Corsair Community

Hi,

2 days ago i got my new Corsair K70 RGB. Since that time i'm trying for hours and hours and hours :mad: to get the ****ing device running on my Acer Bigmama Win 7 64bit notebook.

I tried USB 3.0 as well as USB 2.0 (yes i plugged in the connectors in the correct order).

A boot-beginning the K70 is illuminated red and white which seemed to be a good sign first of all. In grubs OS-Choice the K70 can be used to select the windows 7 entry. But when Windows is up and CUE 1.13.36 is started after short time the CUE-Message "no device detected" is shown. The keyboard is illuminated yet, but doesn't accept any keys.

I did as in http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472 described with no success

1. Restarting CUE.

=> no effect

2. Try a different polling rate which can be adjusted using the switch in the back.

=> no effect on all polling rates

3. Use a different USB port or configuration. Remember if you are using USB 2.0 plug the one with the arrows in first followed by the one with the keyboard.

=> no effect

4. Try running CUE as an Admin.

=> no effect

5. Removing device from Devices Manager. Remove all HID along with all keyboard or mouse devices, depending on your case. Restart your computer.

=> no effect

6. Make sure the device is not disabled under Devices and Printers

=> The Corsair composite input device (what ever this is) is installed

=> the device manager shows a corsair K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard icon with an yellow attention-sign and "says" the driver for this device wasn't installed (Code 28) (have a look at the attached picture)

I also tried several older CUE-versions. Nothing helped.

Now i'm frustrated and disappointed. After all the K70-RGB is not the cheapest and i didn't expect so much trouble and lost time with a decent tested device.

All helpful hints will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, tos

1218.204719.png.c03104a4c00b5bea643d351657c6c9b9.png

Do you have the latest Windows updates, chipset drivers, etc installed?

The keyboard is not working because Windows cannot find/install the driver for the keyboard.

Have you tried manually installing the drivers via Device Manager by allowing it to search online for the drivers?

The keyboard uses Microsoft's generic HID drivers just for your information.

Give this a try as well;

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/165554-usb-driver-general-fix-problems.html

Hi,

2 days ago i got my new Corsair K70 RGB. Since that time i'm trying for hours and hours and hours :mad: to get the ****ing device running on my Acer Bigmama Win 7 64bit notebook.

I tried USB 3.0 as well as USB 2.0 (yes i plugged in the connectors in the correct order).

A boot-beginning the K70 is illuminated red and white which seemed to be a good sign first of all. In grubs OS-Choice the K70 can be used to select the windows 7 entry. But when Windows is up and CUE 1.13.36 is started after short time the CUE-Message "no device detected" is shown. The keyboard is illuminated yet, but doesn't accept any keys.

I did as in http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472 described with no success

1. Restarting CUE.

=> no effect

2. Try a different polling rate which can be adjusted using the switch in the back.

=> no effect on all polling rates

3. Use a different USB port or configuration. Remember if you are using USB 2.0 plug the one with the arrows in first followed by the one with the keyboard.

=> no effect

4. Try running CUE as an Admin.

=> no effect

5. Removing device from Devices Manager. Remove all HID along with all keyboard or mouse devices, depending on your case. Restart your computer.

=> no effect

6. Make sure the device is not disabled under Devices and Printers

=> The Corsair composite input device (what ever this is) is installed

=> the device manager shows a corsair K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard icon with an yellow attention-sign and "says" the driver for this device wasn't installed (Code 28) (have a look at the attached picture)

I also tried several older CUE-versions. Nothing helped.

Now i'm frustrated and disappointed. After all the K70-RGB is not the cheapest and i didn't expect so much trouble and lost time with a decent tested device.

All helpful hints will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, tos

I am having the same exact issue as you right now. I have BOTH K70 RGB and a RGB M65 mouse. Just about a week or two ago they stop being detected by the software. The keyboard and mouse works normally but I can't change anything in the software (colors).

Do you have the latest Windows updates, chipset drivers, etc installed?

The keyboard is not working because Windows cannot find/install the driver for the keyboard.

Have you tried manually installing the drivers via Device Manager by allowing it to search online for the drivers?

The keyboard uses Microsoft's generic HID drivers just for your information.

Give this a try as well;

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/165554-usb-driver-general-fix-problems.html

Thank you Toasted for the hints,

unfortunately they don't solve my problem. The tested usb-drivers all claim to are the newest ones. There are no faded usb-devices on my system and the INFCAHE.1-"trick" didn't work too.

Does anybody perhaps know a possibility to install the desired driver explicitly without the CUE-installation-process. Also i would like to have a meaningful error-message and not only the insignificant "no device detected" from CUE. Where can i get the fitting driver ?

best regards, tos

I have had this same problem with my keyboard, you need to update one or all of the HID, "not removing them". So have cue running with your keyboard connected "then use the mouse if the keyboard is not working" to go into device manager and update the HID's. you should then be prompt with the CUE language box setup.

Hi folks,

hope you've had a nice cristmas with a lot of presents ;):

Unfortunately my further efforts to get my K70 working on my win7-system were without success yet.

However i had some new insights.

When i boot the system into Linux instead of win7 the keyboard accepts at least keystrokes while i keeps the red-white-standard-illumination. Therefore imho any bios-issues can be ignored.

Also on other hw as raspi II or an old samsung xp-noteboot the K70 is recognized that's to say keystrokes are accepted.

No so on win7. Here the core problem is as far as i can see the missing "K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard"-driver.

How can this driver explicitly be installed without the whole obscure CUE-frippery ?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards, tos

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Alternate fix for this late thread is to Repair it in the Add/Remove programs.

I've had the k70 for a year now and just recently since having razer software installed,uninstalled, and or change in Bios it constantly shows no device found. A simple repair fixes it, instead of uninstalling Cue and reinstalling.

Good Luck.

*** UPDATE***

It is constantly losing recognition after any uninstall, install, or update of any program ever.

Archived