Corsair Community

Re-Size BAR for i7200 using Z490 motherboard with RTX 3090?

Hi,

It is my understanding that this should be possible. Can Corsair confirm that the Vengeance i7200 with RTX 3090 using the Z490 motherboard will receive an update to enable Re-Size BAR? And, if so, where will this update come from and when will it be available?

Thanks!

I see a BETA BIOS update from MSI here: https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z490-A-PRO

Can we apply this BIOS update to the i7200 RTX 3090 system? Or, should we expect this enablement to be done via an RTX driver from Nvidia?

You need resizable bar support in all layers; meaning mobo BIOS, GPU bios update, drivers update and so on. Windows 10 already have this support for a while.

I can't find V2.CO version on MSI BIOS page, so that suggest this is a customized BIOS from Corsair. I suspect we can only get validated BIOS updates from Corsair as it appears our systems are locked down to their custom BIOS.

Since that specific MSI BIOS with resizable bar support is in beta testing, we'll have to wait until MSI finish testing it, ship the stable BIOS update and then we wait for Corsair to finish testing it before they ship it.

At the same time, we need vBIOS update for our GPUs, it's not clear if this comes from Corsair or from your GPU card's maker.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the BIOS update from MSI has been officially released, so it isn't a beta anymore.

Corsair still has time to test and validate the bios since Nvidia is scheduled to release the drivers in March to enable the full support.

Finger crossed that we'll get the bios update around the same time.

Edited by mike_ttt
fix lack of emoji support

• 1 month later...
+1, I spent an hour trying to get M-Flash to see the BIOS updates only to find out that the BIOS is locked to Corsair releases only. I would very much like to see this update. It's part of unlocking the full power of my top-end Vengeance PC.

Corsair needs to step up and do better than this for sure.

I understand locking down for QA and warranty reasons but give us the option to opt out if you're not going to maintain decent updates. What are we going to do after warranty expires? It's a wall garden system. I should've done more research before I bought this.

I've paid a lot of money for this and frankly, I'm starting to regret it. Unless Corsair improves, I'll be removing it from my list of brands.

Edited by mike_ttt
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
I checked the downloads page, it's still 2CP; created back in Oct.

Where did you see there was a new BIOS update for Z490?

They're mistaking the a7200 BIOS update over the i7200. a7200 is AMD and i7200 is Intel. Choosing an AMD Ryzen CPU comes with a MSI B550-A Pro motherboard and choosing an Intel CPU comes with a MSI Z490-A Pro motherboard.

Edited by NPCNL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Hey Guys,

Please update your BIOs to the latest version. They should now have support for Resizable Bar. In order to utilize it, you will need to download and update the VBios from the GPU manufacturer's website as well as have the latest NVidia Drivers as well.

Hey Guys,

Please update your BIOs to the latest version. They should now have support for Resizable Bar. In order to utilize it, you will need to download and update the VBios from the GPU manufacturer's website as well as have the latest NVidia Drivers as well.

So the BIOS for the i7200 is updated for resizeable bar now? That is great news if true. I will definitely check it out tonight after work. It would be nice if Corsair would do a detailed video/walkthrough of exactly how to do this with links to i7200 BIOS because I for one have never flashed a motherboard BIOS or a GPU BIOS. That would be of great help to many of your customers myself included.

Thanks!

Just attempted to flash to 2CA as provided by the official page for my i7200 and ended up completely bricked couldn't boot into bios computer was resetting itself constantly. I had to manually reset the CMOS and was able to re-flash back to 2CV. Not sure what's going on but I'd proceed with caution before flashing this new bios.

Sorry you had issues, mine went without issue thank the Lord. First time ever doing it. I dowloaded the Bios file and extracted it to a nrwly formatted FAT32 thumb drive. I then booted into MSI Bios and plugged USB into a motherboard USB slot and clicked MFlash utility from Bios screen. I then selected my file on the thumb drive and it took about 5 min to update and restart. This was nerveracking waiting. It all did fine. I searched youtube for videos on msi mflash bios to help me prepare.

It would be very helpful if someone (from Corsair?) could post deep links to the latest BIOS versions here. I am unable to find one for the 10th Generation Intel family.

I posted a reply showing that it appears both 10th and 11th Gen Bios update files are the same. The links are in my post on this page:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=206387&page=2