Corsair Community

H100i GTX Pump Speed w/o CL and Correct Fan Header Setting

SMM

If you use Corsair Link to set the H100i GTX pump speed to quiet mode will it keep that setting if you then disable and/or remove CL? Or, does the pump revert back to full speed performance mode?

Also, if plugging the pump into the WATER_PUMP header of an Asus motherboard, what settings do you need to have the header at? I have read conflicting posts (DC, PWM, manual, etc.) and would like clarification. Thanks!

Leave "Water Pump Control" BIOS option at the default "Disabled" setting when using the W_PUMP header to power the H100i GTX pump. Can't answer your first question since I want the pump running at full speed always and never tried what you suggested. Also, I uninstalled the CL software but USB link and driver are still in place so AIDA64 and HWINFO can read liquid temperature and pump RPM.

Leave "Water Pump Control" BIOS option at the default "Disabled" setting when using the W_PUMP header to power the H100i GTX pump.

Thanks for the help- did as you indicated and noticed the Water Pump graph was at 100% in Fan Xpert 3 once I got everything hooked up and logged in. Did the fan tuning and then hit the Asus "Standard" preset since that puts my fan curves closer to how I like them before doing manual fine tuning.

When I did this the Wapter Pump curver lowered (can't remember the exact curve it changed to). I put it back up to 100%, but can Fan Xpert lower the power supplied to the pump even though I have it disabled in the BIOS as you indicated? I didn't notice any change in the pump when Fan Xpert changed the curve, nor did I hear any decrease/increase in pump noise. I assume the adjustments do nothing to the pump?

"can Fan Xpert lower the power supplied to the pump even though I have it disabled in the BIOS as you indicated?"

Apparently not. But monitoring both liquid temp and pump RPM would cast all doubt aside. I never install Asus software and looks like you've encountered an FE bug already. The BIOS (Q-Fan) is quite capable of achieving just about anything Fan Expert can, albeit without the pretty graphs and eye candy.

Archived