The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-24-2015, 11:33 PM
DGmustard's PC Specs

POST ID # = 774939
DGmustard Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
I'd be interested in hearing from people who previously had Steam issues.
So far so good. Both Kodi and Steam no longer freeze CUE.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:53 PM

POST ID # = 774946
t3hlazy1 Reputation: 10

As a user who has complained here in the past, I just wanted to post and say that I am enjoying the patch. I look forward to the future profiles that make better use of the gradient feature that wasn't working too great before.

Old 04-25-2015, 12:36 AM

POST ID # = 774954
DigsRGBs Reputation: 10

I had the same problem, except I had to do a System Restore in order to uninstall the old CUE so I could install the new CUE.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:20 AM
Whine Connaisseur
Rentapest's PC Specs

POST ID # = 774960
Rentapest Reputation: 10

Another update, and still no fix for the long-overdue bugged lighting animations.

Since updating from 1.3.70 I have been unable to use ANY lighting profiles that have any animations in them! This happens even after a completely fresh installation of the new software, and re-importing all the profiles again.

Why is this not fixed? Better yet, why is there no download for the last known working version 1.3.70?? ( http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=136256 )

I am pretty disgusted at the lack of support for this tbh! I have posted in EVERY update release since 1.3.70 about this issue and had NO fix yet.

Old 04-25-2015, 02:11 AM

POST ID # = 774969
chrisgzy Reputation: 10

Congrats! I can verify that the 16.8m color stepping issue is fixed, although it flickers (which is a hardware limitation). The DirectInput/HID freezing issue is also gone. Hopefully my code snippet helped to fix this! Before it would freeze half way through the first channel, now it completes very fast and handles queuing appropriately (if a major change was to go to asynchronous).

Although the hardware issue is a bummer, good work!

Old 04-25-2015, 04:01 AM
digitalphy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 774992
digitalphy Reputation: 10
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Make sure there is no overlay. If it still occurs, re-flash the FW and delete all your settings.
I can't re flash as CUE say's I have the latest version already, I have made a new profile with just the scroll lock key and guess what.. if I set the colour of Scroll lock to green I get no colour (Black) on scroll lock and the other keys around it (F12, Prt scn, back space, pause, insert, home, page up, delete, end, page down) turn green getting dimmer further from the scroll lock it go's with just barely seeing the green on the return key. plus the 1, S, Z & Alt key's are a dim green others keys are black as it is light properly be some more keys that's very dim green in the dark. Ill take a few pictures later and post.
With the standard settings (rainbow wave) still the scroll doesn't go green only "red pink purple and blue" setting it white it turns bright pink.

Happy with the new updates so far no lighting freezing up on steam, gaming or the Caps, Scroll, Num lock key's.

We're getting their Corsair
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0379.jpg (751.9 KB, 285 views)

Last edited by digitalphy; 04-26-2015 at 12:42 AM.

Old 04-25-2015, 04:38 AM
Strobeflux's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775001
Strobeflux Reputation: 10

Since the new Firmware and CUE Update, Macrobuttons are no longer working for me.
As in, they can trigger light effects, but no longer do actions like keystrokes or mouse button presses.

Fixed: A reboot fixed it.

Last edited by Strobeflux; 04-25-2015 at 05:01 AM.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:41 AM
emub's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775018
emub Reputation: 10

Anyone rebooted their system yet? Everything was working fine post installation, however windows no longer boots after I restarted my pic somewhat later.

Update: Clarification of "Windows does not boot" After bios post has completed where you would expect to see the windows logo appear, nothing happens, All I see is a flashing cursor.
Update2: Very strange, finally got into windows, had to remove keyboard cold boot the PC, once in windows plug the keyboard back in.
Update3: Restarts and Boots now load windows fine now, very strange.

Last edited by emub; 04-25-2015 at 05:55 AM.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:55 AM
K70 RGB MX Brown <3
St3v3oh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775026
St3v3oh Reputation: 11

Installed it yesterday - loaded up the default rainbow effect. SWEET LORD JESUS ITS SO SMOOTH. Didn't lock up at steam start. Now I only have to figure out how to make it switch profiles on start of csgo and I'm golden. This fix took a while but goddamn this is seriously the best RGB keyboard out there. Brilliant job.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:14 AM

POST ID # = 775030
jazzy348 Reputation: 10

When I try and update the firmware it asks for the file.. Searched around for a bit and can't find it... Any ideas?

Old 04-25-2015, 07:55 AM
RetrogamerX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775039
RetrogamerX Reputation: 11

Just updated now and all is running butter smooth. No freezes either!

Does the happy dance

Nice Job, your on the right course Corsair!

Cheers!

Old 04-25-2015, 08:39 AM
Radiance's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775060
Radiance Reputation: 10

Just registered to say that everything's working great for me too. Steam doesn't get hanged anymore, and games like TF2 and GTA V don't freeze the LEDs anymore. With these issues fixed, and the full 16.8 million colours, it's looking like pretty smooth sailing from here.

As for the flickering issues, I can't say I've seen much of it. Maybe my profiles just aren't complex enough to cause it.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:33 AM
robztr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775079
robztr Reputation: 10

I just saw that when i reboot now the keyboard is all black until i get back to windows then the it loads the profile.
Before it loaded the profile that was saved to device during boot.
Just wondering if this is something they implemented with new update?

Old 04-25-2015, 11:01 AM
RetrogamerX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775097
RetrogamerX Reputation: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by robztr View Post
I just saw that when i reboot now the keyboard is all black until i get back to windows then the it loads the profile.
This doesn't happen to me. Must be something on your end.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:18 AM
βetα Nayn Cat

POST ID # = 775109
Inheritance Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicXVe View Post
It seemed to have uninstalled the previous software and drivers first, so I tried reinstalling the previous version and got the same error in the same step. After rebooting, it didn't even get to that point. The installer failed immediately. I changed the install directory to C:\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\ instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\ and it worked flawlessly. I'm hoping this is just a side effect of being on an unstable build of Windows 10, that's just bizarre.

Everything's working now, thankfully.
Window 10 isnt a supported OS so there may be issues installing or using CUE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentapest View Post
Another update, and still no fix for the long-overdue bugged lighting animations.

Since updating from 1.3.70 I have been unable to use ANY lighting profiles that have any animations in them! This happens even after a completely fresh installation of the new software, and re-importing all the profiles again.

Why is this not fixed? Better yet, why is there no download for the last known working version 1.3.70?? ( http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=136256 )

I am pretty disgusted at the lack of support for this tbh! I have posted in EVERY update release since 1.3.70 about this issue and had NO fix yet.
1.3.70 is out of date and contained a lot of bugs. There have been no reports of issues with using all lighting effects other than from you. Contact Corsair Support to see if they can fix it.

If you are disgusted you can always return the keyboard by contacting Corsair at KBinquiries@corsair.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by robztr View Post
Try resaving the profile to device memory.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Closed Thread