Corsair Community

[WIP] GTA V dynamic lighting

Will putting the DLL files ban me from GTA V? I heard Rockstar checks for any unknown dll files, do they not?

Edit: just tested it, works well with my Strafe RGB! So did R* really remove the wanted lightings?

Edit 2: GTA V on PS4 changes the DualShock 4's lighting too, in addition to the character lightings there is one for your crew color and I believe pink when you're playing an online mission. Would that work with your mod too? (I've yet to try it out)

Strange - I get no changes at all with my Strafe RGB?

This is the logfile entry:

<04/03/2016 - 19:38:38> CUESDK Initialised. SDK Version: 1.10.73
<04/03/2016 - 19:38:38> Found 4294967295 Corsair devices.

Yes, done the regedit.

Not sure what else to try, now :(

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Strange - I get no changes at all with my Strafe RGB?

This is the logfile entry:

<04/03/2016 - 19:38:38> CUESDK Initialised. SDK Version: 1.10.73
<04/03/2016 - 19:38:38> Found 4294967295 Corsair devices.

Yes, done the regedit.

Not sure what else to try, now :(

Ok, here's what my RegistryPatch.reg looks like:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{a6519e67-7632-4375-afdf-caa889744403}\ServerBinary]
@="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Grand Theft Auto V\\LogitechLED.dll"

Other than that make sure you have CUESDK.x64_2013.dll (if your PC is 64-bit) and LogitechLED.dll in your GTA V folder.

If that's still not working try changing the CUE to automatic profile switching: right click on the CUE icon in the task bar -> scroll down in the menu with the profiles (you might not have to though) -> click automatic profile switching

Is there a way to enlighten the keys differently, when being in air or driving a car or so? would be really cool to have the police level or so illuminated on the keyboard - and only the keys enlightened which are currently usable inside the game...

Hey, i saw that you tested the DLL with The Division beta - could you tell me how you got to activate the "Logitech LED Support" thingy in the options?

It doesn't let me activate it. I assume i'm missing something, do i need logitech software installed to get this to work? My wife sits next to me with a Logitech Orion Spark, the envy is rising. :(

All i have installed at the moment is The Division itself, the Corsair Utility Engine (not sure if it's SDK?), and your DLLs. Do i need something else?

edit: after installing the logitech gaming software, i can activate the LED Support. Now i have to figure out why it's still not working. ^^

edit2: regfile i edited to:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{a6519e67-7632-4375-afdf-caa889744403}\ServerBinary]

@="D:\\Ubisoft Game Launcher\\games\\Tom Clancy's The Division\\LogitechLed.dll"

edit3: well that was brief, now the option for logitech LED ingame disabled itself and i can't turn it back on. -.-

edit4: even though i'm not 100% sure that it will be seen: it seems that the LogitechLed.dll you provide doesn't work. I installed the logitech software (using my wifes G910), left registry paths alone, just switched out the dll - as soon as you do, the game doesn't recognize the software anymore and you can't chose "LED Lighting support" in the options anymore. They also differ in size considerably, the logitechled.dll in their latest software is 48kb, yours is 21kb.

So i guess, as sad as it is, not working. :(

Hey, i saw that you tested the DLL with The Division beta - could you tell me how you got to activate the "Logitech LED Support" thingy in the options?

It doesn't let me activate it. I assume i'm missing something, do i need logitech software installed to get this to work? My wife sits next to me with a Logitech Orion Spark, the envy is rising. :(

All i have installed at the moment is The Division itself, the Corsair Utility Engine (not sure if it's SDK?), and your DLLs. Do i need something else?

edit: after installing the logitech gaming software, i can activate the LED Support. Now i have to figure out why it's still not working. ^^

edit2: regfile i edited to:

edit3: well that was brief, now the option for logitech LED ingame disabled itself and i can't turn it back on. -.-

edit4: even though i'm not 100% sure that it will be seen: it seems that the LogitechLed.dll you provide doesn't work. I installed the logitech software (using my wifes G910), left registry paths alone, just switched out the dll - as soon as you do, the game doesn't recognize the software anymore and you can't chose "LED Lighting support" in the options anymore. They also differ in size considerably, the logitechled.dll in their latest software is 48kb, yours is 21kb.

So i guess, as sad as it is, not working. :(

Did you copy the CUESDK.x64_2013.dll file to The Division folder?

Did you copy the CUESDK.x64_2013.dll file to The Division folder?

Of course.

The problem is, that the LogitechLed.dll in the OP is outdated.

I installed the Logitech software, which comes with the (original) LogitechLed.dll (48ish kb). As soon as i use the registry file (which basically tells the game where to find that dll - you can also install the logitech software and replace the dll that comes with it, without injecting the regfile), you can't activate Keyboard LED Support anymore.

So the problem is not really that OPs solution doesn't work - it's that you can't activate the LED Support (in game) in the first place when you use his dll.

And i have pretty much no knowledge of programming/coding, so i can't double check. Should be easy to tell though if you "unpack" the dll provided by OP and the dll that comes with the logitech software, and then look at.. stuff. I don't know, as i said, no idea about coding. ^^

edit: just checked, logitech updated their "logitech gaming software" thingy on 22.2 this year. Last update of VRocker was 20.2. So two days after he updated his dll to work (which stopped because of an update) - they updated. -.-

I'm glad you prodded me on IRC m4inbrain, i would've missed this post!

I haven't been able to test this DLL with the release version of The Division as i don't own the game but it should work perfectly fine. It shouldn't matter about the SDK version as long as there weren't any breaking changes between them and that The Division doesn't rely on the very latest version.

I did experience the problem of having the lighting greyed out in the Beta when the CUESDK dll wasn't in the same directory but you said you've got that there. Do you have the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable installed? (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145)

Other than the redist, i can't think of any other reason why the DLL wouldn't be loading into the game

Okay, i feel dumb now. I obviously did NOT check if i had the Redistributable installed.

It now works, ish. There's a different problem now though. As in, when i load the game, for the first 5-ish seconds, the keyboard shows a layout resembling a gaming layout (WSAD lit up, I lit up, etc) - but it turns off after 5 seconds, and when you get into the game, the whole keyboard lights up green. As in, the layout that should be there, isn't. It's normal that the Keyboard turns off all lighting while loading (happens to the G910 too) - but instead of loading the WSAD layout for the game as the G910 does, it just goes all green. Gonna record the process later. Automatic profile switching is activated. On the first "light-up", it doesn't light up all relevant keys either though. Basically only ctrl, WSAD, I, QE and 123 - where as on the G910, it's considerably more, hm.

Thanks for support though, much appreciated. And again, sorry for bothering you on your "work-channel".

edit: i can upload whatever file you need to look at, i don't know which one determines all the things though - so you'd need to tell me.

I have tested the LogiLed2Corsair with The Division and it seems not to work correctly.

When i activate the LED Keyboard Support in Game, the keys lightening are deactivated, until i start playing, then all keys are lightening in green. The Log file seems not to help too:

<11/03/2016 - 17:26:51> CUESDK Initialised. SDK Version: 1.10.73

<11/03/2016 - 17:26:51> Found 1 Corsair devices.

I have installed the VC++ 2015 and 2013 Redist Packages.

Replaced the LogitechLed.dll in my Logitech SDK Folder cause i have installed the LGS Software because of my Headset (LGS is version 8.78.129).

Placed the CUESDK.x64_2013.dll into game folder of the Division.

I also tried to use a newer version of CUESDK.x64_2013.dll (1.15.28) instead of the one from your package. But keyboard still keeps green.

Have i done anything wrong or can i try anything else to get it working?

Or is the keyboard support for division just broken and you would have to fix it?

with best regards agent roli

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone can help I have a similar issue that someone mentioned in another post. My K70 changes with characters on single player but there are still no red and blue flashing lights with a wanted level.

Correction. It doesn't work at all, the colors were part of another profile i already had installed.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Sorry to re-up, but I have even one Logitech device that works fine inGTA, but if use this dll it doesn't work anymore. Is it possible to make them work together?

Thanks!

Police Lights don't work.

there is a software called AURORA RGB and you can even have razer chroma effects with that software, with the latest dev releases even BF1 dynamic lighting works on any keyboard with a SDK.

http://aurora.modworkshop.net

Archived