Corsair Community

No Device Detected, CUE want Detect on Restart USB 2.0 Windows 10 64 bit

ransom4

I just got my brand new Corsair K70 RGB Gaming Mechanical Keyboard today, and it isn't detected by the CUE software.:mad:

Keyboard LED lights are all RED. White lights on WSAD and arrow keys.

Keyboard is connected and working, except from:

Caps, numpad, scroll lock lights - which are not responding.

Corsair Utility Engine DOES NOT DETECT MY K70 RGB as a device:

"No device detected. Please connect the device.

I connected it to my PC into two USB 2.0 ports. My Mobo is an old 780i SLI that does not support USB3 (it's an old PC, my secondary actually).

After several hours of failure, I switch the polling rate button into BIOS and all of the sudden it detected my keyboard : LED lights changed to rainbow spiral colors, and it prompt a FIRMWARE update download. I installed and latest Firmware.

Naturally I was happy and excited. But after a quick restart (also returning the polling rate to 1ms (1): it seem to forgot my k70 again.

I had several few occasions in which CUE detected my keyboard and lit up the led in rainbow color, after unplugging and plugging the USB cables several times.

But every time I restart my PC it fails to detect my k70, I lose all access special features (lighting, profiles, device) and the LED lights would be RED.

Right now nothing works really, it just won't detect my k70 anymore, even if I unplug and plug everytime.

I am losing all hope here!

I tried every known trick: uninstalling and reinstalling CUE s several times, installed the firmware, remove all keyboard HID from device manager several times.

PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS!

UPDATE:

The only temporal fix that I've found for now is having only the USB with the keyboard logo plugged to my USB 2.0, then re-plugging it on every startup.

Meaning I have to unplug, and re-plug it back.

But every-time Restart my PC - it fails to detect my keyboard again and I have to unplug and re-plug it repeatedly.

This is very frustrating and very tedious.

Keyboards used to be plug and play, but CUE just doesn't detect it.

I have already updated the BIOS yesterday. It seemed to help partially.

After countless trail and error attempts, including removing all USB, HID, mice and keyboard from device manager, and many repeating un-installation and re-installation of both CUE and Logitech Gaming Software (I have G500 mouse and used G15 keyboard):

I have finally got it to work on restarts.

HOWEVER - if I sign out or put my pc to SLEEP - a feature I use very often - once it wakes up, keyboard LED is all black. Button like CAPS not responding, and CUE pops a message: NO DEVICE DETECTED, PLEASE CONNECT A DEVICE.

For some reason putting my pc to sleep and waking it up - makes the software CUE not detect the keyboard.

I came to to near-certain conclusion that the SOFTWARE (Utility Engine) is the issue here. IT has a massive compatibility issue with my machine and or keyboard via USB 2.0.

I know this because - if I don't install CUE: My pc detects my K70 RGB perfectly, how do I know this? Because the Numlock, scroll lock and caps lock buttons are all working and responding.

But the downside is that I cannot change the LED lighting and it keeps the last saved, which is OFF for some reason.

Btw my Keyboard is plugged with the "keyboard logo" cable to a single USB 2.0 port - seem to work more reliably on restarts.

I don't know what to do further... maybe it's a software glitch.

Anyone else using USB 2.0 and having these issues on startup or after waking from sleep mode?

For some reason, If I put my PC on sleep mode - the next time I wake it up, CUE will fail to detect the keyboard again!

Same happens if I sign out and in.

Additional info:

I have tried several times now, this bug is consistent: The keyboard just won't be recognized (so no led effects and DEVICE tab is blank) if the pc wakes from SLEEP mode.

I have installed the latest version of CUE and its FIRMWARE.

I've actually tried resting the firmware once by clicking on the tiny button for 10 seconds, but it seem to do nothing. Firmware is still up to date according to CUE.

Hey guys, not saying this will solve your trouble... but worth checking.

If you go CONTROL PANEL / HARDWARE AND SOUND / POWER OPTIONS and then click on CHANGE PLAN SETTINGS (for your current default power plan). After that click on CHANGE ADVANCED POWER SETTINGS.

When new window opens, scroll down the list a bit until you hit USB SETTINGS. Click little square with plus in it, and then click another little square with plus next to USB SELECTIVE SUSPEND SETTING. Check the state of it, and make sure it's set to DISABLED.

See if that makes any difference. Hope it will help.

• 3 months later...
Hey guys, not saying this will solve your trouble... but worth checking.

If you go CONTROL PANEL / HARDWARE AND SOUND / POWER OPTIONS and then click on CHANGE PLAN SETTINGS (for your current default power plan). After that click on CHANGE ADVANCED POWER SETTINGS.

When new window opens, scroll down the list a bit until you hit USB SETTINGS. Click little square with plus in it, and then click another little square with plus next to USB SELECTIVE SUSPEND SETTING. Check the state of it, and make sure it's set to DISABLED.

See if that makes any difference. Hope it will help.

I thank you for attempting to help, but unfortunately it didn't help.

I am losing my mind here.

I gave up on having the special lighting animations and uninstalled CUE entirely, that's sucks in its own right.

But even worse is the problem with the CAPS/NUM-LOCK/SCROLL-LOCK - white led lights that won't work on startup.

If I change the polling rate or re-plug the USB, these lights will work again. But if I SHUT DOWN and POWER ON the PC again, the issue will return.

Restarting after said "fix" (unplug-re-plug/polling change) - keeps the lights working, but if you do a full shut down, and then turn the pc on, once it enters WINDOWS - the lights stops functioning!!

So no feedback whether I have CAPS/num/scoll ON or OFF.

Of course if I have CUE installed it will also say NO DEVICE DETECTED and be complete non-functional.

BIOS update didn't help. Power options didn't help. Full system format and new version of Windows 10 1511 didn't help.

Corsair Support representative, didn't know what to say, he was helpless and at a loss of words, tried to put the blame on my machine.

This is so frustrating! I spent so much $$$ on this K70RGB keyboard, and I am having the WORST experience with it from day 1.

Thinking of buying Logitech G710+ Brown as this will probably work a lot better and a lot simpler since Logitech Gaming Software works well on every startup and I always had LG keyboards.

Still its expansive and shipping to Israel is freaking costly.

PLEASE HELP!!

I believe it is the new 1.33 firmware which is causing the problem. My K70 RGB was working fine until I updated both my windows 10 and CUE & 1.33 firmware. You can try to roll back to an older firmware. The only one I found on this forum was uploaded by some user, and it is the 1.29 firmware. Otherwise we'll have to wait until Corsair release a fix....

I believe it is the new 1.33 firmware which is causing the problem. My K70 RGB was working fine until I updated both my windows 10 and CUE & 1.33 firmware. You can try to roll back to an older firmware. The only one I found on this forum was uploaded by some user, and it is the 1.29 firmware. Otherwise we'll have to wait until Corsair release a fix....

Can you give me a quick link for download?

Also, isn't there a way to have the Firmware rolled back or RESET completely without installation CUE?

There is a small "push" reset-like button (hole) on the keyboard, but I remember pressing on it and it seemingly did nothing.

Appreciated.

Just tried installing Firmware 1.29, DIDN'T HELP EITHER.

Nothing helps really.

Once you shut down a few times, keyboard turns on, CAPS/NUM/SCROLL lights won't work. If you have CUE installed, the special lighting profiles won't start either, stuck at static lighting.

I disabled CUE from startup entirely, while keeping firmware 1.29, still no use.

I managed to restart a few times, but seems like "hard" shut downs will prompt the non-responsive lights issue.

Only "fix" is unplug and re-plug or changing the polling rate to the left and back. Eventually this button will get broken... :/

Advice?

Can you give me a quick link for download?

Also, isn't there a way to have the Firmware rolled back or RESET completely without installation CUE?

There is a small "push" reset-like button (hole) on the keyboard, but I remember pressing on it and it seemingly did nothing.

Appreciated.

Just tried installing Firmware 1.29, DIDN'T HELP EITHER.

Nothing helps really.

Once you shut down a few times, keyboard turns on, CAPS/NUM/SCROLL lights won't work. If you have CUE installed, the special lighting profiles won't start either, stuck at static lighting.

I disabled CUE from startup entirely, while keeping firmware 1.29, still no use.

I managed to restart a few times, but seems like "hard" shut downs will prompt the non-responsive lights issue.

Only "fix" is unplug and re-plug or changing the polling rate to the left and back. Eventually this button will get broken... :/

Advice?

did you check your bios and chipset, windows, and your bios for updates

BIOS already updated to the most recent version. Update is years old but its the latest for this mobo (wrote this above irrc) 30 DEC 2009. Don't recall how I found it but it's definitely the latest.

Couldn't find Motherboard updates for this EVGA Nforce 780i SLI motherboard.

None that support Windows 10 64bit.

I found something on this website :

http://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/nvidia/laptops-desktops/nforce-780i-sli/4718

There is also this site who supposedly have driverpacks for Win10 64bit:

http://www.win-raid.com/t15f37-NVIDIA-Optimized-nForce-Driverpacks-for-Vista-Win.html

What do you think?

I don't know if these sites are legit or contain malware/viruses..

Also no USB drivers too..

Windows is of course updated.

EDIT: I think driverscape may contain malware/viruses/trojans while Win-raid is safer.. but I can't be sure.

I would rather download this from Nvidia but I can't find Win10 64bit supported drivers..

Also I doubt this will help anything...

I just got my brand new Corsair K70 RGB Gaming Mechanical Keyboard today, and it isn't detected by the CUE software.:mad:

I connected it to my PC into two USB 2.0 ports. My Mobo is an old 780i SLI that does not support USB3 (it's an old PC, my secondary actually).

After several hours of failure, I switch the polling rate button into BIOS and all of the sudden it detected my keyboard : LED lights changed to rainbow spiral colors, and it prompt a FIRMWARE update download. I installed and latest Firmware.

Naturally I was happy and excited. But after a quick restart (also returning the polling rate to 1ms (1): it seem to forgot my k70 again.

I had several few occasions in which CUE detected my keyboard and lit up the led in rainbow color, after unplugging and plugging the USB cables several times.

But every time I restart my PC it fails to detect my k70, I lose all access special features (lighting, profiles, device) and the LED lights would be RED.

Right now nothing works really, it just won't detect my k70 anymore, even if I unplug and plug everytime.

I tried every known trick: uninstalling and reinstalling CUE s several times, installed the firmware, remove all keyboard HID from device manager several times.

PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS!

I know what is the problem and how to 100% fix it

I had the exact same issues. You dont need to do the procedure above just have CUE running then just go into device manager - human interface devices , then in the list right click each one and update. possible only 1 in the list will have an update but once it updates, immediately after cue will display a setup box for language input.

I know what is the problem and how to 100% fix it

I had the exact same issues. You dont need to do the procedure above just have CUE running then just go into device manager - human interface devices , then in the list right click each one and update. possible only 1 in the list will have an update but once it updates, immediately after cue will display a setup box for language input.

Not working either.

Tried updating, it says everything is up to date already. Tried every one under HID.

Thing is, even if I get it to detect my keyboard using the polling rate change or un-attach and re-attached: it won't work after SLEEP/ a few restarts or a single shutdown.

EDIT: I am only using the single "keyboard" logo'd USB connector. Not both, I found connecting both to be useless even though its USB 2.0. Not sure it matters.

Also if I change to "device" it looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/IxmIzqc.png

Num/CAPS/Scroll Lights are stuck at either on or off, can't quite tell if the function works or not.

LED lighting stuck at what's defaulted to the hardware (for me I set it to blue).

Changing the polling rate back and forth or unplug-repluging seems be the only fix. Only temporary though.

Maybe I am missing something...

Couldn't find cheapset drivers for Win10.. only win7..

Try removing those hidden/disconnected devices under Keyboards and HID (the opaque ones), then restart the computer.

Tried... no dice. :(

Also sometimes I noticed that if I have CUE to start on startup - during boot the NUM/CAP/Scroll lights are working (on and off) and responsive. But the moment CUE starts-up, they will get stuck again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would say it has something to do with the NVIDIA chipset. Can you try the keyboard on another computer? Does it work fine?

Alternatively, you could try a PCIe USB card (Ones with controllers inbuilt and not the ones that connect to a internal USB 2.0 port) and see whether that help. Though. i would suggest you make sure the seller you buy it from will accept returns/refunds in case it doesn't work.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but made this account just to let people know what worked for me when keyboard was not being recognised and would just light up.

Unplug keyboard and plug it back in while holding the ESC key. This will perform a hard reset. You will be able to tell it worked because the keyboard will flash once out of pattern.

I have the same problem. I have no idea why this is happening, and it is really annoying. I have reset the keyboard, updated firmware, updated software, removed software and reinstalled software, done everything I can think of to get some color other than red (which I hate). What do I have to do so this keyboard works?

PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS!

Tried it and it did not work. Nothing seems to work to get it off this awful red color.

I know this is an old thread, but made this account just to let people know what worked for me when keyboard was not being recognised and would just light up.

Unplug keyboard and plug it back in while holding the ESC key. This will perform a hard reset. You will be able to tell it worked because the keyboard will flash once out of pattern.

Archived