Corsair Community

RGB LED extension cables

Lazybum

Recently got a new PC and outfitted the entire system with the HD fans (switching to the loop ones), 64gb corsair vengeance RGB memory (empty slots were unacceptable), lightning node pro with 4 led strips, k95 RGB platinum keyboard, RGB glaive mouse, the RGB mouse pad, wireless void RGB head set and i'm waiting on the headset stand as well from amazon. Went all out with this PC and my very first that didnt use razor peripherals, wasnt having much luch with them.

More to the point of this post, I want to order an CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit to put lights on the top and bottom of my dual monitor set up but in order to then power the set up I would need alot more extension cables to get them to reach back into the case and be able to plug them in.

1: Is this topic posted in right spot? Wasn't a spot for lighting.

2: Are the extension cables sold by themselves? (at this point guess its prob just going to be easier to order 2 expansion kits to get 4 extension cables and have some extra lights.)

3: Do have a spare lighting node pro I got with the dual 140 light loops fans I could prob double stick tape to the back of the monitor and then try and find long enough cable to plug it into the Corsair link.

4: Could I plug a lighting node pro into the RGB headset stand? (Just pulled the lighting pro out of the box and it needs an internal usb plug in on top of its short sata power cable, so guess that wont work.)

Few side notes, damn do those light loop fans look so much better then the standard HD ones. Why dont corsair make a 360 MM radiator cooler?

Thanks all for your time and have a good day.

• Corsair Employee
Recently got a new PC and outfitted the entire system with the HD fans (switching to the loop ones), 64gb corsair vengeance RGB memory (empty slots were unacceptable), lightning node pro with 4 led strips, k95 RGB platinum keyboard, RGB glaive mouse, the RGB mouse pad, wireless void RGB head set and i'm waiting on the headset stand as well from amazon. Went all out with this PC and my very first that didnt use razor peripherals, wasnt having much luch with them.

More to the point of this post, I want to order an CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit to put lights on the top and bottom of my dual monitor set up but in order to then power the set up I would need alot more extension cables to get them to reach back into the case and be able to plug them in.

1: Is this topic posted in right spot? Wasn't a spot for lighting.

You're in the right place. :)

2: Are the extension cables sold by themselves? (at this point guess its prob just going to be easier to order 2 expansion kits to get 4 extension cables and have some extra lights.)

They are not.

3: Do have a spare lighting node pro I got with the dual 140 light loops fans I could prob double stick tape to the back of the monitor and then try and find long enough cable to plug it into the Corsair link.

That's an option.

4: Could I plug a lighting node pro into the RGB headset stand? (Just pulled the lighting pro out of the box and it needs an internal usb plug in on top of its short sata power cable, so guess that wont work.)

You actually could do this. If you use a conventional mini-USB to Type-A cable, you can totally plug it into the stand - or any other USB port. You still have to find a cable to extend that SATA power lead, but you're already outside the chassis at this point.

Few side notes, damn do those light loop fans look so much better then the standard HD ones. Why dont corsair make a 360 MM radiator cooler?

Thanks all for your time and have a good day.

So strictly speaking, even the 280mm coolers are overkill for most processors these days and are limited more by the CPU's ability to transfer heat (thanks for the TIM under the heatspreader, Intel) than surface area of the liquid cooler.

That said, we've had...a few requests here and there for a 360mm cooler. It wouldn't surprise me if we developed one at some point.

Wanted a 360 MM cooloer just to put corsair fans on so i had to go with a thermaltake one and just take their fans off to install the corsair ones, using 760t case and with light loop lights i should be able to have pong go from front front 2 140mm fans thru the 3 120mm on top then to either a 120 or 140 mm in the back of case.

Really tho think my best option is to find some kind of extension cables, do the led lights have special corsair only connections on the ends? If not what would I need to look for in order to get something that would work with them?

Plan is 3 120mm on top and below radiator blowing out, 120mm on bottom blowing in, 2 140mm in front blowing in and a 120 or 140 in back blowing out. For grand total of 10 fans all going to be light loop fans, get my 120 mm fans on friday. Was thinking of doing 3 way splitter for the sets of 3 on top and below radiator, 2 way splitter for the 140s in the front and then leave the fan on bottom and back of case on their own port. So I would use 5 of the 6 ports for the 10 fans.

Is 10 fans too many for the commander pro using splitters?

• Corsair Employee
Wanted a 360 MM cooloer just to put corsair fans on so i had to go with a thermaltake one and just take their fans off to install the corsair ones, using 760t case and with light loop lights i should be able to have pong go from front front 2 140mm fans thru the 3 120mm on top then to either a 120 or 140 mm in the back of case.

Really tho think my best option is to find some kind of extension cables, do the led lights have special corsair only connections on the ends? If not what would I need to look for in order to get something that would work with them?

We do use special connections on the ends of our cables. The reason is because the conventional cables can be connected in reverse and thus not work; we add the connectors to make sure everything gets connected the right way.

Plan is 3 120mm on top and below radiator blowing out, 120mm on bottom blowing in, 2 140mm in front blowing in and a 120 or 140 in back blowing out. For grand total of 10 fans all going to be light loop fans, get my 120 mm fans on friday. Was thinking of doing 3 way splitter for the sets of 3 on top and below radiator, 2 way splitter for the 140s in the front and then leave the fan on bottom and back of case on their own port. So I would use 5 of the 6 ports for the 10 fans.

Is 10 fans too many for the commander pro using splitters?

You should be okay using splitters. We don't strictly support this configuration, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Wasn't there a 360mm radiator on show at a computer show a couple of months back, on the Corsair stand?

Edit. Yep it was at Computex at about 1:19.

I cannot comment on unannounced products. ;)

son of a biscuit !!! sure sure of course they show a 360mm radiator once i buy one from thermaltake. just going to have to replace the one i just bought later on once corsair releases theirs.

So I ordered 2 of the rgb expansion kits and with run the strips around all edges of my dual monitor setup and hope I have enough extensions to get into the case to plug them in. Cant seem to find spare extension cables on ebay either so guess anyone who has them is keeping them or not many people ordered the expansion kits and just got the lighting node pro without them. Sitting on close to $1500 spent on corsair parts for my PC and that number will go up once the 360mm radiator is released. Prob didnt need 64gb of memory but the empty slots on motherboard bothered me lol.

I cannot comment on unannounced products. ;)

I wish you could!... i need that 360 AIO more than my Kidneys Right now!,, i mean... have you seen how desolate it is under my front mounted push/pull h100i v2?

FFT8k93l.jpg?1

oldish pic... but i'm sure you see my pain?

:D::D::D::D::D:

replacing it with our heretofore-unannounced cooler.

i like it!

My 7 120mm light loop fans and my 2 rgb led lighting pro expansion kits were on my door step today when I got home from work!!! Gives me a project this weekend to replace all the hd fans and give them to my brother for his PC which has not arrived yet lol.

My 7 120mm light loop fans and my 2 rgb led lighting pro expansion kits were on my door step today when I got home from work!!! Gives me a project this weekend to replace all the hd fans and give them to my brother for his PC which has not arrived yet lol.

i know that feeling,,, i have 6 so far. just waiting on the other 4

FsC8BEs.png

I looked at that case and just dont get it, first of all the see thru back panel where most hide their cables is just bad and main deal breaker for me. Second the glass over the front seems like the would limit the fans air intake and as well as that front glass needs to be removed every time you need to clean the dust filter. Think same goes for the top and the glass panel up there as far as limiting the air intake, but I assume this really is not the case since theyu wouldnt have put the case into production if the glass hurt air flow. I went with the 760t case since i did put a blu ray drive into the system and have a thermaltake led fan display/control as well. Taking that out out when I change the fans and will use the corsair link to control the fans going forward

If you want RGB extension cables then Google modDIY a Chinese? firm. When on their web site search for Corsair Link / Commander 4-Pin Male-to-Female Sleeved Extension Cable.

Overly priced but they do work. They are only 10cm long but can be daisy chained to make longer cables.

Archived