Corsair Community

MAXIMUM Fans No Strips

Paul S

Yea that is the box all my leds are plugged into, you can get them in the 3 packs of fans if you order them with the controller. The 3 packs of 120mm HD fans and I think the dual packs of 140mm hd fans can be ordered with the controller. The light loop fans if ordered in multi pack come with a node pro which is kinda stupid when you dont want anymore and just want a 3 pack of fans.

Very silly yes agreed, so you need a mountain of wiring 2 boxes and 2 power plugs (usb and sata) they should have made one single box that controls 12 fans. corsair never seem to make things straight forward. this is going to cost a fortune to fill my thermaltake tower 900 case, this thing holds 21x140mm fans when the radiators are fitted.

heres how mine is set up buddy... may help you visualise it all...

rccyGXj.jpg

you could plug the 2 RGB Fan LED hubs into the node pro rather than the strips.. wouldnt need the Commander pro then.. but not channels left for strips as well as no way to control rpm of fans in CLink.

Thank you for this excellent diagram, really shows me how things work! i will leave the fan speeds up to the motherboard as it has it's own separate sensors (Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5) so i could add Just 2 node boxes 1 for 12 fans and 1 box for 8 led strips on the same pc?

would need 2 node pro's to do it your way buddy.. 1 with 8 strips and 1 with 2 RGB fan LED hubs plugged in (each RGB Fan LED hub can do the led control of up to 6 fans)

personally i recommend the Commander pro for RPM control rather than your motherboard ;).. will allow you to control everything from Corsair Link....

• 3 months later...

I googled and found this thread with the diagram which really helps to illustrate how much of a mess of wires this is going to be. I really would have liked a way to daisy chain fans together and avoid the mess of wires but what really has me turned off on the RGB fans is the sheer amount of money it's going to cost me.

I need 11 fans in my case and would have loved to fill it with RGB fans but the cost is going to be well over $500 (3 x 120mm 3 fan kits, a 140mm 2 fan kit and a commander pro to control it all). It's insane. I'm just going to go with a different solution.

You do not need everything to be a kit.

Depending on your mix of LL/HD/ML, you may only need 2 kits. CoPro is optional and not required to control the lighting. Most motherboards have enough fan headers (especially X99's) to power/control that number of fans.

Wiring is definitely a challenge but there are ways that it can be made better if you're handy with a wire cutter, stripper and crimper. See the link in my signature for details on how to do that.

Archived