Corsair Community

Corsair Hydro H105 Pump Noise!

Shocky

Just put together a system with this cooler and the pump is the only thing I can hear, it's very irritating.

I had similar issues with a H100 and another system last year which I returned and was hopeful Corsair solved this which they clearly haven't.

So is this another cooler I'm going to have to return for a refund? Why are these pumps so loud!!?

the hydro's will produce a certain level of a hum,thats just the nature of mechanical moving parts.

can you post a vid of the pump to see what level of noise is being made?

It's normal? So if we want a quiet system we should go for a high end air cooling setup instead?

Here's a quick video, just about picks it up but you might have turn your volume up.

But here you go,

[ame]

[/ame]

Being noise is so subjective,only you can decide what is too much for yourself

Im simply saying anything that moves will produce some level of noise.

what I would consider normal is a low steady hum that can be heard <3 feet.,

this is how my hydros are.

If expectations are to be absolutely quiet then it isnt feasible but the noise level is much lower than air coolers are.,,unlike an air cooler where the fan can run at a low rpm,these hydro's run at their max rpm ...

I'm not sure what to tell you, I can't even hear the hum in the video and I turned my speakers up a pretty good way. You might unfortunately just be sensitive to the sound.

The video isn't capturing the sound very well, which was expected.

Is there anyway to get a replacement from Corsair without sending this back right away?

My only alternative is to order another cooler (not from Corsair) and send this back for a refund just like I did with your H100.

I can't put up with this for much longer, I refuse to believe all the pumps are like this or that I'm the only one that can hear this.

Yes, you can request an advanced RMA which means Corsair will send you a replacement cooler first then you send your cooler back to them within a specified time frame. This process requires a valid CC and can only be requested via phone.

Unless something has recently changed, you can do it online as well. You will still need a credit card so they can place a hold charge in the event you never send it back. I did it this past summer with an H80i.

Unless, something has recently changed, you can do it online as well. You will still need a credit card so they can place a hold charge in the event you never send it back. I did it this past summer with an H80i.

That sounds good, worth a shot.

Just waiting for Corsair to respond now, issue entering the part number for the H105, their form won't accept it. :confused:

Did you click the icon to the right of the text box? That got me when I tried to submit my RMA request.

Yes, it gives me list but none of them match the part number for the H105 from what I can see so not show how I'm meant to proceed.

Yes, found the option however there is only an option for a standard rma. the other options are not selectable. :mad:

I'll try to contact them tomorrow, they still haven't replayed to my first query.

Also noticing the tubes and pump vibrate quite a lot, causing the the case a vibrate a bit at times.

I should have gone with another brand, I'm never buying a Corsair AIO cooler again, too much hassle.

It's impossible for every product that comes out of the factory to be absolutely perfect. Try calling our customer service and see if they can take care of this for you first.

I called them but they need to see my invoice first and then advice me, then I can call again and request the advanced rma.

Not a quick process and probably expensive given your contact numbers are US based.

Also, the last two Corsair coolers I've bought had this problem so based on that Corsair must have a lot of defective pumps out there.

I did my RMA over the phone, and I got my replacement sent out the next day. I'm not sure where you live, so I can't give any kind of a guess as to how long it might be for you to receive it, but I know that my mail is really slow, and I should be receiving the replacement around 7 Jan. Corsair fronts the bill for the item to get to you, but in order to get it back you'll have to pay. So at least you're not paying for two shipments.

Hi

I had the same problem and what fix mine was I took the 3-pin out of the slot it was in and put it in a different one.

For some reason that fix it, I don't know if it was the cooler or something else.

Hope This Helps,

Gamal1

Hi

I had the same problem except I have the H75, and what fix mine was I took the 3-pin out of the slot it was in and put it in a different one.

For some reason that fix it, I don't know if it was the cooler or something else.

Hope This Helps,

Gamal1

Hi

I had the same problem except I have the H75, and what fix mine was I took the 3-pin out of the slot it was in and put it in a different one.

Hope This Helps,

Gamal1

That won't help me. I've tried motherboard headers and direct to PSU, makes no difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Replacement arrived today and it sounds worse than the original.

This one has a slightly higher pitched buzzing noise, so now I have two buzzing H105 coolers.

Great.

Anyway, Corsair are arranging collection of one of the coolers, keep an eye out for a H105 on ebay as I will be selling the original.

Never again will I buy a Corsair Hydro cooler.

the hydro's will produce a certain level of a hum,thats just the nature of mechanical moving parts.

can you post a vid of the pump to see what level of noise is being made?

I used to use a custom watercooling system with large pump intended for garden use and that made less noise than these.

Just something to consider.

Archived