Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.2.2.27 here

Technobeard

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far I am running, 2 commander mini's, 2 of the Corsair Vengeance RGB FAN coolers, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Platinum 2400 RAM sticks, 6 LINK RGB LED strips, a Corsair 1200 Power supply, and an H100i V2 CPU Cooler, everything is working PERFECTLY with this latest build on my EVGA x79 Dark Motherboard. I did have to add an NZXT USB header extension for more internal Type A USB headers, but other than that, my system is running GREAT! Sorry that so many others are having issue but all I can say is my system is doing awesome with this setup. For the record I am using the AIR 540 Case, 2x EVGA 780ti Classified Video Cards, 7 Corsair case fans, all so very quiet, and the Corsair k70 keyboard. I am loving Corsair's hardware. you guys ROCK! :D: Custom power cable kit is on order! :P

http://easyops.co/images/build.jpg

http://easyops.co/images/capture.jpg

other than that, my system is running GREAT!

you guys ROCK! :D:

I am using the new H100i v2 is there a way to make the CPU cooler LED strobe or fade to different colors?

Really? Corsair did not even reply to your post.

How did you manage to make the H100iV2 LEDs strobe or fade?

This is a vast improvement over the old Link system. I had to fiddle around in regedit for my H100i to work properly using the old Link.

I love the UI now as well with the different tabs to view. And just like the old Link, I love the view of the case with the temps and fans on it. They have improved it a little now by adding a grid so if you have a little OCD like me, makes positioning the icons a 'snap'! :biggrin:

I was contemplating getting a NZXT Kraken cooler like a friend of mine did. He stated that the UI was "A LOT BETTER" than Corsair Link, but this new update has made me change my mind!

Oh also, the background for the new Link is EXACTLY THE SAME as my Desktop background :biggrin:

Really? Corsair did not even reply to your post.

How did you manage to make the H100iV2 LEDs strobe or fade?

I asked the question before I bought the commander mini's and the new Corasir light kits. After installing them I am fading the LED light kits with the LINK software. It's not as nice of a functionality as the NZXT kit, but the LED's are MUCH better in the Corsair kits. Tomorrow I hook up one commander mini as Green to Blue fade and the other as Blue to Green, I will post when I am done. The Corsair LED stays WHITE same as the EVGA LED on my video cards so it blends in well as that even though you can change the Corsair LED to any color, or have it change per temp. It would be easy to expand that functionality if the developers decided to do so, which I hope in future updates they will do.

I asked the question before I bought the commander mini's and the new Corasir light kits.

You missed my point. "Guys who ROCK" would have answered your post and Corsair didn't.

Ever since Corsair Dustin moved on from dealing with Corsair Link on 01-Jan-2016 the support from Corsair for CL4/CL3 has been far less than it was. Do Corsair have any plans to address this?

Custom profiles only work when link is running, otherwise they stick to the last rpm before closing link. This is very disappointing, my cpu reached over 70 degrees celsius!!!

I hasetate to use custom profiles because it doesn't work, this is why I got my H80i and not one from another company.

I am very disappointed to say the least that the link software never worked as advertised, even more disappointed about the response on this forum!!!

You missed my point. "Guys who ROCK" would have answered your post and Corsair didn't.

Ever since Corsair Dustin moved on from dealing with Corsair Link on 01-Jan-2016 the support from Corsair for CL4/CL3 has been far less than it was. Do Corsair have any plans to address this?

True that, I completely agree with you!

Since very little has changed for me with this version I'll just leave this here: Issues

What does work (might have worked before, but I hadn't noticed it then) is the temperature based LED colors. It's NOT displaying the correct color in the software however, this worked fine in CL3.

As to why CorsairLink4.Service is using the disk all the time... I found a fix for that.

In %ProgramFiles(x86)%\CorsairLink4 there's a file called NLog.config

Edit this file and remove both of the lines starting with <logger ... This stops the logging and my disk is happy again. The log file it had written was ~200 MB (*.log located in %ProgramData%\CLink4).

Terrible.

In %ProgramFiles(x86)%\CorsairLink4 there's a file called NLog.config

Edit this file and remove both of the lines starting with <logger ... This stops the logging and my disk is happy again. The log file it had written was ~200 MB (*.log located in %ProgramData%\CLink4).

I had a quick read of https://github.com/nlog/NLog/wiki/Targets and concluded the shipped NLog.config is probably the development/debug version and this being shipped is poor.

I feel totally deleting the lines is probably not ideal and feel changing the rules to as below would be better.

<rules>
   <logger name="*" minlevel="Error" writeTo="flog" />
 </rules>

So that any errors still get logged. Having the <logger name="*" minlevel="Debug" writeTo="clog" /> in the released file is inappropriate and I wondered if this could be causing the excessive CPU usage so after changing it to as above I checked. It did not make much if any difference and the service is still using way too much CPU time :sigh!:.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24989&stc=1&d=1461306705

When I exited CL 4.2.2.27 it was also holding the lock :mad:

attachment.php?attachmentid=24990&stc=1&d=1461306715

538787892_StillusingloadsofCPUtime.png.78e222ad21259761fff630dea688f637.png

940022525_Stillfailingtoreleasethelock.png.e8991900b29ac6a4633f2c64c67b2a4c.png

I had a quick read of https://github.com/nlog/NLog/wiki/Targets and concluded the shipped NLog.config is probably the development/debug version and this being shipped is poor.

I feel totally deleting the lines is probably not ideal and feel changing the rules to as below would be better.

<rules>
   <logger name="*" minlevel="Error" writeTo="flog" />
 </rules>

I never thought of looking up the different logging options available. Setting it to Error is definitely better and might actually be useful.

Have you checked if the service, or anything else, is compiled in debug or release mode? That would increase the CPU usage no doubt, and it would not surprise me at all...

Have you checked if the service, or anything else, is compiled in debug or release mode? That would increase the CPU usage no doubt, and it would not surprise me at all...

No, I don't use CL to control my hardware at all and figure it's almost a lost cause. Using C#/.NET for the service is a poor implementation and probably half the reason it's CPU hungry.

CL4 also seems to use TCP to transfer information between the Service and GUI. I expect this also eats up CPU cycles and could be why CL4 uses at least 50% more CPU time than CL3.

Guys, I got an issue. How I can create my own curve of the fans RPMs vs CPU Temperature? I have no idea how to do that. In Corsair Link v3 that was working fine, but it seems it vanished in v4? i got H100i

Just here for my regular monthly check-in to see if anything has changed with Link. Unfortunately the usual laundry list of bugs and glitches prevails along with Corsair's

cavalier attitude to providing a timely solution. I've since moved on to Aquasuite but would switch back to Link in a second if it actually worked. Fingers crossed fro next month!

Firstly, after reading through the thread it is clear I have to thank red-ray for his persistence with Link.

Secondly, given the technical data he provides it is amiss that the Link developers are not here having a regular dialog. Where are they ?

My issues upon registering here are completely insignificant compared to the list of things already reported so I will refrain from posting them as it is clear the developers have more work on their hands than they can currently handle.

Excellent hardware, let's get the software up to the same standard please.

the link interface is not giving real time feedback of the change in color on the unit.

I know the H100i provides the information so that CL should be able to do this and that my SIV utility does this on the [Link LEDs] panel so I suspect this is yet another bug in CL.

Were it my system I would post a screen shot showing the CL [Home] screen that had the incorrect colour + the SIV [Link LEDs] page with the correct colour and request Corsair to fix it.

Excellent hardware, let's get the software up to the same standard please.

Do you count firmware as hardware or software? I tend to feel it's part of the hardware and given http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134621 has been outstanding since 20-Nov-2014 and http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137364 since 02-Feb-2015 feel the hardware is not all it should be.

This is a known issue with a fix coming.

Corsair used to talk the talk, but now they don't even do that.

Do you count firmware as hardware or software?

I was counting firmware as software purely on the basis that it can be rewritten and fixed. Hardware I counted as the parts you can touch.

The more I read in the Link forums, the worse it seems to get.

No bug tracker (it's internal we are told. Sounds like code for 'I've never seen one').

No dev interaction on the forums. Sounds like some kind of language issue. Is the dev sitting at home corresponding with Corsair via Google translate ?

Firmware issues proving 'difficult to fix'. This is simple, Hire someone else.

Software issues not being fixed for months, maybe even years. This is simple too. Hire someone else.

I have a Commander Mini on order, I gotta say that I am considering cancelling it because it seems unable to do what it advertises.

I was counting firmware as software purely on the basis that it can be rewritten and fixed. Hardware I counted as the parts you can touch.

It's not that simple. If you look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=793290 you will see Asetek Coolers can't have the firmware updated and Corsair don't have the CoolIT firmware source. All in all Corsair are in a tricky situation.

I think Corsair are now on the third set of developers and feel the issue must be down to poor management rather than just the guys doing the work. CL4 was developed by the same company that developed CUE, but don't know who this is.

As far as CL4 development goes, like I said, it's being rearchitected by a solid team. I can't say much more than that. I suspect a lot of your concerns will be alleviated by then and if they aren't, well, we'll keep working. Honestly, the interlock is an issue that even I've run into.

They have not been and I can't see any visible signs of Corsair working on most of the issues I raised. What the "solid team" implemented for the interlock is to say the least rather poor.

That's why I jumped ship, to predator 360 with dual 980 ti disconnects. Good company corsair awesome support and rma. But having the h100i gtx of the cooling temperature and the CL having issues for more then a year ( !and I wanted a better cooling, swapped a 2600i for a 5930k) this was a ideal date to switch.

Hope they short it out someday. Still using a cl mini and a ax1500i a k95 rgb .

That's why I jumped ship, to predator 360 with dual 980 ti disconnects. Good company corsair awesome support and rma. But having the h100i gtx of the cooling temperature and the CL having issues for more then a year ( !and I wanted a better cooling, swapped a 2600i for a 5930k) this was a ideal date to switch.

Hope they short it out someday. Still using a cl mini and a ax1500i a k95 rgb .

trust me, corsair are alive just for their excellent h/w. otherwise they will be nothing just a company sitting in the middle of the road begging passerby to buy product from them.yes please delete or ban me. but,we think we had enough. & u r wrong. it's not over a year. it's like we have been waiting for forever for a link software that at least works & gives minimum output.

So I recently changed my case. I have a H80I on my CPU. When I restarted the pc with my new case, corsair link v3 bugged. There was popuptelling me every 2 sec that a new device is plugged into corsair link and it needs to restart. So I restart multiple times and the popup is still there. Then I think that maybe corsair link has been updated since. I’m updating to the newest corsair link v4. And then it’s changed an all but I can't find my pump or my fans. So can someone pls help me with this problem. I had the same problem with my pump before on other corsair link version but I fixed it somehow and now ive tried doing things but it doesn't work.

specs

-motherboard msi b75ma-p45

-os windows 10

2027573696_corsairlinkv4bug.thumb.png.6c047a176f2aa9c20236932880482366.png

Archived