Corsair Community

Scimitar lift height setting doing absolutely nothing

zix7

I just bught the corsairs mm600 mouse pad for my schimitar thinking it would help with a hard surface instead of the black soft fabric steelseries i had. it did nothing for the lift height. A blank peace of white of A4 printing paper is still the best for lift off height, pleace corsair fix your software!

Hey guys I'm having the same problem here, I was wondering if any of you have the 1.06 FW that I need to try to fix it that way. I'm hoping to get it ASAP because I love this mouse but I cannot play like this so if I can't get it working I will probably just return it tomorrow to find a different one that doesn't have the issue. I don't know why Corsair wouldn't have any of the previous FW available for download so people could openly troubleshoot problems like this.

• 1 month later...

So this is still the top result when searching for lift height problems with Corsair mice, and I created an account just to share the dumbest fix for this.

(TL;DR: Put a clear piece of scotch tape over the sensor)

I just unboxed my Scimitar and hopped into a game and discovered that the lift height was atrocious. I'm talking 1/4" off the mousepad at least, making it useless for gaming. I lowered the height in the settings, but this did basically nothing.

I was in the process of requesting a refund when my wife suggested putting a clear piece of scotch tape over the sensor. I thought this was completely ridiculous and would never work, but I humored her and discovered that it actually did the trick. I'm still debating returning the mouse because it is completely stupid that I would need to put tape on my brand new mouse to get it to function the way it should have out of the box, but for now, it seems to be working great.

• 1 month later...

Same issue. Changing lift off height in CUE does nothing. Mouse still tracks when 1cm off the mousepad.

Saw all the jazz about using a different mousepad. I have 4 different gaming mice (optical and laser) and they all work just fine on my mousepad (Corsair Vengeance Dual Sided) The software/firmware and/or the mouse itself is the problem, don't blame the mousepad.

Please fix ASAP Corsair. I generally love your products (I have a mouse, keyboard, RAM, mousepad, etc.) but please fix this issue ASAP and find somebody who knows how to program software/firmware properly.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I also have the issue where lift height setting does nothing. Regardless of what mouse pad im on. That feature was one of the main reason's I bought this mouse. It is a very good mouse, but trying to play and FPS games or games where you need an accurate cursor and you lift off frequently is next to impossible. Please fix this, It is not leaving a very good taste in my mouth for you Corsair!!

• 1 month later...
So this is still the top result when searching for lift height problems with Corsair mice, and I created an account just to share the dumbest fix for this.

(TL;DR: Put a clear piece of scotch tape over the sensor)

I just unboxed my Scimitar and hopped into a game and discovered that the lift height was atrocious. I'm talking 1/4" off the mousepad at least, making it useless for gaming. I lowered the height in the settings, but this did basically nothing.

I was in the process of requesting a refund when my wife suggested putting a clear piece of scotch tape over the sensor. I thought this was completely ridiculous and would never work, but I humored her and discovered that it actually did the trick. I'm still debating returning the mouse because it is completely stupid that I would need to put tape on my brand new mouse to get it to function the way it should have out of the box, but for now, it seems to be working great.

I joined simply because this is the very first corsair page to appear for ANY corsair lift problems. ^ This worked for me. Transparent tape over the sensor and bam, all problems are gone. Nice find bro.

I joined the forum to chime in on this. I got the Sabre RGB recently and it is easily the worst mouse I have ever owned due to the lift issue and it does not work well on any surface I have tried. The CUE software makes zero difference.

I am disappointed to read that Corsair James earlier in this thread pretty much says - in not so many words - that they will not fix this issue. This means I am going to return mine as it is basically really bad at being a mouse, and it seems they could fix it but will not.

Corsair could fix this with an extra setting that would not impact the user base - add "very low" to the list of options for example, so existing users retain their settings that continue to work uninterrupted. I'll check back to see if this is considered in a day or two before returning mine.

End note: I have corsair RAM, case and the K95 in addition to this mouse. This is the only corsair product I regret buying, I am very happy with the others. But really, this product in its current form sucks - fix it please!!! :)

Archived