Corsair Community

Question: How to Change H80i/H100i Pump Speed?

turkmavzeri

Hi everybody,

Last week i bougth Corsair H80i cooler, and i use latest firmware and corsair link software (f: v1.05 - soft: 2.3.4816).

The software show fixed pump noise: like 2175rpm(with 2 rpm divider).

We can change fan speeds but not able to change pump speed. My cpu run in 32degree, and it not need high pump speed because a little pump noise it generates(with a quiet pc).

How we change pump speed with corsair software or corsair publish new software about that?

Thanks

you cAntec. and most of the noise is probably coming from the fans not the pump

ok wtf apperantly i typed you cAntec. and it changed it to you cAntec. LOL i dont know how to fix it...oh well

CAntec.

C A N T . . .

typing cant and three "." after it does not work apperantly :(

cAntec

cant.

hmm actually just takes 2 "."...weird

http://www.pcper.com/files/review/2013-01-06/02-electronics-plate-naked.jpg

and so anyone know any pump controller chip exist in above cooler board? I think if a pump speed controller exist like fan rpm controller, new link software may use it?

• Corsair Employee
The only way to change the pump speed at this time is through voltage. This will also effect all other systems connected to the pump head and is not advised. A future update of the software will not give you pump speed control of the H80i or H100i.

i understand you but i think that in idle desktop mode the pc-cpu heat is between 30-40 degree and i control all fans with ASUS AIsuite and so it is very quiet pc, but pump motor have a little whistling.

The software can control pump speed automaticaly with reference of cpu temperature and it will become safe :D

The power supply not a 3 or 4 pin, it is sata power and I'm not want insert a resistance on the power line.

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/12054621/img/RIVE-Build/1-Attach-H80i-HeatSink1.jpg

good desing and software but one missing feature!

And the latest, Corsair will sell new cpu water cooling with fan and pump control feature.

The thing is the pump doesn't even support pump variation speeds... So even if a later version of link came out you would need to get a new pump... Sorry but its highly not recommended to change pump speed it could kill the pump or even make it louder

• 1 year later...

I have been operating my Corsair H80i CoolIT pump at variable speed for over two years now. Never any problem with it at all. While the pump is the quietest I have heard even running at a full ~2200 rpm it still produces a high pitched whine which I found annoying in my HTPC setup. Since I have used SpeedFan for fan control for years, I just modified the pump header to run its power and rpm leads to a MB PWM header. I have the pump set to drop down to ~450 rpm at idle and ramp up as the load demands. After replacing the stock H80i fans (or sirens) with a Noctua PWM fan the whole rig is silent at idle and VERY quiet even at full load transcoding video at 4.6 GHz. Perhaps this is illegal or immoral but it has given me two years and counting of faultless performance and I have not reason to believe that it won't continue.

The CoolIT pump is a centifugal design and, as such, operates much like a fan. This PWM fan just pumps water rather than air. While it no doubt looses volumetric efficiency at low rpm the H80i system is so efficient that it is of no consequence.

any spinning apparatus has a sweet spot where efficiency and durability co-exist and going out of this sweet spot can produce many side effects,in the case of lowering a hydros designed rpm which can affect longevity,,cooling ability,noise level among others.

there will be mixed results among users when changing rpm's but in the end for all,lifespan is reduced...

• 9 months later...
Do. NOT. Run the H80i at anything less than full speed, let alone any kind of variable speed.

It was designed this way for a reason.

What about H80i GT?

H80i GT can modulate the pump speed from 1800rpm to 3000rpm.

Can I do it via motherboard with something like Asus qfan?

Pump at 3000rpm is too loud for my taste.

With the H80i GT, you can only change the pump speed through Corsair Link. The header the H80i GT is connected to MUST receive the full 12V, otherwise the pump and fans can behave erratically as they're not being fed enough power.

Let's talk clearly. A pump works like a fan and there is no reason to discuss on this.

I can admit that some pump may stop if not fed with enough voltage, like a fan.

What is the voltage that corsairink software gives to the pump when on quiet mode?

If I know that voltage I can do something to change the pump speed without the link software and get the pump quiet when surfing the web and at full speed when doing some more CPU intensive

• Corsair Employee
Last generation's H80i and H100i were a whole mess of cables. For this generation we tried to simplify it by powering everything off of the fan header and then using Link for finer control. I'm sorry the product we designed doesn't work exactly like you - you specifically - want it and therefore is a stupid design.

Last generation's H80i and H100i were a whole mess of cables. For this generation we tried to simplify it by powering everything off of the fan header and then using Link for finer control. I'm sorry the product we designed doesn't work exactly like you - you specifically - want it and therefore is a stupid design.

I really appreciate your products and your excellent service, I'm sorry for the rude comments.

Hope to see a more flexible pump in the feature, something that can switch from quiet to performance base on cpu temperature.

In any case, thanks for your answers.

• Corsair Employee
That's something we can definitely look into. Truth be told there are a lot of changes and improvements we want to incorporate into the next generation of coolers; the GT(X) coolers are powerful, but feature set still isn't quite where we'd like it. Next generation is still quite a ways out, though.

That's something we can definitely look into. Truth be told there are a lot of changes and improvements we want to incorporate into the next generation of coolers; the GT(X) coolers are powerful, but feature set still isn't quite where we'd like it. Next generation is still quite a ways out, though.

thanks for the answer.

• 6 months later...
The problem is that the header the H80i GT is connected to is powering the pump *and* the fans. The pump is only designed and warranted to run in the Quiet or Performance modes specified in the Corsair Link software and it's not designed to vary.

If I run my rad fans (non-Corsair) off a different header can I have the pump be variable safely? Like run the fans of the CPU Fan header in PWM and run the pump of a System Fan header in DC mode?

If I run my rad fans (non-Corsair) off a different header can I have the pump be variable safely? Like run the fans of the CPU Fan header in PWM and run the pump of a System Fan header in DC mode?

you can do it with corsair link.

pump can't be regulated by the fan header but only with corsair link.

with corsair link you can set two speed, normal speed and maximum speed.

to achieve this, you need to set the maximum power on the fan header and than regulate the pump speed with corsair link.

Archived