Corsair Community

v1.10.67 prohibits Google Chrome from showing mouseover status information

Cybershaman

But you dont notice your mouse lag?

Nothing noticeable, no.

Not really a big deal but it is odd. I tried to save my profile to the mouse so I can use it without CUE running but it doesn't seem to work. I've remapped most of the buttons to keystrokes and the mouse buttons return to their defaults when CUE is closed.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disabling device lighting fixed it for me, but it returned once I re-enabled it.

Something I found interesting, is that changing the polling rate from 1KHz to 500Hz fixed it completely. Even when I went back from 500Hz to 1KHz, it still works, now.

I have a feeling it might have to do with a discrepancy between firmware and hardware, and resetting the polling rate causes the device to reset, so everything gets back into sync.

Disabling device lighting fixed it for me, but it returned once I re-enabled it.

Something I found interesting, is that changing the polling rate from 1KHz to 500Hz fixed it completely. Even when I went back from 500Hz to 1KHz, it still works, now.

I have a feeling it might have to do with a discrepancy between firmware and hardware, and resetting the polling rate causes the device to reset, so everything gets back into sync.

but you would think a restart would resync them. Or even killing CUE and restarting.

Nothing noticeable, no.

Not really a big deal but it is odd. I tried to save my profile to the mouse so I can use it without CUE running but it doesn't seem to work. I've remapped most of the buttons to keystrokes and the mouse buttons return to their defaults when CUE is closed.

I've had similar issues, generally it saves the DPI settings, but none of the lighting settings (Sabre RGB) stay in place when closing CUE. It's particularly frustrating because the DPI and lighting can be different during boot, while waiting for CUE to start.

Really strangely, since playing with the 'disable device lighting option', it's started sometimes saving the lighting settings (including saving the fact that lighting is disabled).

I haven't had the same success with changing the polling rate, only disabling lighting entirely fixes the chrome link hover issue for me.

but you would think a restart would resync them. Or even killing CUE and restarting.

Yes and no... When you change polling rates, the device itself resets. When CUE is closed or the PC is turned off, it shuts the mouse off, but it still has its state information.

It's kind of like resetting your computer's CMOS.

Yes and no... When you change polling rates, the device itself resets. When CUE is closed or the PC is turned off, it shuts the mouse off, but it still has its state information.

It's kind of like resetting your computer's CMOS.

they need to add in a reset everything button.

Is it possible to save remapped buttons to the onboard memory? The mouse is a Sabre RGB Optical. I use it for work, not gaming so I won't be changing anything in the future. Saving the profile to onboard memory only saves lighting and dpi settings, when I close CUE the buttons revert to default.

If not, is there a way to remap buttons without using CUE? ~500mb ram use seems excessive and don't want any future problems like this thread.

Is it possible to save remapped buttons to the onboard memory? The mouse is a Sabre RGB Optical. I use it for work, not gaming so I won't be changing anything in the future. Saving the profile to onboard memory only saves lighting and dpi settings, when I close CUE the buttons revert to default.

If not, is there a way to remap buttons without using CUE? ~500mb ram use seems excessive and don't want any future problems like this thread.

no not unless someone made a 3rd party program to remap keys

• 4 weeks later...
Just registered to say I am also having this problem, and it also affects any chrome browser extensions that rely on hovering, such as HoverFree, Imagus, etc. It's super annoying since I use these programs every day, they make browsing a lot easier for me :( I hope it's fixed soon.

• Corsair Employee
Just registered to say I am also having this problem, and it also affects any chrome browser extensions that rely on hovering, such as HoverFree, Imagus, etc. It's super annoying since I use these programs every day, they make browsing a lot easier for me :( I hope it's fixed soon.

I just tested it on my chrome on Windows 7 - I don't see this issue with 1.12.75 with Sabre Laser and K70 RGB connected. I'll investigate with a Windows 10 machine later.

It works for me. I tried it on Chrome and Mozilla.

Is your device lighting on?

Also, not sure about others, but I'm on Windows 10, not sure if that makes a difference. There must be something wrong since it's happening to multiple users :|

Edit: Weird, it works on my laptop running Windows 10 and chrome with identical extension setups.. I will try narrowing down what might be causing it on my desktop, then.

Edit2: Still not working after fully re-installing (again) with the latest installer (instead of updating through the program). There must be some sort of conflicting driver or something going on, because I can't work it out :(

For now I have given up and disabled device lighting altogether. I'm seriously considering returning this product, it's ridiculous that I have to make such compromises because the software that came with it is so poor. Sorry guys, but when a mouse disables some functionality that a user might consider useful, then it has failed its primary purpose.

I just tested it on my chrome on Windows 7 - I don't see this issue with 1.12.75 with Sabre Laser and K70 RGB connected. I'll investigate with a Windows 10 machine later.

It works for me. I tried it on Chrome and Mozilla.

It works because you are using Windows 7. This problem is occurring in Windows 10. I have CUE 1.12.75 with Windows 10 1511 (latest patch) and I am having this problem with Imagus in both Chrome stable and Chrome beta. If I exit out of CUE, hovering over links immediately starts working again.

PLEASE FIX THIS

I will be happy to do a remote session with one of you guys if you need to replicate the behavior on a customer system.

• 2 weeks later...

The Imagus issue has been fixed in version 1.13.36.

It still seems like hovering urls and extended tab titles (e.g. if a tab has a title longer than the width of the tab, it is covered, usually you can hover to see the full title but it is still broken), but I can live without that (though it is the original reason this thread was made).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I opened a ticket to report this a few months ago. I specifically reported an issue with the Imagus extension for Chrome, and that was fixed, but general hover actions still don't work. I tried with 1.14.43, the most recent version as of this post. I'm using a Sabre RGB.

• Corsair Employee

I think this issue is related to the same problem that someone reported with VLC and the non-disappearing pointer when a mouse is selected as the active device in CUE.

Can you guys confirm (those who have a second CUE device) that this doesn't happen when a keyboard is the active device?

Thanks.

Archived