Corsair Community

New Firmware update

1komail

I started at Corsair in Tech Support so I thoroughly understand the issues with Link. The development for that has always been rough and slow (similar to the first version of Corsair Gaming software). However, the development of CUE is a completely different team and I work with them on a near daily basis to get things corrected and enhanced. This is why you see many more updates with CUE than you do with Corsair Link.

I agree that the 16.8m color fix isn't 100% ideal. It is a lesson to be learned without going into details as to how this came to be, but regardless of how it started, we at Corsair of course are primarily responsible.

Yet the keyboard is still a very good piece of hardware. I also believe that our software is actually more advance than anything out right now even in comparison to our competitors. We may lack some of the features they have (brightness for example) but the type of profiles being uploaded on a daily basis far exceeds what you find from any other vendor. We also have even more plans to enhance CUE that we are due to be announced soon. As someone who is working on this since day 1 of implementation, I can assure you we are doing everything we can to make the user experience a great one despite some of the setbacks.

Thanks for the honest reply. I believe that you are doing everything you can to address these problems and from what I've seen on the forums, you genuinely care about Corsair's customers. Unfortunately, it's difficult to have the same confidence in Corsair as a company when it lacks the willingness or capability to address serious software deficiencies (primarily in Link) yet continues to charge a premium for software reliant features and promote them as key selling points. If the core of Link or other software is fundamentally flawed it should be rebuilt from the ground up or scrapped altogether. This is what a customer and quality focused company would do, even if it required a substantial investment.

Anyway, I've said my piece and won't be participating in this kind of discussion for the time being.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MikeOnX, if the keyboard had any dents or scratches (which seem to be from a result of poor handling or shipping), we would be more than happy to exchange it for you if your retailer won't do so. Our RMA policy exists for this reason. Unfortunately, contrary to popular belief, we have no control over our retailer/etailer's policy on returns and exchanges. We would have no way of instructing them how to conduct their own business practices.

Second, we can do 16.8m colors which was why we provided this update.

Third, you don't need to go through any trouble of raising a ticket through your government or anything of that nature. We've always been open about accepting returns/refund requests if you're not satisfied with your purchase. Simply send an email to kbinquiries@corsair.com and our customer service team can assist you with the refund process.

I'm more than happy to answer any other inquiries through PM as well.

Thanks for your reply, i will go to the retailer later today and see what it goes. I'm not asking you to instruct them how to conduct their business. If you commmunicate to the retailers about the clear issues the board has, they can have more certainties about how to proceed.

About the 16.8 million colours, this is like buying a 1080p that skips frames, stutters or flickers whenever watching any 1080p content. How would you feel about a product like that? Anyways, thanks.

Second, we can do 16.8m colors which was why we provided this update.

This update did not provide "Display controller driven fast and fluid 16.8M multicolor animation."

I have put in for a refund, but I have yet to receive a reply.

or to put a stamp on your boxes advising the consumer of the flaws and compromises for the 16.8 million colours.

They didn't mark the boxes explaining the lack of 16.8 million colours for months after these keyboards went on sale, so I very much doubt we'll see "16.8 million flickering colours" being advertised or described on the packaging.

Seems to me that the sales and marketing department got a bit too excited when these RGB keyboards were first conceived. If they get the hardware and software right first, or just openly admit there are problems with a product (instead of saying, "yes, apart from that, it's a great product"), the sales and marketing department would have a much easier life.

Anyway, I wonder if any of the sites that reviewed these keyboards when they were first launched will be updating their reviews ?

I can proudly say i no longer own a K70, Corsair got the aesthetics right, just that. Then they falsely advertised the product for months, which regardless what they say, it´s dishonest at minimum. I might buy a motherboard (with previous investigation about any 3 letter agency back doors in the BIOS) or some RAM, but besides that... i will always try to find alternatives. Good luck to anyone else who decides to go the refund way. I had a hard time with the retail store owner who really got upset with me as if i were a Corsair representative :P Thanks again for the support team for trying to answer our inquiries while dodging the perfectly legit arguments that some of us have expressed about an inferior quality and experience than they advertise while making Corsair responsible for this unfortunate chapter in their product history. See ya. D:

How do we know they're making a version 2.0 to this keyboard? Is their any official statement regarding a newer version yet, other then refund if you don't like what you see.. It just doesn't seem right to make people wait so long and then say just return it we couldn't get it exactly right, which I personally don't see that flickering as much of a issue, its just more about the product you pay for and it to be out date and under-priced when a new one is released.

There is no way to know. Companies rarely announce a new product before release. So it will just be a guessing game.

Archived