Corsair Community

Windows Audio Isolation Device (audiolog.exe?) problem with CUE/VOID

HitmanActual

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for following up, Chris.

I'm sure all of us will be waiting with bated breath on an update regarding this problem. I would hate for feedback on this headset to be marred by such an issue, as I am convinced that Corsair has made an excellent product otherwise.

I also updated my computer spec list, if that would aid in any additional troubleshooting on Corsair's end.

And please extend my gratitude to the software team, in advance, for looking into the issue.

Chris, while you are having the software team look at the CPU usage problem, any chance you might be able to help with something else?

Whenever the Void wireless headsets go out of range of their adapters, they don't automatically reconnect when back in range. I know, it sounds like a minor thing, but back when I still had my Corsair H2100 headset, it used to simply reconnect when I would return to the room.

Now, with the VOID headsets, we have to disable both the headset in "Playback devices" and the microphone in "Recording devices", turn off the headset, re-enable both, then turn the headset back on when we get back in the room. The loss of connection also causes errors in games and video playback, that would force us to close the applications, then do the Playback/Recording devices tango.

Hi all, we were able to reproduce the issue with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. While we don't have a fix yet, we do have a work around. First go into Audio Settings in COD:AW and change the game audio settings from "Autodetect" to "Headphone". This should alleviate the CPU usage.

We're testing the fix so that it can beincluded in the upcoming patch for CUE.

Hi all, we were able to reproduce the issue with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. While we don't have a fix yet, we do have a work around. First go into Audio Settings in COD:AW and change the game audio settings from "Autodetect" to "Headphone". This should alleviate the CPU usage.

We're testing the fix so that it can beincluded in the upcoming patch for CUE.

Thanks for the reply, however this does not work for me. I still get that process up to 99% once I try to join any online game.

Hi all,

Those who are still having this issue please send me your motherboard information and if you're using an onboard sound card or a dedicated sound card. If you're using a dedicated sound card, please list that as well.

::: Motherboard

Product name : SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0

Manufacturer : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

Sound Card : Realtek High Definition Audio Onboard

a bit more info this is the only work around working for me right now

-Disable "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" driver from Sound, video and game controller section in Device Manager. -No more issue and all functionality seems to remain.

However, after a reboot windows "loses" the device in the audio settings and you have to go into device manager and re-enable it in order to get it to respond at all.

I dont play any of the games listed in this thread bf4 cod etc. But if i dont use this work around the usages shoots up to 99 while i have itunes open which is always.

I am also having this issue, but so far I have switched for USB 2.0 to 3.0 on my motherboard and the problem hasn't occurred since I made the switch a few hours ago. Here's hoping the problem is solved temporarily. But I hope Corsair can fix this leak somehow.

im also having issue i will get info for you chris, msi 970 gaming motherboard, with realtek ALC1150 onbaord which i have disabled in bios i have also disabled every other sound device bar the VOID's,

things are fine at start up and at startup of Firefox also, i launched youtube played something and did not see an issue... i did see the issue a few times with launching of bf4 for defooo...!

i can tell you however, the issue is not present when the CUE is installed, if you guys still wanna use headset, uninstall CUE it still works, sounds good & doesn't hog CPU usage, i am running windows 8.1 64 bit & i will get all info now for you..

Windows Settings, that audiodg is a pipeline for the windows to handle, you guys add stuff to it and windows uses that to process audio through that file..

its really annoying, but amazing great headset yet this silly thing..

P.S this happens on bootup of BF4 MOSTLY i tried f1 2015 and it was fine... but without CUE installed i have yet to see the issue in any game.. :/...!

http://i.imgur.com/nmvVrNi.png

http://i.imgur.com/QcWeqY6.png

http://i.imgur.com/IyJYoBL.jpg

thanks corsair

I am sure corsair are working on a fix for this cpu usage leak or whatever it is. I am guessing we have confirmed its to do with realtek drivers and CUE software? I have an asrock 990fx extreme 4 and I have to keep disabling the headset drivers whenever it happens.

so Chrome does it, iTunes does it, BF4 does it, Payday 2 does it, Diablo 3 does it, League of Legends does it.. COD:AW does it, :(

it seems to be clearly a software issue, whether it be driver or utility engine,

Mozilla Firefox seems to be ok & so does F1 2015, yet to test DayZ Mod (ARMA2)

I will test of new couple days see what it does but mostly i uninstall the CUE and headset installs, seems to work fine with that, but you dont have info like battery level and you cannot use the EQ or the DOLBY 7.1 Switch... it seem to be dolby peroid.. but i did notice without CUE you do have enhanments tab in windows, LISTED under CORSAIR VOID :S

EDIT SPOKE TO SOOON< FIREFOX DID IT NOW I WAS NOT IN GAME AND I WAS JUST ON BROWSER LISTENING TO YOUTUBE... CUE INSTALLED AND OPEN ON SCREEEN AT THE TIME...

It doesn't need to be a software that runs. It just needs to be multiple audio sources. I can play a game while talking to someone else over Teamspeak or Discord and when a notification sound comes in from any other application, lets say a Facebook message, the engine (the windows audio engine) panics and goes to full CPU usage. This either stops if the audio sources piles down, so when a notification stops playing it will cool down 2 seconds after. I've noticed no exception if it's running a fullscreen or just more programs/browsers at the same time, it's the same problem. If you keep the new audio playing like a video or song, it will take about 30 seconds to 2 minutes to go back to normal, all depending on how taxing the other running applications are.

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming, Socket-1150

Using the onboard sound card.

Also gonna say I'm running windows 10 as that seen to be an important factor as well.

Archived