Corsair Community

TX750 V2 - Fan NOT spinning

MacNB

Testing my new build (Corsair PSU, Corsair RAM,Corsair H100i, Gigabye Z77X-UP5-TH).

Running Fedora Live 17.

Ran MPRIME stress test.

All cores maxed out at 100% (around 48 deg C) running at 3.50 Ghz (NOT overclocked).

The TX750 PSU fan is OFF.

I know this PSU has a fanless mode BUT when all four cores are running full blast, surely that must demand more the PSU and turn the FAN on ? :confused:

At what load should the fan turn ON ?

Is the PSU faulty ?

I know this PSU has a fanless mode BUT when all four cores are running full blast, surely that must demand more the PSU and turn the FAN on ?

At what load should the fan turn ON ?

Is the PSU faulty

?

It's actually a combination of temp and load, so it MAY be normal for your machine.

I'm not entirely convinced that in your case this is normal, I would let RamGuy see what he thinks.

When running Mprime how hot is the PSU?

When running Mprime how hot is the PSU?

Barely warm when I touch it on the top (almost cool).

One environment factor I did not mention is that I am running the rig with open case - i.e. no sides at all. That probably makes the system cooler overall.

Would that make a difference ?

• Corsair Employee
One environment factor I did not mention is that I am running the rig with open case - i.e. no sides at all. That probably makes the system cooler overall.

Absolutely, it does make a difference.

Does the fan run max during boot? and what is your ambient temp?

Does the fan run max during boot? and what is your ambient temp?
Nope does not spin-up on power-up. I disconnected the mains, switched it off. Waited 10 minutes. Plugged the mains lead back in, switched it on at the PSU switch, and pressed the motherboard power switch. Motherboard powers on, does it POST and boots (Linux off a USB Stick).

But the PSU fan never came on.

I have only the motherboard and the H100i plugged into the PSU (i.e. there are no other peripherals connected to the PSU)

Ambient temp is around 23 deg C.

I am using only the onboard (integrated Intel HD 4000) graphics.

But the fan should turn on when I switch on the system - should it not ?

Is this something I should worry about or just monitor the function of the PSU ?

• Corsair Employee
Normally they will turn on at start up, but I woudld try and load the system as previously described with a PCI-E Graphics card that connects to the PSU and run 3D Mark and Prime95 where you can watch the fan it should turn on every 5-10 Min. if not then please request an RMA and we can try and replace it.

so I left the rig running prime over night.

This morning noticed that the PSU fan was running for a few minutes and then switched off.

It came back on and off (randomly - or related to the load on teh CPU I could not tell).

So the fan does spin - the only thing I cannot tell is if it turning on when it supposed.

I shutdown the system, removed the power cord, waited a few minutes, plugged the power cord and switched on the system.

The fan does not spin on power up.

I tried this several times and the fan never spins up on power-up.

Is there any other test I can do or is this PSU faulty ?

• Corsair Employee
If the fan was spinning at any point then your PSU is fine, there is no way you can test the PSU other than what I have posted. Thre is no reason to replace the PSU from what you have posted but I do not object if you want to submit an RMA and have it replaced.

• 11 months later...

seriously ?

i just bought a new tx750 ( mine is 3 years old and fan spin all the time) for a friend ...

and i test the machine (whole new pc) and corsair fan doesn't start .

i didn't install windows cause i was scared .

do you really suggest me to use it ?

the manual shouldn't mention this new feature ?

ambient temp ~20C

after how long running prime should i expect a movement ?

psu shouldn't start the fan during boot ???

if they desing it not to start ... it's a big mistake !

you could never understand if fan fails ..

30min running prime ... nothing happens ... and still cold body !

Your system even running p95 isn't coming close to stressing that PSU. That is a testament to how efficient they are and that the fan is not needed.

Also P95 may not be enough of a load on the PSU, it's a load on your CPU, but not the PSU so run BOTH P95 AND Furmark at the same time. That should use enough power to heat the PSU up to a point to where the fan kicks in.

psu shouldn't start the fan during boot ???

if they desing it not to start ... it's a big mistake !

These PSU were specifically designed to be fanless when not needed. Didn't you read the product description before you bought it?

still i believe that the fan should spin during boot ....

i believe corsair should correct it !

yes i see the charts ... it needs over 200watt to start spining ... and with ivy cpu's full stressed ... i got only 45w from cpu ... only with vga stress i could see a result !

Archived