Corsair Community

K70 non-standard Shift

regs

K70 is being supplied to Russia with non-standard short shift key and useless duplicated slash keys making it completely incompatible for FPS gaming and large amount of typing. Any plans to fix it? Or any way to replace shift and turn off duplicated slash key?

• Corsair Employee

There are going to be two Russian layouts and I'll explain why.

Initially, there were some keyboards done in the Russian layout you showed. However, it was not what the regional retailers wanted as a layout. Instead, they wanted the layout that uses a layout similar to NA, hence why it was changed for newer keyboards.

There are going to be two Russian layouts and I'll explain why.

Initially, there were some keyboards done in the Russian layout you showed. However, it was not what the regional retailers wanted as a layout. Instead, they wanted the layout that uses a layout similar to NA, hence why it was changed for newer keyboards.

Well, i can't find those NA layouts at all.

NA is close to Russian except it has single-level Enter. Dual-level Enter is much easier to use. For some it also crucial, but not for me.

So which one is CH-9000119-RU?

https://www.ulmart.ru/goods/3709930

Or how to distinguish those layouts without breaking a seal on packaging? Any different part numbers or serial numbers on a package?

• Corsair Employee
Erm, will it have Russian symbols and backlight for Russian symbols if it has exact same NA serial number?

The layout will have the appropriate key symbols on them to reflect the regional layout but the button sizes and shapes remain the same.

Here is what it looks like:

attachment.php?attachmentid=24113&stc=1&d=1454020281

658423458_RussianK70RGB.thumb.PNG.f1bff42cdabac2d97d392d50311cc2f8.PNG

Archived