Corsair Community

Unable to access MB or SATA BIOS on bootup

fredfish

Hi everyone,

My keyboard failed just before I left on a trip in September and I purchased a Corsair K95RGB before I left. I did not have time to set it up and test it before I left. I am back and I need to access the system BIOS on my motherboard and the BIOS on my SATA controller card. I spammed the DEL key and was unable to get to the MB BIOS. Rebooted and tried Ctrl-M (SATA card BIOS) and neither worked. This was done with both keyboard cables plugged into USB2.

I shutdown the computer and then connected the keyboard cable only to an USB3 plug on the MB. Rebooted tried the above again with the same results. My keyboard software version is 1.11.85 which I believe is the most recent.

If I us another keyboard I am able to access both BIOS but it is a pain to have to shutdown, swap keyboards, access the BIOS, shutdown and switch keyboards again. For what I paid for this keyboard is should work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I followed you instructions and they worked... to a point. I was able to access the MB bios but then the keyboard would not respond to any input. I tried it while the switch was set to "Bios", then to "1", etc. but the keyboard still would not respond.

Archived