Corsair Community

Bulldog First Impressions

Since I'm new to the forum, and never heard of "Bulldog" until a few minutes ago (I'm new to PC building and moving from a Mac and still doing research so please bear with me).

It was asked what our initial impression was of the case, and after reading about the hardware, I really like what I've seen so far (based on my very limited knowledge) and think liquid cooling is pretty innovative for a home console.

That being said... the ID... wow, not my cup of tea at all. The red, as mentioned previously I would scrub entirely to make it blend in more with other media centered around a TV. This was already covered and is getting re-worked. Black, silver, gunmetal would match my Sony TV a lot better.

The jagged lines of the case are "ok" I guess, but the feet/legs on the box really make it look weird to me. It's something that if I was walking into a room for the first time I would say "What is that?" (which might be the point), then I would explain what it is, the name, etc. and it would just seem out of place to me. Maybe when/if it becomes more mainstream saying "It's a bulldog" will be as common as PS4, or Xbox? I just see it as much harder to explain without my relatives snickering or rolling their eyes.

From a "wow" factor... yep, I think you have that covered. My kids might like it, though I suspect they will say it looks "weird" or "strange" or try to compare it to another animal until they are shown a picture of a bulldog.

I don't know if it would even be possible in v2.0 but the ability to stand it up on its side would be nice, or at least have that option.

All of that being said, I can't comment on hardware upgrades or changes as I'm still learning about them. The initial impression I have is that I don't like the look of it at all, but I'm willing to look at the machine as a whole and running and give it an objective look to see how it performs. I wouldn't overclock this as I'm not skilled enough to know what I'm doing yet. I think it might make for an interesting project to work on with my son when it's released and something we could assemble together.

V

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK thanks, I appreciate these things progress through development where's there's not a lot to say, but it's nice to hear little updates like that.

It'd be good to see it in the flesh before I think about buying, are there planned future events where the Bulldog will be showcased in the UK? (I wondered if it might have been at EGX recently, but it wasn't)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
All will be revealed...at CES. ;)

I found this video on Youtube of the Bulldog.

[ame]

[/ame]

Very nice product! Can't wait until it's released.

Debating on a 980ti or a R9 Nano as my video card.

Any news on a possible release date?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived