Corsair Community

H100i GTX Cooler Temp is zero

Nadar

My post was a reply to Dustin and was, therefore, a question for him.

My point is that if 500 people come on here and complain about link, that seems like a big problem, but 10,000,000 people are using it, that is a very small proportion. That is the way of forums? I realise that people come on here to solve problems and get advice and complain,(I never said otherwise) but that can give a skewed impression of any problems.

Much of your post is conjecture, I'm not saying that your wrong, you may be right, however it's just your opinion, just as many other posts on here are the opinions of their author.

I came on here because I had problems with Link and the H100i, after trying 3 of them, I got a refund and bought an air cooler. Then, when the H110i GT came out, I bought one and installed Link and it worked perfectly.

13,000 rpm fans? Does your computer hover in mid air? How do you stand the noise?

My point is that if 500 people come on here and complain about link, that seems like a big problem, but 10,000,000 people are using it, that is a very small proportion. That is the way of forums? I realise that people come on here to solve problems and get advice and complain,(I never said otherwise) but that can give a skewed impression of any problems.
My point is that the problem for those 500 are the same nomather how many alleged problem free CL users there are out there. This is not some public opinion poll for CL, to rate overall user happyness out there or something like that. I just bought a brand new H100i GTX for which CL can't read the water temperature, and thus I cannot control my fans. It's of no help to me to hear about all the thousands of users not having that problem, in fact it's a bit provoking since it's hinting that the cause has to do with my setup and that it's some rare, freak event that Corsair can't possibly be blamed for. About your 10,000,000 people using CL, now THAT's conjecture...

Much of your post is conjecture, I'm not saying that your wrong, you may be right, however it's just your opinion, just as many other posts on here are the opinions of their author.

I struggle to see just what I say that is conjecture. Sure, when it comes to estimating how many percent of the CL users experiencing problems, we're all guessing. But, guessing can be more or less qualified. A lot of the problems with CL (not this particular one though) are so general in nature, that I actually refuse to believe that most if not all have them. That not everybody notice them might be the case, but that doesn't mean they're not there.

I have actually quite a bit of testing before concluding that CL simply "fail by design" - or the lack of proper design. I have installed no less than 3 different virtual machines running Windows 2008 R2, Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 7 32 bit. These machines have had generalized hardware being virtual machines (no special case drivers to interfere), have ONLY had Windows and Corsair Link installed (no software conflicts) and still have shown the exacts same issues with memory leaks, window drawing problems, CPU hogging and crashing after running for some hours. I can also see from some of the problems that they are because of the way the software is made/by design (like the 4000 RPM limit, the messy graphical layout that doesn't handle resizing, the flawed tray icon behaviour++) and not due to some spesific case happening just to me. I therefore find it provoking when you want to reduce all this to just being "my opinion". If I think the CL GUI is ugly (which I do) that is an opinion. When I say that CL doesn't handle windows resizing/different resolutions, it's a fact, not an opinion.

I came on here because I had problems with Link and the H100i, after trying 3 of them, I got a refund and bought an air cooler. Then, when the H110i GT came out, I bought one and installed Link and it worked perfectly.

Good for you, but when you say "perfectly" I read a lot of goodwill from your part into that. That means that you don't think a lot of the issues that are there common to all CL installations aren't a problem. If you find them acceptable, I could understand that, but pretending like they're not there makes me wonder where you're coming from.

13,000 rpm fans? Does your computer hover in mid air? How do you stand the noise?

I don't dear to link to them since they probably could be considered "competing product", but mine are 60 mm fans and those speeds are quite common in that size, especially in server/high end hardware. The whole point with having a fan controller is NOT to run them at full speed because of energy consumption, wear and noise. I usually run them at around 3000 RPM, and they are not controlled by CL (since that would be pointless with the 4000 RPM cap). I like to have spare capacity though, so that the fans CAN keep things cool even under extreme conditions. Having high noise under such circumstances is preferrable to me than having too high temperatures.

• Corsair Employee

I'll just say that while the number of complaints about Link on our forums are more than enough to get our attention and get me to continue coming back to try and help people as best I can - by the way, the new version of Link found here fixes the blinking readouts - in terms of an actual percentage against the number of coolers we sell, it's extremely low.

I'm not really keen on looking at it that way, though, which is why I try to work aggressively with the product manager, validations, and engineering teams. It's impossible to release a product that has no problems - we even have negative reviews for mouse mats once in a blue moon - but we can at least endeavor to bring the number of complaints/issues as low as possible.

Archived