Corsair Community

Bad Vengeance memory "cover"

Rad

So i have Corsair Vengeance now its been working ok but till now.

the cheap *** memory cover that you would call a cooler has just come off and as it hit and lad on the my Graphics Card now seems that its ****ed up my Card, what cheap *** **** is Corsair making nowadays

im not happy at all

would have been in 18.5.11 for £130 just for Double Sided tape..

i would think twice be for buying them knowing now how bad they are made so Corsair why did you change the memory cover from Dominator to this cheap ****.?

I have the same problem with my 2 new Vengeance modules. I was working in my case doing some cable management and I noticed that the heat sink didn't look right. Upon removing the modules for inspection, I noticed they literally came apart in my hands. The flimsy, double-sided tape apparently did not have enough "sticky" to stay on the modules. This was not my fault and was certainly not intentional. Like the OP, I am beyond angry.

Looks to me like it was pulled off, can't see that super light very thin piece of tin or aluminum whichever it is, how it weighs enough to rip that tape.

If it fell off the tape would have been left fully intact on the memory stick itself or the heat spreader one or the other, no way it tear it like it is in the picture leaving parts of it on both. Torn out not down, sorry nope just can't see it going down like that.

Looks to me like it was pulled off, can't see that supper light very thin piece of tin or aluminum whichever it is, how it weighs enough to rip that tape.

If it fell off the tape would have been left fully intact on the memory stick itself or the heat spreader one or the other, no way it tear it like it is in the picture leaving parts of it on both. Torn out not down, sorry nope just can't see it going down like that.

I agree with Danr1 it looks like it was purposely removed. unless a lot of voltage was given to it therefore reducing the stickiness and it falling apart. although i don't get why it would damage the HD6990. which brings me another point where the 6990 has a backplate. the OP will NEED to do some explaining. unless this is not true...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I can attest to this issue. I purchased cmz8gx3m2a1600c8r from new egg to run in an ASUS M4A89GTD PRO. I looked and saw that this memory is not tested by asus for use in their board, and corsair does not have it listed as tested in the asus board. The literature on the corsair site said that it is for AMD and Intel cpus and will run in any mainboard that has DDR3 compatibility.

The first set I had (mentioned above) after 3 inserts and removes of the ram the heatsinks felt loose and cheaply designed. I could not get this ram to run stable. I tried memory timing changes... one stick passed memtest, the other one would fail at random tests. so I RMA'd it and got another 8gb kit. again the aluminum "heatsink" felt loose after another round of memory problems but this time with both sticks it would either fail at 97-99 percent or around 20 percent, different points each time....

So... I thought it was the mainboard then... but just to make sure I took some other DDR3 (XMS-1600) out of my production machine and it booted up the first try, reset defaults, rebooted and memtest made 5 passes with no issues...

I am not today sending back this memory in a second RMA process. I hope its not a bad batch of ram. Im not overclocking and using allthe default values.

How can I have corsair test this memory against a M4A89GTD Pro. Maybe its not as compatible with all DDR3 boards that was stated...

and yeah the heatsink came off the ones I am sending back too. my heatsink tape is not even ripped or torn... it looks just like bad adhesion... or there is some oil or some other residue preventing the sticky from happening.

If the third kit does not work I will definitely not have as much faith in corsair as I used to. I realize its an untested mainboard/memory combo, but I should not have post freezeups/random memtest fails and reboots while still in the bios. and fighting with the MEM'OK light button to get the memory to post (when it randomly does not want to). with non-vengence ram in there it ran like a champ... can someone investigate?

Archived