Corsair Community

Scimitar lift height setting doing absolutely nothing

zix7

Just got my Scimitar and I tried setting the lift height to as low as possible, since currently it still tracks even when its lift off like 0.5 cm off the mousemat, but it doesn't seem to make any difference, it still tracks at the same distance whether it's set to low or high or any in between.

I've updated CUE, firmware is on the newest version as well, didn't fix it.

Only saw one guy noticing this as well, but he didn't really say anything more about it. Disableing CUE doesn't work either.

I hope there's some kind of fix for this, cause this makes the mouse quite unprecise.

• 4 weeks later...

I too have been experiencing this problem. The previous firmware or the Corsair Scimitar along with the previous software version did not have this issue.

Unfortunately, I updated the firmware of my mouse today and that does not work with the previous version of the software. So then I updated the software to the latest version and now I can't get the lift distance right... it does not matter what height I set it to.

I do not like this at all... and I have TRIED to find the previous firmware to download with no results...

This sux!!! I can't live with this lift distance as it is with the latest version...

Why even have low, medium and high as an option? They are all the same...

Prior to updating yesterday to FW 2.01 and SW 1.15.36, I was using FW 1.20 and SW 1.11.86... I had ZERO problems with FW 1.20 and SW 1.11.86. (Actually, I did have a slight problem with the SW 1.11.86 in that my RGB lighting would sometimes go out... but that never bothered me because honestly I don't stare at my mouse... I game with it... :laughing: )

• The problem now is that by running FW 2.01, I am unable to run the older version of the software with it.

• Based on my experience, it would seem that it isn't necessarily the firmware that is causing the issue but rather the software... based on a previous software version prior to 1.15.36, I saw the same lift issue...

• So something happened after version 1.11.86 of the software that ruined the lift distance...

But again, I am very curious as to why others have not complained... perhaps most people don't mess with the lift distance and just accept that part of the mouse functionality as the default value... I can't remember what the default value was when I originally purchased the mouse but I do remember seeing the option and immediately setting it to LOW. Does anyone out there have an older firmware handy by chance??? Just so I could do some experimentation...

I can't game at all right now because of this lift distance issue... I seriously get nauseous because of the herky jerky movement... so very frustrating.

I did submit a support ticket today in the hopes that Corsair might be able to get me FW 1.20... really wish they had previous versions of firmware available for download...

FIXED!!!

Well, fortunately for me, Corsair Henry was able to get me the previous firmware for the Scimitar which was 1.06.

Once I downgraded to 1.06 and then reverted back to the software version that works for me CUE 1.11.86.... my lift issues go away!

Check this out, with version 1.11.86... there are 5 settings for lift distance!!! And each one actually adjusts the lift distance...

It is so beautiful... when I set it to LOW... I basically have to have the mouse on the mouse pad in order for it to track... THIS is beautiful!!!!

So, if you want the lift distance settings to actually work... my suggestion is to downgrade to 1.06 FW and then get yourself a copy of 1.11.86 CUE.

PM Corsair Henry for the FW 1.06.

FIXED!!!

Well, fortunately for me, Corsair Henry was able to get me the previous firmware for the Scimitar which was 1.06.

Once I downgraded to 1.06 and then reverted back to the software version that works for me CUE 1.11.86.... my lift issues go away!

Check this out, with version 1.11.86... there are 5 settings for lift distance!!! And each one actually adjusts the lift distance...

It is so beautiful... when I set it to LOW... I basically have to have the mouse on the mouse pad in order for it to track... THIS is beautiful!!!!

So, if you want the lift distance settings to actually work... my suggestion is to downgrade to 1.06 FW and then get yourself a copy of 1.11.86 CUE.

Followed this 100%, lift settings still don't work for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you guys using the latest SW 1.15.36 and FW 2.01?

Yes, FW 2.01, SW 1.15.36

The Lift Height is set to "Low" and its range is still very long so frequently when lifting to bring the mouse back to be set down to continue moving the mouse in one direction it senses the mat and moves my mouse the opposite direction.

• 1 month later...
FIXED!!!

I'd like some more confirmation for this before i go through the hassle of doing this myself, because I've bought the mouse and used it when it was on those versions, but I still had the problem.

I'd like some more confirmation for this before i go through the hassle of doing this myself, because I've bought the mouse and used it when it was on those versions, but I still had the problem.

I'm going to give it a shot when I have some time. I'll post with results.

I have had the Scimitar for only a day and the lift issue is infuriating. I hate being able to hover the mouse and move the cursor. With my old M65 I had it set so the mouse had to be on the pad in order to move, so trying to adjust to the lift height on the Scimitar is frustrating.

Just chiming in to mention that I have the same problem (on latest firmware and CUE software version) with the lift height being not appreciably different on low/medium/high - and certainly being set far too high. Issue happens on both Windows 7 64 and Windows 10 64.

Figured out the problem! Lift distance problem was detected on some mouse pads. for me it's Roccat Taito. I just placed my Scimitar on clean wood table and lift distance was low as it should be.

So now my question is, what mouse pad should I buy to have that low lift height?

Thanks for your time!

P.S. Any way to calobrate mouse for any mouse pad anyway?

Figured out the problem! Lift distance problem was detected on some mouse pads. for me it's Roccat Taito. I just placed my Scimitar on clean wood table and lift distance was low as it should be.

So now my question is, what mouse pad should I buy to have that low lift height?

Thanks for your time!

P.S. Any way to calobrate mouse for any mouse pad anyway?

Now that is interesting, it does indeed work better on wood. It also works better on my blue file folder. Do you think it has something to do with the texture or colour? Because my mouse pad is just straight out black.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried contacting Corsair Henry but it has been a week and he has not answered me...

Does any of you guys have the files for the old firmware + software?... I really hate this lift height problem that the Scimitar has with the new update.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
This is still an issue. Just bought my Scimitar, and it's pretty much unusable with a mouse pad I also bought from Corsair. Funny enough, lift height isn't an issue on my old Razer mat. We really need a calibration option like Razer, or we need the lift settings to actually work..

• Corsair Employee

Lift height will vary from one mouse pad or surface to another. I could go into more details but to keep it simple, lift height will always vary due to the material and the color of material. Even if we were to adjust the settings we use for lift height, we can only compare using our mouse pads for reference and any changes can have a resounding impact on the existing user-base.

Unfortunately, we have no plans of implementing a calibration feature for Scimitar as unlike the M65 PRO, the sensor was not designed for this type of control.

Lift height will vary from one mouse pad or surface to another. I could go into more details but to keep it simple, lift height will always vary due to the material and the color of material. Even if we were to adjust the settings we use for lift height, we can only compare using our mouse pads for reference and any changes can have a resounding impact on the existing user-base.

Unfortunately, we have no plans of implementing a calibration feature for Scimitar as unlike the M65 PRO, the sensor was not designed for this type of control.

What's a good mouse pad then, one that works well with the scimitars lift height? I need a new one anyways

• 2 months later...

By the way, since this is the top link if you google for "scimitar lift height", this issue remains on the latest firmware. I've also tried the noted earlier firmware (1.06) and CUE 1.11.86, and there's no change there either.

So! Let's get a compilation of compatible mousepads. My list is below:

Corsair MM200 - NOT COMPATIBLE

Corsair MM300 - NOT COMPATIBLE

Roccat Hiro - NOT COMPATIBLE

Razer Goliathus - NOT COMPATIBLE

So basically, just don't buy this mouse unless you intend to use it on a wood desk.

• 2 months later...

I only have 1 mouse pad, the big Steelseries, its probobly 8 years old now... Still works, but like the rest of you here the liftoff on my newly bought Scimitar, updated to latest firmware and driver is way to high on the lowest settings.

However when i put a peace of blank A4 printing paper on the pad the liftoff is as low/good as my FPS mouse that have adjustable 0-100 liftoff. So idont know if its specificly the color black or the fabric surface, because my black IKEA wood desk has the same issue as the pad.

So I just bought this mouse yesterday. Hugely disappointed with Corsair. I bought this mouse because I wanted to try something different other than razer. Corsair makes awesome hardware but their software and their support is terrible. My k65rgb keyboard feels amazing. The software is still horrible til this day. I should have expected the software was terrible for the mouse as well. The mouse it self's feels amazing. Never would I would see the day for the main reason to return a product was because of the software. We lack a lot of options to do simple stuff to the moues other than change the DPI. The lift height renders the mouse absolutely useless even for basic uses. Changing the mouse pad somewhat helps but that should not be a resolution. I see numerous threads on this topic and for months and no one has a fix for this other than forcing a older firmware update and older corsair utilities download that may or may not work. I'm sorry for anyone that has this mouse that's still experiencing this issue

Archived