Corsair Community

[bug report] Firmware update stops at 3 %

Artur N.

I had this problem as well.

Stuck at 3%. I aborted, quit the CUE, did the whole permissions thing on the Corsair folder, then it got stuck at 5%.

Since I was using a USB 3.0, I only had 1 USB lead plugged in (as per Cosair's instructions).

Solved it by unplugging the KB and plugging both USB leads to USB 2.0 ports.

Then restarted the CUE, hit Update and it blew through.

Hopefully this helps!

I have this bug too, also tried to fix it by adjusting the permissions on the folder, without success. I only have 1 USB lead plugged into a USB 3.0 port. I don't have any USB 2.0 ports right now (GA-Z77X-UD3H), so I can't try what Balerathon did. Any other suggestions?

I have this bug too, also tried to fix it by adjusting the permissions on the folder, without success. I only have 1 USB lead plugged into a USB 3.0 port. I don't have any USB 2.0 ports right now (GA-Z77X-UD3H), so I can't try what Balerathon did. Any other suggestions?

Hey bud. Most BIOS (and I know yours does for certain (Z77X-D3H here)) allow you to disable USB 3.0. Try to do that, which will effectively turn all your USB 3.0 into 2.0 :)

There are also ways to turn 3.0 into 2.0 with drivers but I wouldn't go that route.

A quick google search will yield results.

Then just switch it back on.

Hope this helps!

Hey bud. Most BIOS (and I know yours does for certain (Z77X-D3H here)) allow you to disable USB 3.0. Try to do that, which will effectively turn all your USB 3.0 into 2.0 :)

Thanks for your advice. I indeed found a way to disable USB3.0 on my motherboard. After I disabled USB3.0, I checked the permissions of the Corsair folder as suggested in the FAQ, then I unplugged my keyboard and plugged in the cable with the arrows first, followed by the one with the keyboard. Just to be sure I did another restart and then tried to update the firmware again. This time I got stuck at 10%, after 10 minutes I gave up again.

Any other ideas? :(

Archived