Corsair Community

Will coolermaster Jetflo destroy Commander mini?

Demandred

Hi all,

I hope someone can assist me.

In the past I connected 2 Coolermaster Jetflo fans to a Corsair H100i and they completely destroyed the pump and fan controller in the H100i, no idea why however thats what happened.

My question is, will connecting the fans to the commander mini do the same thing?

I couldnt find specs for the max output of the h100i fan headers but the other info is below:

Electrical Specs of 1 Fans:

Voltage 12 VDC

Current 0.4A

Power Consumption 4.8W

Specs of the Mini:

Power supply voltage input 11.4 - 12.6 V

Maximum power per fan header 1 A

Maximum power for RGB LED channel 2 A

Maximum power for all 6 fan headers and RGB LED channel 4 A

Thank you!

The Jetflo fans shouldn't have hosed your H100i, and they shouldn't cause any problems with the Commander Mini. I'm a little concerned that you think they fried your H100i.

CoolerMaster Jetflo fans do fry Corsair H100i and H80i AIOs. I know this because I connected 2 Jetflo 120 fans to my H80i and fried the fan controller part, the pump still worked though. 30 seconds on Google with keywords of jetflo fans destroy and you see many users destroying their coolers with these fans

When I posted this on the forms here and it was basically swept under the rug. But here is the full threadand at the end of it is another user destroying their AIO with jetflo fans :laughing:

But here is a user using many Jetflo fans on their Commander Mini without an issue so I'm GUESSING as long as you do not plug them into your AIO you should be ok.

Again I'm guessing because when the system starts up all fans spin at may pulling max power!

Thanks for the replies, corsair should probably thoroughly test those fans on the AIO units, whether they provide support for them or not. It would be prudent to do so before making statements that the fans will not damage the AIO coolers. I could connect 2 Jetflo fans to my H100 right now and post the vid of its destruction but yea I'm not going to do that.

With regards to the Corsair commander mini, I connected jetflo fans to every single header and set them all to max speed and theyre all working perfectly. I think its safe to say that it is definately no problem connecting jetflos the the mini.

I'm not saying that you should test them in order to provide support for them.

I am saying that you should test them and see for yourself that they do indeed destroy the coolers before stating as a corsair employee that the fans WILL NOT destroy the coolers.

The onus does not fall on you to provide support for the fans, it does however fall on you to give good advice with regards to your own products.

I'm not saying that you should test them in order to provide support for them.

I am saying that you should test them and see for yourself that they do indeed destroy the coolers before stating as a corsair employee that the fans WILL NOT destroy the coolers.

The onus does not fall on you to provide support for the fans, it does however fall on you to give good advice with regards to your own products.

You are beating a dead horse. Trust me, ive been there trying to bring awareness to this issue but Corsair will completely ignore that these fans do destroy H100i and H80i and point the finger to CoolerMaster. Also, I even reached out to CoolerMaster about this and guess what they pointed the finger right back to Corsair. So as customers we are left holding the ball and watching users fry their hardware.

I suspect that the cooler master fan do have some capacitor or something that charges up so the fan Draws an enormous amount of Power just when its connected to a Power source, thus frying any Products that does not tolerate larger inrush currents.

Thus the jetflo fan is out of spec for Corsair h100i.

Lets say the fan Draws like 1.5A at startup, for lets say 20ms, and then you have already fryed your h100i with 2 such fans since h100i can only take 2A.

Samt if the current to the fan is very "Dirty", say it has lots of spikes exceeding ~1A per fan.

Someone with a jetflo fan and a oscilloscope could propably test it. Just connect a oscilloscope in the series with the jetflo fan, with the oscilloscope set at current metering, of course with the fan connected to a lab supply or directly to a Power supply. If the jetflo fan has PWM input, you have to supply a PWM signal too.

If the oscilloscope does not have a current mode, create a shunt using a low value resistor, and then measure the voltage drop across this using the oscilloscope. Then use ohms law to calculate the current in amperes.

Note that you still need to take in consideration that the resistor itself affect the current measurement, why you need to add a Little bit to the resulting value.

For the less technically inclined, you need to be careful with any 2000 rpm LED fan. They are all going to draw a high current and there is nothing absolute about that amperage rating on the back of the fan. That goes for any brand, not just the CM Jetflo. I think we all know the H80i/100i had a less than bulletproof controller, but I am not sure what else you would expect to happen when you push into that last 10-15% of it's capacity.

Archived