Corsair Community

Wont work

m1ka

Hi,

Last night I bumped my keyboard (K70) cords and the backlighting turned off. This has happened before so I unplugged and replugged both of the USB cables a few times, my mouse (Razer Taipan) which is plugged into the back of the keyboard still worked through the keyboard however the actual keyboard itself is still not working.

Fast forward to the next morning the keyboard doesn't even turn on, however the mouse still works when plugged into it. It's definitely not my computer because I plugged in my dads old HP keyboard in and it worked, and I plugged the K70 into his desktop and it didn't work.

I've already tried re-installing CUE but I still have the same problem, I've tried restarting and using my keyboard on the modes that are on the back (1, 2, 3, 4, BIOS), I have no idea what they're there for though.

If anyone can help that would be great, thanks.

m1ka

It is possible the wiring could be bad. Corsair provides a two year warranty for their keyboards, you can request an RMA to replace the keyboard. Otherwise, if the warranty has expired. You could look in to the issue e.g. something may have disconnected inside the keyboard.

https://support.corsair.com/

The pass through port will continue to work as it is a separate connection.

Archived