Corsair Community

HS40-1-09... Windows 10 not supported.

mickyfen

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Corsair Chris, any news about HS40 drivers for W10? Surround is still not working.

Read the thread before posting please. Technobeard just linked to Corsair Chris' post from 2 days ago:

The original SW vendor for the HS40, H1500, and H2100 have not given us a promise date on when it will be delivered so we're looking into another software team to implement it faster.

Read the thread before posting please. Technobeard just linked to Corsair Chris' post from 2 days ago:

Hahaha I didn't read that, sorry my bad. I'm very impatient, stereo sound sucks :mad: I tried a surround audio test and I almost cried :'(

I can't understand how such a big company like Corsair can do this to its customers. I wonder if I will be able to buy another Corsair's product. A month and a half after W10 releases and we still have no drivers.

Waiting for news.

Hahaha I didn't read that, sorry my bad. I'm very impatient, stereo sound sucks :mad: I tried a surround audio test and I almost cried :'(

I can't understand how such a big company like Corsair can do this to its customers. I wonder if I will be able to buy another Corsair's product. A month and a half after W10 releases and we still have no drivers.

Waiting for news.

And they say: we are looking for someone to develop it for us...

I will wait till the end of the month, after that I'll replace ALL corsair pieces from my computers, tell why on my Youtube channel with 300k subs and NEVER buy a corsair product again.

Hi All

I have had surround working for the last week. Its a bit of the bind to set up, but there is a fix that worked for me a qarism.com site.

If you follow the instructions and reboot, I then got it working by linking the device to sunstreaker.inf file manually in device driver update (you will find the latter in the software-driver folder once uncompressed)

The software page for surround works in windows 10 and surround tests appear to show all is fine. Hope this helps whilst Corsair take more time to work out whats been done by third parties.

Hi everyone!

We're sorry for the huge inconvenience with the HS40 software compatibility. To give an update on HS40 drivers and software, our team will be developing the software (no longer going with the original SW vendor) meaning it will be built from scratch to include compatibility with previous versions as well as Win10 and moving forward. This process will take 6-8 weeks as it will take some time to develop the software, then test it for public release.

Thank you for your patience!

Hi everyone!

We're sorry for the huge inconvenience with the HS40 software compatibility. To give an update on HS40 drivers and software, our team will be developing the software (no longer going with the original SW vendor) meaning it will be built from scratch to include compatibility with previous versions as well as Win10 and moving forward. This process will take 6-8 weeks as it will take some time to develop the software, then test it for public release.

Are fixed drivers for the H2100 also being included in this project? It seems like the software was developed by the same team originally.

Hi

Do you means Corsair now design do not request Original SW vendor (Cmedia) to provide you Windows 10 driver? Instead Corsair will develop Windows 10 driver by your self like current Vengence 1500, Vengence 1500V2, Vengence 2000 and Vengence 2100? Wow that will be huge change.

Does Corsair will use the same surround sound algorithm? Or use new surround sound algorithm?

Hi everyone!

If you make software similar to the V1500/H1500, V2100/H2100. Can we also have Dolby Headphone?:p: By the if you use software similar to V1500/H1500, V2100/H2100 please also fix all bug which find in V1500/H1500, V2100/H2100. Thanks.

@hsinpingwei, we're still working out the specifications for the new software but it should be similar to the V1500/H1500, V2100/H2100.

Archived