Corsair Community

K95 RGB Cherry MX blue when?

travisk82

We're looking into the "mushy" issue right now but there are no updates of when MX Blue RGB K95 will be available at this time. We are making as many variations as possible but at the risk of sounding like a broken record, we're always limited by the number of switches available.

Any news on the K95 Cherry MX Blue availability or the 'mushy' keys that were being looked into?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet it won't be til Q1 of 15'..

I like your optimism lol

Hey Corsair! Feel free to enlighten us on what's going on, like whenever but soon, you know...

Instead of not saying a word, the right thing to do would be to address the K95 blues issues publicly and gives us a more realistic ETA instead of "we are out of switches" We all know you have been selling defective blue switches many times. Is it a reason for those ridiculous delays? If so just say it. I'd be less annoyed if there was a better reason than "we are out of blue switches and we don't know when we gonna get some more" That's a BS excuse. Don't you guys talk to your suppliers?

What a joke of a customer service...

Froggy, calling them out in the forums isn't going to inspire them to respond I don't think. Also,there might be things going on they don't want us to know. Your going to have to sit back and wait like the rest of us. I might just keep my K65 RGB until the new ones with blue switches come out ,then buy one of those and give the K65 to my gal..

Froggy, calling them out in the forums isn't going to inspire them to respond I don't think. Also,there might be things going on they don't want us to know. Your going to have to sit back and wait like the rest of us. I might just keep my K65 RGB until the new ones with blue switches come out ,then buy one of those and give the K65 to my gal..

Surely if the staff see their paying customers are frustrated it'd make them want to keep them by keeping them informed of the situation.

Anyways, on the topic of discussion. From the UK and contacted Scan.co.uk today asking for an update since the guy on the Corsair Support Ticket system was less than helpful and just provided one of the excuses listed above then had the cheek to say if I wanted a refund he "would be more than happy to ask his manager". Anyways...

Scan said today Corsair have been trying to resolve the inconsistent blue switches and have subsequently delayed the blues from shipping. The live chat guy said Corsair were working on a 3 week program to resolve them and we should see the stock being replenished by EARLY DECEMBER. To be perfectly honest, I'm done trying to get a response out of Corsair because all we'll get is silent treatment plus now I've finally been told the reason for the delay and a more realistic ETA, I can now calm my horses and wait a bit more patiently for the keyboard knowing that when I get it I won't have to wait even longer and spend more money shipping it away to get it repaired because there is a RTM defect.

Surely if the staff see their paying customers are frustrated it'd make them want to keep them by keeping them informed of the situation.

Frustrated customers with Corsair? NEVER!

Anyways, on the topic of discussion. From the UK and contacted Scan.co.uk today asking for an update since the guy on the Corsair Support Ticket system was less than helpful and just provided one of the excuses listed above then had the cheek to say if I wanted a refund he "would be more than happy to ask his manager". Anyways...

Scan said today Corsair have been trying to resolve the inconsistent blue switches and have subsequently delayed the blues from shipping. The live chat guy said Corsair were working on a 3 week program to resolve them and we should see the stock being replenished by EARLY DECEMBER. To be perfectly honest, I'm done trying to get a response out of Corsair because all we'll get is silent treatment plus now I've finally been told the reason for the delay and a more realistic ETA, I can now calm my horses and wait a bit more patiently for the keyboard knowing that when I get it I won't have to wait even longer and spend more money shipping it away to get it repaired because there is a RTM defect.

This is exactly why I'm pissed off at Corsair... To get info on THEIR products we have to contact whoever is distributing the keyboards to get a descent response without a condescending tone...

I would also be chilled like a cucumber waiting patiently for my keyboard if Corsair wouldn't make us hunt down answers elsewhere...

The main thing is they're trying to fix the blue switch problem as it is a very big problem IMHO. I sent a RMA request and the person who answered my ticket said they don't expect inventory until the new year. I'm fine with that, we all have to be a little more patient. Hoping they fix the problem, I think that'll be the main thing. We'll all be happy once they do this and I'm sure stock will start flowing.

Of course - you are right.....

There is no other reason these switches should be this inconsistent. I am waiting on an official update on the matter personally as I have this problem. Got a few days left on the NewEgg 30-day warranty, but I am holding my breath on the matter sicne I am drawn to the tech on this keyboard(which is still somewhat of a mystery).

Cherry MX should be blamed for putting these blue switchess out. PERIOD. And Corsair could've done a little more to find out this was being sent to them, and thus avoid shipping them. But now it seems like an awful mess, RMA galore it seems from those not willing to wait for an official stance on the matter.

Though how would one even RMA this thing? They can't send me another one because it seems none that are consistent actually exist (or if they do, there wasn't any announcement on this). Only thing that seems to be holding back an official stance on this is back-channeling with MX Cherry and who will be eating what percentage of price associated with the failure of the switches. You get into murky waters with suppliers when you already sold your product to customers and then try to tell the supplier(Cherry MX) their product was defective. Seeing as how they are german made products, safe to say C

That I believe is the reason for this whole hold-up on an official announcement. Pair that up with CUE's problems and delayed featureset. This I couldn't see get too much worse aside from if the hardware itself decided to disintegrate.

• Corsair Employee
There is no other reason these switches should be this inconsistent. I am waiting on an official update on the matter personally as I have this problem. Got a few days left on the NewEgg 30-day warranty, but I am holding my breath on the matter sicne I am drawn to the tech on this keyboard(which is still somewhat of a mystery).

Cherry MX should be blamed for putting these blue switchess out. PERIOD. And Corsair could've done a little more to find out this was being sent to them, and thus avoid shipping them. But now it seems like an awful mess, RMA galore it seems from those not willing to wait for an official stance on the matter.

Though how would one even RMA this thing? They can't send me another one because it seems none that are consistent actually exist (or if they do, there wasn't any announcement on this). Only thing that seems to be holding back an official stance on this is back-channeling with MX Cherry and who will be eating what percentage of price associated with the failure of the switches. You get into murky waters with suppliers when you already sold your product to customers and then try to tell the supplier(Cherry MX) their product was defective. Seeing as how they are german made products, safe to say C

That I believe is the reason for this whole hold-up on an official announcement. Pair that up with CUE's problems and delayed featureset. This I couldn't see get too much worse aside from if the hardware itself decided to disintegrate.

This inconsistent issue isn't with all keyboards - the only reason why we don't have any to replace it with is because of a switch allocation and inventory issue - we will have more from the next production run but given the huge backlog we have, we're building with whatever switches we have on hand first.

Even if you run out of your Newegg 30 day-policy, I'll be more than happy to assist you (or have our CS team do so). You can keep the keyboard until we have the same version to replace it with, exchange it for a different switch, etc. I'll be more than happy to provide you a label to you as well so you won't have to incur any additional expense.

This inconsistent issue isn't with all keyboards - the only reason why we don't have any to replace it with is because of a switch allocation and inventory issue - we will have more from the next production run but given the huge backlog we have, we're building with whatever switches we have on hand first.

Even if you run out of your Newegg 30 day-policy, I'll be more than happy to assist you (or have our CS team do so). You can keep the keyboard until we have the same version to replace it with, exchange it for a different switch, etc. I'll be more than happy to provide you a label to you as well so you won't have to incur any additional expense.

I don't mind paying back the shipping to you guys in the slightest tbh, thanks for the reply and constant involvement on the forums, that speaks volumes to someone like me. Yes as you said there is a huge backlog and natural shortage of the new RGB switches as properly understood by anyone who can use a little logic.

I don't have a problem waiting for your supply to replenish (obviously a Cherry issue since they cant pump these things out fast enough atm presumably with other manufactures also lined up and primed to receive orders that they can make use of by the time the exclusivity deal runs out the by the end of the year). The only thing would be annoying is waiting a few weeks for a new one to ship to me, but the biggest thing would be fear of getting another one with off-switches. As it stands I am satisfied (whether thats proper of me to accept or not is a whole different story) with the normal sized keys functioning pretty much well. I like the keyboard layout and how typing feels/spacing of keys, so it works good enough for me from a hardware perspective barring the mushy feeling keys.

The second thing I am looking forward to in terms of the future is whats going to be done with CUE after hopefully the mid-November firmware update to resolve USB enumeration issues with motherboard manufactures that dont adhere to USB standards. If we can simply get the software to work that we have now as it should, that would mean a lot. To get the interface to do what it is told, and for functions to be intuitive. Finally how the whole LUA and RGB color range spectrum fading/true to color representation will be handled. Evidently the CES demo you had going had nice color transitions, I am just a little lost as to why it isn't possible at the moment.

Finally, I wanted to ask if hypothetically speaking if the USB issues are solved with the November firmware update, what is the status on the whole LUA scripting thing? Like what is the roadmap looking like, or has these CUE/USB/blue switches mushy issues thrown that out the window for the foreseeable future? Would really be nice for one of the chief engineers responsible for the hardware/software to chime in on these forums (English speaking or not is irrelevant) or at least a transcript of sorts that goes into some detail about the keyboards' capabilities/reasons for things like transitions being so meh, or something to finally lay to rest the questions over the whole 16.8mil color representation. Maybe it has been answered before, but I am not sure where to find it. Things like 5 Keyboard drivers from Windows Device manager is perplexing, like why 5 when I delete them all and replug the keyboard >_>

Thanks again James, keep up the nice work.

Oh and, open source CUE possible? O_o

• Corsair Employee

If you prefer DeBethune, I'd be more than happy to confirm the keyboard (if you're in the US) that all switches are working correctly before I ship it to you. I used to do this in Tech Support for people who wanted their FW updated prior to getting the product, for example.

We're hoping to push out the firmware within a few weeks for the keyboard. Initially we were going to do another version earlier, but with the progress of some of the reported issues, we may add a small delay but make it even more comprehensive. This means we should be able to resolve the malfunction issues that remain and address the USB enumeration issues with LED staying on even in sleep mode.

As for the Lua scripting, it is still in the works but our resources right now are all dedicated to solving most of the issues people are experiencing. While our software engineer is too busy to come on the forums, I can always ask if he's willing to do a mini FAQ for you guys. I can address though that you do see multiple keyboards under Device Manager because of how our macro software uses a virtual USB to imitate a second keyboard to produce the macro playback. This is one of the advantages the CUE software had over the Vengeance software, for example.

If you could that would be really awesome. And yes I live in New York City, little far off from Cali but shipping shouldn't be an issue.

Oh and that mini FAQ with the software engineer would be really awesome tbh. Safe to say the guy sure is hella busy no doubt lol.

• 2 months later...

Archived