Corsair Community

Looking for SP140 fans without LEDs

Hizeen

Was looking into upgrading my front case fan to a SP140 but could only find the versions with LEDs. Does Corsair make the version like the SP120 with the color ring as well?

if you're using it as a front case fan you really don't need SP as this are meant for static pressure to use on heatsinks and radiators. I don't think corsair makes 140mm for SP.

they do make the AF140 quiet edition that comes with the rings and should serve you well.

http://www.corsair.com/en/air-series-af140-quiet-edition-high-airflow-140mm-fan

• 3 months later...
We don't offer a 140mm non-LED SP fan, but if you're just using it as a case fan, the 140mm AF fan will certainly do just fine.

Any talk about offering us some SP140 Non-LED fans in the future? I'd love to add some SP140 PWM fans to my front radiator for a push/pull and configure with Corsair Link.

http://cdn.overclock.net/2/2f/900x900px-LL-2f735bd2_1_18_15SizeView.jpeg

You need to look to another vendor. There are plenty available.

The world is full of 120mm fans of all varieties. You can have your pick there. The variance in 140mm fans is much smaller. Most of are designed to be quieter, lower RPM options compared to a 120mm fan. Since static pressure is a function of RPM, you are going to see lower stats compared to higher revving 120mm models. When looking at 140mm static pressure fans, anything with 1.2mm of H20 rating or higher is going to be your SP group. Fans with a pressure rating below 1 are for air flow duty only. Make sure you are comparing max rpm analyzing fans. A 2.8mm number is worthless if you have no intention of running the fan at 1800 rpm.

A better idea is to look at the fans blades themselves. Any model with a flatter, broad blade and less space between the blades, will provide a more focused air flow. Better for pushing through drive cages or targeting a specific component. Fans with very skinny blades and lots of space are designed to spray air over a larger area. Pick the type you need and remember given stats are for max rpm -- a place you are not likely to be at. Differences are generally smaller at 50%.

• 4 months later...

Similarly to OP, I'd be delighted if Corsair could bring the following to market (as it does not seem to exist at present):

**Non-LED SP140 Quiet Edition**

I'm looking for an aesthetic that matches the non-LED AF140 Quiet Edition (plus the non-LED SP120 QE and AF120 QE).

I'm hopeful that this can can happen, given that, at time of witing, Corsair now have three AIO coolers with 280mm radiators in their line-up.

At present, I'm seriously considering attaching 2 x AF140 Quiet Editions to an H110 and seeing if the results are acceptable on an old non-overclocked Intel i7-880 CPU. (I understand this is not recommended, but hey ho.)

Archived