Corsair Community

H100i High Pitch Pump Noise

_blowsie

I am aware that there are other posts on this matter. However I think I have tried all of the solutions advised.

So for the benefit of other users I will list out everything I been suggested to do from other posts.

• Change the stock fans - (Changed to SP120 - with and without the resistors)
  • Unplug the fans from the pump - (And plug them in at another location)
  • Unplug the fans altogether -(just temporarily for a test)
  • Update the firmware - (Im using the latest)
  • Make sure the power connector is using its own lead from the PSU - (with no other hardware on the same cable)
  • Change the USB port the pump is connected to
  • Gently Tap / Knock the pump - (and it may sort itself out)
  • Give the pump a few hours to settle in - (I left the machine running for 5 days)
  • Try with and without the Link2 Software

After trying all of the above. The noise still persists and I'm exhausted for ideas and pulling my pc apart every night!

Are there any other known solutions to the problem?

If not, if I create an RMA, will I just get given another cooling unit and be stuck with the same issue?

I would like to add I have got the H100i unit that was shipping with 4 pin Fans.

This unit so far has been a bit of a dissapointment for me as I only purchased it as I was aiming for a silent build pc. The noise of this pump overpowers the noise of all of the fans by far.

I'm willing to provide any other information / videos and do any other further testing.

Any solutions / suggestions from users / corsair would be greatly appreciated.

looks like i am in the same boat as you.

the rma process requires you to send back the unit first.

I think i will just go back to air cooling for my new pc built last week to replace the 7 year old core2duo. than taking the chance with my money on shipping this back.

AIO sounds cool but when getting a lemon, the noise is just unbearable, so disappointed.

looks like i am in the same boat as you.

the rma process requires you to send back the unit first.

I think i will just go back to air cooling for my new pc built last week to replace the 7 year old core2duo. than taking the chance with my money on shipping this back.

AIO sounds cool but when getting a lemon, the noise is just unbearable, so disappointed.

you can call and request the new cooler be sent first,they will need a c.c, pmt.till the old ones arrives

in that case i will update my ticket to get this sorted.

once you call and tell them ,they usually ship immediately and delivery is usually 5-7 days if within the continental usa.

you can check on order status from their web

• 3 weeks later...

So... I just received the replacement cooler, spent the time fitting it and i still have the same issue.

Losing hope in this cooler now. Feel like I haven't got what I paid for. Does corsair offer any form of refund in this situation?

• Corsair Employee
Is the noise similar to the first unit? If the noise persist even with the fans not being connected to the pump then it must be coming from the pump itself. How long have you been running the replacement? the reason why I ask is, because in some cases, high pitch noise is somehow present during the first couple of days upon installation and would gradually disappear over time. Some might say that, you just have to break it in before it reaches optimal performance. Otherwise, you can post your ticket # and I set up an Express RMA at our own expense.

The noise is almost identical, although not quite as loud as the previous unit.

The pc ontime has been about 72 hours+ , since I fitted the replacement unit.

My RMA number is #6004614.

What do you mean by set up an express RMA?

Hey guys my rma got approved for my 100i too. I got all the info but my question is do I have to send all the parts including the original box or can I just send in the cooler itself?

you will need to send everything back,cooler,fans ect... but not necessarily in the original box but you are responsible for adequately packing the old cooler of course...

• Corsair Employee
@RAM GUY.

I have already made an express RMA at my expense. I need to pay to ship your unit back to you :(.

Back to my initial question.

Does corsair offer any form of refund in this situation?

You will need to cover one way shipment. You can always call our customer service to discuss these matters and maybe there is another way to sort this out.

no one likes to pay shipping but its an accepted practice of most businesses

Id find it more acceptable if it was a genuine fault and not a known issue with the product. And after replacing the unit I have the same issue.

Looks like I'm stuck with a noisy £100 cooler that was designed to make my pc more silent that the stock cooler fan.

Apart from the nice quick responses for the support guys, I'm overall very disappointed. :[pouts:

I purchased the product 6 days before my initial post.

I phones customer service and they have offered to collect the unit. Which is good because the Post Office wanted £40 to send it back to the Netherlands. But still I'm stuck with a noisy pc :(.

Archived