Corsair Community

SSD Nightmare, RMA'd 2 Already.

Necric

Back in December last year I bought a Force 3 120gb. It ran great for 6 months, and then one day it wouldnt boot and windows nor my BIOS would recognise it. I RMA'd it and the second one they sent me lasted 2 or 3 months, then the same thing happened. I had indexing and defragging all off.

I finally sent that one back and now I just put in the 3rd one. Bios saw it, and tried to install windows on it and I said it had a partition error, so the installer attempted to format it and it still would not work. I rebooted and enabled AHCI mode and now the BIOS and windows do not see the drive what so ever. I've tried all kinds of BIOS settings, and sata ports. I just got this drive yesterday... what is going on?

motherboard: M4A87TD-EVO

• Corsair Employee
Try another cable and see if it is detected in the BIOS and then if its detected run Parted Magic and secure erase the drive. If that fails then Please contact our customer service and let them know the previous RMA# and you just got the drive and its failing they will take care of you.

I've tried multiple cables and ports. Same issue, I guess I can give them another call. Thanks for the reply.

Update: Tech support agent thinks that it might be a issue with my system and the controller the Force 3 uses, so they are sending me a GT model. Hopefully that will remedy the issue!

Archived