple screenshot showing the CorsairLink4Service eating CPU, and keeping my CPU from resting. You can also see the burst from uninstallation and the resulting idle when gone.

Back to CL3...

What is up with the lack of response from Corsair to anyone on this thread?

So I'm about to just have to treat this program as a virus at this point. Still seeing system freezes even after uninstall, even an uninstall via third party software, but no where near as quickly as with link installed and running. BSOD would be welcome at this point because at least then I'd have an error code to be able to hunt down where the problem is. I'm suspecting it has something to do with pump or radiator fan speeds not increasing to match the need with increased cpu usage but again I can't even be sure of that as I'm still getting the random 'rev up and spin down' of pump and fans but again not as insanely as I was with link running.

Again I was NOT having these issues what so ever before I decided I'd risk giving link another try. At this point I'm starting to get concerned that this software may be causing damage to my rig. I am not sure what else I can do but reformat and never touch this software again.

Archived