Corsair Community

Corsair RM850 not working

eagle_3ye3

So i bought this corsair RM850 on 3 feb 2014 and received all my parts and pus on 20th feb- after installing everything an checking every single wire multiple times- the pus don't power (making tick noise once and then nothing) fans, cooling system graphic card nothing is working at all - tried fan test as suggested by corsair in youtube video - but psu fails and make same click noise once and then nothing.

i have recipt and everything.

*tested all parts with other corsair RM850 psu which i borrowed from my friend ( used all the wires from my psu to see if its a wire fault but NO all worked fine using my Wires and my friends psu ) making it clear that psu itself is faulty.

* now trying to call corsair but office closed on monday - opened RMA as well.

So i bought this corsair RM850 on 3 feb 2014 and received all my parts and pus on 20th feb- after installing everything an checking every single wire multiple times- the pus don't power (making tick noise once and then nothing) fans, cooling system graphic card nothing is working at all - tried fan test as suggested by corsair in youtube video - but psu fails and make same click noise once and then nothing.

i have recipt and everything.

*tested all parts with other corsair RM850 psu which i borrowed from my friend ( used all the wires from my psu to see if its a wire fault but NO all worked fine using my Wires and my friends psu ) making it clear that psu itself is faulty.

* now trying to call corsair but office closed on monday - opened RMA as well.

Just a thought, I had the same issue when I was using one power cord with Y splitter for duel power plug video card. I went to two separate cords, one for each power connector on video card. This worked for me.

Corsair is not closed on Monday.

You're in Ireland. Corsair is in California. Take into consideration time zone differences.

Also, you don't have to call. You can always just open up a ticket:

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

Thanks for reply - & yes i was wrong with the timing :) & just sent the psu back by Express RMA..

Staff is like Great here :)

Archived