Corsair Community

How do i return faulty memory?

borley1863

Hi i had a pc built last year with 2x4GB modules CMX4GX3M2A1600C9, i recently bought another pair same latency etc. I have found that the pr i got with the pc are faulty using mem86+, the new ones are fine, how do i return these, i live in the UK.

I think i did ask a while back and something about an RMA code or something.

Anyway any help apreciated.

Thanks

Well i signed up for an account and went through the process again and it seem to do the same when you submit it doesn't go to another screen so doesn't realy confirm it.

So i now have 2 case numbers, doe sit matter what one i use, i haven't had a confirmation email yet.

thanks

Hi, borley,

sorry Corsair is closed on the weekends so you probably wont get a response untill then. However, if you do not hear back by then i would contact CS by phone on monday with your first case number and go from there. Sometimes the e-mails end up in the spam/junk folder and sometimes they are slow to generate.

are you mixing the 2 kits? that may never work together even if the version is the same.

also did you reset the bios to defaults when testing the other set? try 1 stick at a time in the proper slot and reset the bios in between stick tests. its important.

Hi Ram Guy i still didn't get any emails i have 2 numbers: 2715620 and 2715633 thanks

Synthohol hi, no these are faulty modules i have tried all modules seperatley these ones that came with my overclocked machine are both faulty, i have now 2 sets of the same memory but diff versions from the faulty ones and tested individouly and together are fine. these ones are all 8.16 ver where the faulty ones are 2.3 ver.

Thanks again

borley

sorry im a bit confused, you said the faulty ones and tested individouly and together are fine. its confusing. did you reset the bios to defaults when testing the other set? try 1 stick at a time in the proper slot and reset the bios in between stick tests. its important.

sorry im a bit confused, you said the faulty ones and tested individouly and together are fine. its confusing. did you reset the bios to defaults when testing the other set? try 1 stick at a time in the proper slot and reset the bios in between stick tests. its important.

Hi sorry for the conusion.

I bought a mid end custom pc which had 4GB 2x2gb modules CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 2.3 ver.

I thought i would like 8GB as Battlefield 3 had come out and seemed memory hungry.

So i bought the same spec modules 2x2gb but they were 8.16 ver, at this point i didn't relise the ver 2.3 were faulty and i didn't mix the modules.

I thought i think i will test all the modules as i had been reading up on memory using memtest and both 2.3ver modules gave me errors in 30secs of testing!

So i took them out and was back to 4gbver8.6, so anyway i bought another pair from the same vendor and they are the same version 8.16 and also no problems so i now have 4x2gb modules (8gb) 8.16 ver wornking fine and want to return the 2.3 version i know i can't fit the replacements as i now have no slots left but i can either keep as an emergency spare or resell.

Thanks

Guy

Yeah wired i did disable legacy support they are deffintly faulty, at this rate i will bin them, i had two numbers no email from corsair and ram guy said he would look into it but nothing for 5 days i will have to keep posting until someone takes me seriously.

• Corsair Employee
borley1863 Yeah wired i did disable legacy support they are deffintly faulty, at this rate i will bin them, i had two numbers no email from corsair and ram guy said he would look into it but nothing for 5 days i will have to keep posting until someone takes me seriously.

A: You just posted the number yesterday morning and there is no information entered on these cases so they are not valid. You will either need to log back into one of those cases and complete the RMA form with your Full name address and phone number or create a new case and complete the form..

• Corsair Employee

I can see you logged back in the case but there is no name address or phone number linked to these cases so there is no way we can process them.

Please use the link on the left and fill out a new request and you have to fill in your full name email address and shipping address and phone number.

Archived