Corsair Community

[Unofficial Program] Spectrograph Music Visualizer in Linux

CalcProgrammer1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My friend fixed it for me, I've attached a zip with the 2 .exe files.

v1 = Rainbow background with just white waves like originally.

v2 = Black background with white-red waves that also instantly goes away. (White at bottom and increasingly red towards the top)

I also have a version where the wave has less delay and it fades away.

I have a problem with this on Linux, so if you could provide the source code it might similar to the problem im facing and would be of great help.

Well, Calc told me this on reddit 13 days ago:

http://puu.sh/cMtRp/1344b663cd.png

But he hasn't responded since then, lol. SO I guess that's the problem, but it just needs fixed >.>

(But I do understand people get busy and he has a life so don't think I'm directly complaining at you Calc if you read this :) )

Well, Calc told me this on reddit 13 days ago:

http://puu.sh/cMtRp/1344b663cd.png

But he hasn't responded since then, lol. SO I guess that's the problem, but it just needs fixed >.>

(But I do understand people get busy and he has a life so don't think I'm directly complaining at you Calc if you read this :) )

awesome i was thinking of something similar, this atleast gives me something to go from, however im currently busy with exams and if Calc has not tried this option by the end of next week il give it a go and post back.

I think your problem with the small exe is that you dynamically linked your exe (or your friend did). My exe was statically linked so you don't need the libgcc/libstdc++ dll's on your system. You still need SDL.dll and SDL_gfx.dll as well as libOpenAL installed. I haven't built a new one because I hate rebooting into Windows when I have tons of stuff open in Linux. I really wish libSDL_gfx would release a prebuilt Windows binary then everyone could build their own easily, I don't even remember how I got my libSDL_gfx.dll, probably built it from source but don't have any indications left of how I did it.

I think your problem with the small exe is that you dynamically linked your exe (or your friend did). My exe was statically linked so you don't need the libgcc/libstdc++ dll's on your system. You still need SDL.dll and SDL_gfx.dll as well as libOpenAL installed. I haven't built a new one because I hate rebooting into Windows when I have tons of stuff open in Linux. I really wish libSDL_gfx would release a prebuilt Windows binary then everyone could build their own easily, I don't even remember how I got my libSDL_gfx.dll, probably built it from source but don't have any indications left of how I did it.

Actually it's just for windows and uses the windows API, I simply misunderstood and thought the gents had windows.

The size is likely related to him removing things like SDL since we thought the drawing window was unnecessary, changing it to nordic layout, and reworking some of the code to be more efficient.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you running windows or Linux ? as operating system ?

For windows

CalcProgrammer1 had this link to the windows version

https://mega.co.nz/#F!AA0kFZIC!2PHpSVRP_UUSPzQj2iy0vQ

i personally have not tried it on windows

For Linux,

check page 1 (i think) should be a link to his github, get that, install the required dependencies like

libusb-0.1

libSDL

libSDL_gfx

OpenAL

and i installed codeblocks and build the code. (make sure you build it for Linux, default is Windows) and thats basically it. run it using sudo and you it should work for ya

I'm using windows and i downloaded that link. what do i do with it, it i just run it all i get is a froze graph. also is there anyway to change what it the keyboard copies found this video too but he has not released it.

Yeah I'm not quite sure how to make it work correctly for Windows either. I either get the frozen graph or a spectrograph with 0 input.

You have to make your default "Recording device" in windows stereo mix, or "What U Hear". If you don't have those you could try using VAC.

You have to make your default "Recording device" in windows stereo mix, or "What U Hear". If you don't have those you could try using VAC.

Ahh Virtual Audio Cable, I haven't used that in a long time.. got it working though, thanks :D:

Unfortunately though, it freezes after a while. Not sure why.

ok i made made stereo mix my default, but when i run fanbusaudio it freezes with a high peek going down to a low and freezes my keyboard. am i doing something wrong?

Ahh Virtual Audio Cable, I haven't used that in a long time.. got it working though, thanks :D:

Unfortunately though, it freezes after a while. Not sure why.

Ye i have that problem aswell, still have not managed to find out what the cause is tho, but really have not had much time to look into it either.

ok i made made stereo mix my default, but when i run fanbusaudio it freezes with a high peek going down to a low and freezes my keyboard. am i doing something wrong?

Thats a problem with the program, You will have to wait for Calc, to see the message and hopefully get another version out with a bigger delay inside the program that will fix it for you.

but if you know programming and know a bit of what your doing, get the github version, get codeblocks, search for SDL_Delay (i belive that was the correct name) and change it to like 25 or 30, and try build it for windows.

when building it for windows it requires some additional stuff, that i currenty dont have any clue about ( have not tested on windows).

Great work CalcProgrammer1,

After the hint of choosing Stereomix as default Recordingdevice everything worked fine on my Win8.1 Machine.

Corsair should realy offer you a development job or something.

Your Creativity is what CUE needs to embrace the huge potential of the K70 RGB.

[ame]

[/ame]

can anyone just teach from the beginning where how many requirements need to have in order to make the visualization works on windows operating system? I've been try to work on it but the FanBusAudio application just keep hanging.

there is a .NET version out.

from what i have noticed while having the program running is, if you acctually use the keyboard,it will interfer with the LED commands in the program which makes the application freeze.

I've still not had any luck in getting this to work, been months now :(

as i mentioned to the other guy, there is a .NET version out, (C#) of this program, should be easier to use, and that one does not seem to freeze.

there is a .NET version out.

from what i have noticed while having the program running is, if you acctually use the keyboard,it will interfer with the LED commands in the program which makes the application freeze.

as i mentioned to the other guy, there is a .NET version out, (C#) of this program, should be easier to use, and that one does not seem to freeze.

Do you mean the latest? or specific version of .net framework? Please define it clearly..thank you.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=135081

there, Billism copied over all the code Calc did in C to C#, should be easier to set up in windows, there are a few steps in there showing how to get it started if you have trouble

Thanks, it works, but only with the recording device, which caused the delayed. i had tried with steoreo mix, doesn't work at all

Archived