Corsair Community

Looking for some advice regarding casing.

Hornet85

At the moment, I thought of getting the Obsidian 750D for aesthetic reasons. I love the look, and especially the fact that it has a window (would love to get a couple of LED lights in there). My only concern is however with potential dust issues. My current case HAF 932 is a disaster in terms of dust, I think it's due to where I live. But I need to improve on this issue with my new build.

Anyway I understand that the 750D may not have as much intake flow at the front if the cover is on (I'm not living in North America, so it's almost impossible for me to get that new cover). My concern is that I would then get negative pressure airflow which allows the air to come in from all other openings with no filter and causes dust to build up inside.

The CPU cooler I'll be using is the H100i. If I have this H100i as exhaust along with the rear 140mm fan, I'm guessing it's going to be a negative pressure airflow? Anyway, I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to ensure I don't run into dust issues. Would it be advisable to run the H100i as intake instead, and rely on the rear 140 fan to remove the hot air from the H100i and graphic card? If there's any other way to prevent dust issues with this 750D casing, I'd love to hear them.

As a last resort, I could settle for the 550D I guess, although the lack of window kind of bugs me. I'd like to see what are my options first.

Thanks

You can use the H100i as intake (it is actually recommended in the instructions for the H100i to do so). There is also 2x120mm fan mounts on the bottom of the case.

I currently have my 750d setup as the following:

Front intake 2x 140mm fans, bottom intake 2x120mm fans, h100i mounted top as exhaust, rear 140mm as exhaust. I built it last February and recently took a look at everything real close, positive air pressure kept the case 99.9% dust free after all this time. I do use aftermarket fan filters though.

Coming from an HAF912 before my 750d, the 750d does a much better job of keeping dust out. My home might as well be a dust factory to top it off.

Archived