Corsair Community

Brown (or Blue) switches when? Need Tenkeyless

Zyrael

So I have a RGB K95 with Brown switches. I can honestly say (and have said on numerous venues) that is my favorite keyboard I've ever owned. Not even nostalgia filter about the Model M beats the K95.

But I'm getting a bit older, and with that come some aches and pains. I've tried to maximize ergonomics in any way I can, but I'm still getting some soreness in my arms. I'd like to go Tenkeyless, as I've seen a throng of reviews and posts expounding it's ergonomic virtues.

The K65 shares all the features I love about my K95. Aluminum body, open face design for easy cleaning, excellent media controls, and it's offered in an RGB variety... but Red switches? ONLY Red switches? This seems a glaring issue.

However you slice it Tenkeyless is a growing segment of the Mechanical Keyboard market, a market who's foundation principals are high performance and user choice of switches.

The K65 could have a solid gold version come out, but I'm not typing on Red switches again.

It's been quite awhile, is there ANY hope I can continue enjoying the Corsair quality I love, the Brown switches I adore, and the Tenkeyless design I need?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am in, at the moment they release one with blue MX, I will buy two, one for home, one for the office.:D:

Here here. I'll one up you. I'd EASILY buy 3. One for home, one for work, one for the wife. And I'm not picky. I prefer Brown, but I'll take Blue.

• Corsair Employee
So I have a RGB K95 with Brown switches. I can honestly say (and have said on numerous venues) that is my favorite keyboard I've ever owned. Not even nostalgia filter about the Model M beats the K95.

But I'm getting a bit older, and with that come some aches and pains. I've tried to maximize ergonomics in any way I can, but I'm still getting some soreness in my arms. I'd like to go Tenkeyless, as I've seen a throng of reviews and posts expounding it's ergonomic virtues.

The K65 shares all the features I love about my K95. Aluminum body, open face design for easy cleaning, excellent media controls, and it's offered in an RGB variety... but Red switches? ONLY Red switches? This seems a glaring issue.

However you slice it Tenkeyless is a growing segment of the Mechanical Keyboard market, a market who's foundation principals are high performance and user choice of switches.

The K65 could have a solid gold version come out, but I'm not typing on Red switches again.

It's been quite awhile, is there ANY hope I can continue enjoying the Corsair quality I love, the Brown switches I adore, and the Tenkeyless design I need?

Remember? We listen! That's all I can say..

• 1 year later...
Everything has basically been covered by Zyrael. Brown switches are the best all around switch in my opinion, and the tenkeyless form factor has valid ergonomic advantages. The red switches are targeted towards gamers, but gamers more often than not need the keypad to play certain games! So why put switches for gamers on a keyboard that is not for gamers?? Corsair seems to have misplaced their marketing efforts on this product line. Hopefully they'll figure it out so that we can give them our money.

As long as they were of equal or better quality, I'd be ok with Corsair sourcing switches from another manufacturer other than Cherry. It would be nice not to have to wait/hunt/snipe for a keyboard with the switch type you prefer.

Corsair no doubt are one of the best manufacturers with the open key design that I love but the only reason I don't have a K65 is literally because they only come with red switches. I can stand them but I prefer the MX Blues.

If Corsair did decide to manufacture an MX Brown/Blue variant of the K65 it would, hands down, be the best tenkeyless keyboard on the market. I think Corsair are missing out on a few customers here.

Archived