Corsair Community

Backplanes for the 900D

meson1

Hi

I'm considering purchasing a 900D. I'll be coming from a Chenbro SR107 server case which I have fitted out with SATA backplanes. I run 7 HDDs and am only unable to use the extra slot because my MB doesn't have enough SATA sockets. These backplanes are fantastic because they let me swap and upgrade hard drives with ease. But the SR107 is too tight for space and I can't upgrade to any kind of 240mm or 280mm AIO cooling option.

I'm considering the 900D as part of an overall upgrade because I can then upgrade to an AIO 280mm cooler like the new H110i GT and because the 900D comes with the three drive cages each of which can accommodate 3 drives. But only one of those cages has the backplane fitted.

I'm aware that backplane boards are provided as accessories for the 900D (part CC-8930118). But I've searched this forum, elsewhere and looked at the product information. I can find precious little information about the SATA backplanes for the 900D. Not even basic information and specifications.

Anyway, what I need to know is: are these backplanes rated for SATA3? And are they designed to fit the other two cages provided with the 900D.

I expect the answers to both these questions to be yes. But I don't want to make any assumptions.

Many thanks for your replies.

Archived