Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2133MHZ C8

Avenger411

Hey guys!!

So i'm kinda new here but not new to computers. I've been building comps for quite some time but there was one thing buzzing me out when i was browsing parts yesterday! Title says it all, i've been looking to buy this ram CMD16GX3M4A2133C8 and unfortunately for me i also am in the process of upgrading to z97 chipset. I've been searching for official information on compatibility between CMD16GX3M4A2133C8 and z97 (Asus Z97-Deluxe) and couldn't find it. Could any of you guys help me to find out if they are indeed supported ?! And while we're at it, do you guys know if this part has been around for a long time ? newegg is back order, ncix is backorder too... Only amazon has stocks. Is the CMD16GX3M4A2133C8 at the end of it's life cycle or it is somewhat new ?

thank you very much!

It is a rather new and also kinda pricey kit, so available stock at most shops probably is somewhat limited.

The ASUS Z97 models have very good memory compatibility in general, so i would not worry too much about it. If you can't find them available anywhere else and really don't want to order at a-zon, there also is a very similar Vengeance Pro kit with the part number CMY16GX3M4A2133C8R. Maybe you have more luck finding those in stock at the egg or ncix.

It is a rather new and also kinda pricey kit, so available stock at most shops probably is somewhat limited.

The ASUS Z97 models have very good memory compatibility in general, so i would not worry too much about it. If you can't find them available anywhere else and really don't want to order at a-zon, there also is a very similar Vengeance Pro kit with the part number CMY16GX3M4A2133C8R. Maybe you have more luck finding those in stock at the egg or ncix.

Thankss buddy! Yea i think i'll just wait for avail on egg/ncix or just buy them on amazon, the kit looks flawless! Money ain't a problem too :D! great input though, i didn't know there was a vengeance kit like that on the market!

Both of those kits are 1.65v. I'm a nubie, but the manual that came with my board says to stay below 1.65 to protect the cpu. I'm looking for memory myself for the same config and have limited my search to 1.5v kits. Am I wrong?

corsair has a memory finder on their website that you can use to get compatible memory for your m/b...

I haven't had the chance to stress it much yet. I'm waiting for a HXi psu to arrive so I will finally be able to install the vid card. Running off an old psu and igp at the moment.

I forget that I did have one hiccup w/ the ram. I had left the room and came back to a powered down comp, but the ram lightbars were still on. Then noticed the ram had reverted back to default settings. Once I reset the XMP profile all has been good. Not entirely sure what would have caused it though.

Overall I don't think the OP should have any issues.

I just built a Z97 rig using Dominator 2133c9 1.5v. No issues at all in the month since slappin it together.

First, thanks for the input :) Second, it is a C9 kit which can behave differently from the C8 kit! Can performance difference be drastic between these two ?

CMD16GX3M4A2133C8

CMD16GX3M4A2133C9

timings are better on the C8, how does that transfer on gaming (evolve, rainbow six, gta etc etc ?!

Can performance difference be drastic between these two ?

CMD16GX3M4A2133C8

CMD16GX3M4A2133C9

timings are better on the C8, how does that transfer on gaming (evolve, rainbow six, gta etc etc ?!

For gaming probably nobody would be able to tell the difference at stock settings. However the overclocking potential of the two kits might be different.

For gaming probably nobody would be able to tell the difference at stock settings. However the overclocking potential of the two kits might be different.

thank for the input :) still haven't ordered yet.. gotta wait for ddr4 benchs to show up.. dat x99 :D

Both of those kits are 1.65v. I'm a nubie, but the manual that came with my board says to stay below 1.65 to protect the cpu. I'm looking for memory myself for the same config and have limited my search to 1.5v kits. Am I wrong?

1.65v is fine. Ran it on sandy, ivy, haswell, sandy e, and ivy e with heavy overclocking without issues. Man I go threw a lot of parts.

Archived