Corsair Community

H100i radiator cleaning

xclock

open 750D case today and found the fans had lots of thick black dust on the fins. cant beleave this fact if the case is completely close where the dust is coming from:mad: is there any way to clean the fans and the radiator itself. cleaning the radiator is really pain though.

If you can get this where you live...

http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-ED500-500-Watt-Electric/dp/B001J4ZOAW/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1403151301&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=computer+air+vaccu%2C

Its AMAZING

Also, maybe once a year, fully dissemble your entire computer and detail clean it with microfiber towels. you can lightly spray some water on the towels to get the dust to stick to the towel and come off the fans. I did this with my previous Antec 1200 when I had 15 fans in it. took me nearly all day to detail it.

I was thinking about taking whole thing off and get the radiator under running warm water :P Don't see any bad sides of not doing this, unless there are things that shouldnt get wet (of course not the CPU block to be washed, just radiator )

Although distilled water likely wouldn't hurt the rad if dried properly. It may cause the dust to stick to the fins. I'd just take it off and used compressed air / a fine bristle dry brush (nothing too stiff that will bend the fins) to clean it. That's how I clean my H110 and it works great.

My old computer was over 2 years old and when I opened it for a rebuild (into a 750 ) there was virtually no dust in it. I later discovered that this was down to having more fans pulling air in than out (positive pressure) and having filters on all the intake fans. I also had the cooling fan on the outside of my 80 mm water cooler, sucking air out through it. This meant that the small amount of dust that there was on the rad was easily brushed off, rather than having to take the fans off.

Archived